Age of Empires III: DE — Hotfix 27330

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Age of Empires III: DE — Hotfix 27330

Post by aaryngend »

FIXED - Age of Empires III: DE — Hotfix 27330

This hotfix restores cross-platform MP, along with rectifying the US Civilization progress loss error for most players. If you still run into issues after, please contact support here.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Age of Empires III: DE — Hotfix 27330

Post by gibson »

Hoping to see them fix the bug that caused treaty games to only crash occasionally instead of every single one
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

is this just hotfix or includes the new patch
Image Image Image
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Garja wrote:is this just hotfix or includes the new patch
Both, it's the new patch minus the USA challenge progress bug that made them take it back the first time.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Maybe it's just in my head, but the game feels so much smoother and I feel I have control of unit's especially during big battles
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

honestly just hoping this patch doesn't break anything, I guess we'll wait and see
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

All my hotkeys have been deleted - has anybody else had this issue?
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher
ESO: CR_Joops

Post by CR_Joops »

Theodore wrote:All my hotkeys have been deleted - has anybody else had this issue?
Ye I just had to switch them back to default instead of legacy.
Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher
ESO: mk8by8bcity

Post by AndiAOE »

We did play a 3v3 and the game was just a tiny bit slower than usual (similar to replays). Has someone else experienced this? We had all the default settings for the game
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

CR_Joops wrote:
Theodore wrote:All my hotkeys have been deleted - has anybody else had this issue?
Ye I just had to switch them back to default instead of legacy.
I had the same lol
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Had several games with new patch and my experience so far has been good. No new bugs that I can see and units seems a lot more responsive even during big fights. No units stuck on tp although it's only been a few games. Patching also seems better. And playing on GP with plenty of hunts and bisons that dont run away too fast was nostalgic.

Feel like the game is in a state where it should have been on release
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

my game keeps crashing whenever I launch a game
Image Image Image
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

Garja wrote:my game keeps crashing whenever I launch a game
if you have any mods installed you'll need to deactivate them until they're updated
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Ok I spawned most of the maps that have been changed.
Overall I see lot of fixed placed resources. Not big fan of that (not fan at all actually) but I guess if it works...

Anyway, Great Plains seems a good map.

Cascade Range, I didn't check code, just noticed 1st and 2nd mine don't spawn on opposite sides of the TC anymore. That's quite a price imo to have 2nd mine spawn consistently. Originally there was a somewhat strict constraint on 2nd mine (couldn't place too far forward). Don't remember if I tried that already but one way to assure consistent spawn is to make 2nd mine spawn first, and only then spawn the first mine with same constraints.

Florida swamp is over-saturated with trees. Surely it looks more swampy but the central part is barely crossable by units. The muddy water is good tho.

Korea hunts look fixed now (and increased?). Again, not a fan of that but w/e at least people wont complain about hunts missing or such. It's sad tho cause the map originally had 500f animals so the logic was fewer but bigger hunts.

Manchuria now doesn't spawn the top extra mine neither for 1v1 nor team. No idea what caused it but it's pretty big deal.

New England seems more consistent. Players don't have OP treasures in base anymore. The additional elk hunt imo is not necessary. Starting areas are a bit overcrowded by resources. Mine distribution is symmetrical but different from the original map which wanted mines to be further away from the lakes. The forest placement has something odd.
I don't know how the resource generation order has been changed but I know that I had it changed already on the EP version. Original map had treasure first etc. I wonder which baseline map has been used for DE :hmm:

Punjab cliff glitch has been fixed finally. Not sure tho which of the two possible fix has been used tho. Looks like the plateau code part has been removed which is ok as it was a bit redundant (back of the plateau now collapse tho). Not a fan at all of the 2 new extra hunts. Resource had the right amount of hunts already. Filling the map with more hunts is a lazy fix to possibly uneven resource placement (which was rare anyway). Considering the DE map also has buffalos I really think those 2 hunts should be removed. I don't know what's with the mines in the bottom part (unless it perhaps refers to some old constraint in team game spawns).

Saguenay now basically has 2 more mines overall. It maybe makes it more consistent (not even sure as the only problem was with the 2nd mine) but map was supposed to have 10 mines total and not 12.

Siberia first mine is too close to the TC now. Tower is there cause first mine is supposed to spawn a bit further than usual. Also first hunt has been simply deleted (???)

Sonora looks hmm...different. Less cliff/canyons is fine. They do seem to be placed only on the sides of the map (I guess intended and not necessarily bad), but they also look too small. They're too similar to Painted Desert pillars now. I don't mind them being shorter but maybe they should have variable height. Middle map has the big canyon again which imo is the worst part of the map (too many resources, easily wallable, units can barely path through). Hunt radius has been conviniently reduced but too much now. Tree density/clumpiness was better in the original map imo. Finally the map has some treasures (mostly coin tho).

