Toughts on moving Aztec 3 War Priest to age 1?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Re: Toughts on moving Aztec 3 War Priest to age 1?

Post by SoldieR »

By the time the 3wp would arrive you would be in age 2 with fast age so you don't need age 1 wp dance. You would also probably dance on xp for a short time to get your 3rd shipment qued
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

SoldieR wrote:By the time the 3wp would arrive you would be in age 2 with fast age so you don't need age 1 wp dance. You would also probably dance on xp for a short time to get your 3rd shipment qued
Ye but I wouldn't be using the fast age in that case.
Image Image Image
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

2 wp is proper
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well you could also just TP, dance for xp with your 4 wp asap after clicking up, probably almost have a shipment ready even after fast aging
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

to copy an idea from inca, maybe something like a 1 wp + increasing the work rate of wp in the plaza, like how inca has a similar card for llamas.

Its a facilitation to a boom and allows for harder scaling for stuff like attack and heal at 10wp
Canada klonko
Skirmisher
ESO: klonko

Post by klonko »

Kaiserklein wrote:Well you could also just TP, dance for xp with your 4 wp asap after clicking up, probably almost have a shipment ready even after fast aging
You start with 300w and need to chop for house or plaza, it would delay age up or XP dance. Also you kind of can do this already by tasking vills to plaza like in the 10 WP boom when you want the 700w right after the 3wp no?

But from the number 1 WP is roughly equal to 1 xp/sec so its not game breaking to have them dance on XP too. It's the equivalent to get a big XP treasure, but realiably. Definitly not game breaking. What would brake the game would be to have WP dance in age 1 with this. The 4 WP already in directly in age 2 is a major buff to 10WP boom by cutting at least 40 sec out of it. Now its about 5min30-6min you finish the 10WP boom but with that you would get it by 4:50-5:20. Would it be game breaking? Sure 40 sec is massive, but would it be OP? Atm it's mostly only speculation haha. But one thing is sure It would definitly help aztec!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well no you'd just go TP and don't dance, like some people do already, and then after you clicked up just chop 100w and xp dance with 1 then 4 wps.
Or you just find a wood treasure because you have the eagle scout and your wp scouting as well, so that you get both the firepit and TP without aging late.

It would be worth it if the first TP xp is good, so that you get 3v earlier, and can ship 3 wps early enough to have a shipment in colo.

You say 3 wps isn't a game breaking age 1 card, but it's basically a 3 TPs card (unless your TP gets a good first pass like I said), that are safe in your base, dance for more wps, and can boost your units attack. Sounds pretty OP to me.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada klonko
Skirmisher

Post by klonko »

Kaiserklein wrote:Well no you'd just go TP and don't dance, like some people do already, and then after you clicked up just chop 100w and xp dance with 1 then 4 wps.
Or you just find a wood treasure because you have the eagle scout and your wp scouting as well, so that you get both the firepit and TP without aging late.

It would be worth it if the first TP xp is good, so that you get 3v earlier, and can ship 3 wps early enough to have a shipment in colo.

You say 3 wps isn't a game breaking age 1 card, but it's basically a 3 TPs card (unless your TP gets a good first pass like I said), that are safe in your base, dance for more wps, and can boost your units attack. Sounds pretty OP to me.
But you don't take into account the rest of aztec identity being garbage(ok, underperforming) units and early/mid game eco :uglylol:. The way you word, it makes it OP shipment even in age 2 too which is not. Also, xp is only valuable if you have good shipment and aztec tend to not have those unlike those high tempo age3 shipment euro civ have (looking at you falconnets :dry: ).

Also, there is drawback of having alot XP, being that you still need 40 sec for it to come. So having many shipments in bank is problem, a fun to have one, but still a problem. That's why market big button for native or mercantilism is for euro isn't as useful despite being basically a 4 shipments button in early age 2. Its a big cost for something that does not come fast enough for you to benefit from it. I'm not even sure if a spanish logistician could benefit from it :hmm: .
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

TP start is ok but it's actually worse now because TPs are nerfed. The only times I'd consider TP over firepit is if I'm planning a stagecoach strat or if I can drop both with a wood treasure.
Image Image Image
Canada klonko
Skirmisher

Post by klonko »

Garja wrote:TP start is ok but it's actually worse now because TPs are nerfed. The only times I'd consider TP over firepit is if I'm planning a stagecoach strat or if I can drop both with a wood treasure.
Also you need to chop 350w for hut + house during age up if you don't send 700w first on age up or you will get pop block quickly. And your 700w might arrive late at that point, if you sent the 3 WP age 1. Doing so you have low resource count for first units batch + vill... For these reason, I feel like the 100 extra wood in bank is more valuable to hold onto unless its a map with lots of wood treasure. Anyway, Aztec is a macro clusterfuck every game and heavily depend on the treasure hunt.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Garja wrote:
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:Well India and Russia use trickles for wood, not for food. Anyway Aztecs need late game scaling, not early game eco.
What do you mean with lategame scaling, because when Aztecs are maxed they're actually quite good. With farm age to industrial and the 20% card (+ atleast another 15% for farm) their eco is basically on TAD civs level. The units are good even tho they lack a proper siege unit and don't have a long range infantry either.
They have good very late game scaling once they transition into farm but this is mostly irrelevant in 1v1 isn't it ? But from late age 2 to late age 3 they suffer the same eco scaling problems (lack of second tier gold and food ups) as other TWC civs don't they ?
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Actually in mid/late age3 they're pretty strong too if it is out of a prolonged age2 game.
Image Image Image
Brazil Youssef
Skirmisher
ESO: Youssef2709

Post by Youssef »

I think shipping 3wp as first card and then 3v and age fast with 16 maybe would be very very strong