Yukon has too many trees overall now? Middle of the map and left side of the river seem overcrowded.
Image Image Image
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Siberia is bugged. No 1st hunt. Surely that wasn't intended?
No Flag Narida
Musketeer
ESO: Narida

Post by Narida »

All my buttons disappeared from my tc yesterday in a game. I couldnt age up and that was that.
France Skwizz_Jehuty
Crossbow
ESO: Skwizz_Jehuty

Post by Skwizz_Jehuty »

same here annoying... :uglylol:
India iron_turtle
Skirmisher
ESO: iron_turtle

Post by iron_turtle »

Narida wrote:All my buttons disappeared from my tc yesterday in a game. I couldnt age up and that was that.
The patch reverted it to legacy by default. Select the hotkey option again.
No Flag Narida
Musketeer
ESO: Narida

Post by Narida »

iron_turtle wrote:
Narida wrote:All my buttons disappeared from my tc yesterday in a game. I couldnt age up and that was that.
The patch reverted it to legacy by default. Select the hotkey option again.
Not sure what you mean. When I selected my TC I had no age up button, no vil button and no mm button. Nothing to do with hotkeys, although I had that issue as well. I already use legacy hotkeys and I had to set them all up again.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Which file do I need to duplicate if I wanna restore my hotkeys later? Just wanna be safe before I update :!:
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Garja wrote:Ok I spawned most of the maps that have been changed.
Overall I see lot of fixed placed resources. Not big fan of that (not fan at all actually) but I guess if it works...

Anyway, Great Plains seems a good map.

Cascade Range, I didn't check code, just noticed 1st and 2nd mine don't spawn on opposite sides of the TC anymore. That's quite a price imo to have 2nd mine spawn consistently. Originally there was a somewhat strict constraint on 2nd mine (couldn't place too far forward). Don't remember if I tried that already but one way to assure consistent spawn is to make 2nd mine spawn first, and only then spawn the first mine with same constraints.

Florida swamp is over-saturated with trees. Surely it looks more swampy but the central part is barely crossable by units. The muddy water is good tho.

Korea hunts look fixed now (and increased?). Again, not a fan of that but w/e at least people wont complain about hunts missing or such. It's sad tho cause the map originally had 500f animals so the logic was fewer but bigger hunts.

Manchuria now doesn't spawn the top extra mine neither for 1v1 nor team. No idea what caused it but it's pretty big deal.

New England seems more consistent. Players don't have OP treasures in base anymore. The additional elk hunt imo is not necessary. Starting areas are a bit overcrowded by resources. Mine distribution is symmetrical but different from the original map which wanted mines to be further away from the lakes. The forest placement has something odd.
I don't know how the resource generation order has been changed but I know that I had it changed already on the EP version. Original map had treasure first etc. I wonder which baseline map has been used for DE :hmm:

Punjab cliff glitch has been fixed finally. Not sure tho which of the two possible fix has been used tho. Looks like the plateau code part has been removed which is ok as it was a bit redundant (back of the plateau now collapse tho). Not a fan at all of the 2 new extra hunts. Resource had the right amount of hunts already. Filling the map with more hunts is a lazy fix to possibly uneven resource placement (which was rare anyway). Considering the DE map also has buffalos I really think those 2 hunts should be removed. I don't know what's with the mines in the bottom part (unless it perhaps refers to some old constraint in team game spawns).

Saguenay now basically has 2 more mines overall. It maybe makes it more consistent (not even sure as the only problem was with the 2nd mine) but map was supposed to have 10 mines total and not 12.

Siberia first mine is too close to the TC now. Tower is there cause first mine is supposed to spawn a bit further than usual. Also first hunt has been simply deleted (???)

Sonora looks hmm...different. Less cliff/canyons is fine. They do seem to be placed only on the sides of the map (I guess intended and not necessarily bad), but they also look too small. They're too similar to Painted Desert pillars now. I don't mind them being shorter but maybe they should have variable height. Middle map has the big canyon again which imo is the worst part of the map (too many resources, easily wallable, units can barely path through). Hunt radius has been conviniently reduced but too much now. Tree density/clumpiness was better in the original map imo. Finally the map has some treasures (mostly coin tho).

Yukon has too many trees overall now? Middle of the map and left side of the river seem overcrowded.

every time the DE team touch the maps, they best we hope is they accidentally deleting the first hunt, ffs

why wont they just delete all their work and use the last version of ep maps
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Anyone else started without the extra coin crate on mongolia? I assumed it was part of the map changes but I couldn't find it.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

i got it, maybe just a bugged spawn
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Kaiserklein wrote:Anyone else started without the extra coin crate on mongolia? I assumed it was part of the map changes but I couldn't find it.
If you ever can't find a crate, check the shadows of trees. Quite often the case that it's just very very difficult to see.
oranges.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

There are no trees close to TC on mongolia, and anyway I really checked carefully and couldn't find it
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..