Ports CM

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Canada MasterOfDoot
Crossbow
ESO: MasterOfDoot

Ports CM

Post by MasterOfDoot »

Hey, maybe I'm just dumb, but my ELO is around 1200 and I'm having problems dealing with Town Militia Portugal on water, it seems unpunishable. I used to play spain (before logistician META), now Russia and Otto. You can't burn anything down without getting rekt by the big CM batch and these buy enough time to reach age 3, so even after pushing through 2 big CM batches, a 3rd TC has access to it... Am I missing something? Perhaps I shouldn't be pushing TC? Thanks!
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Re: Ports CM

Post by Jets »

Russia can't siege very well on age2, unless you risk it and go for grenadiers... And otto it's just ff, go for jans+falcs+mamelukes.
Canada MasterOfDoot
Crossbow
ESO: MasterOfDoot

Post by MasterOfDoot »

I'll try that thanks
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Yeah try not to go in and be happy they send a defensive card that isnt doing shit as long as u dont walk units in tc range.
Try the following things instead:
1. Best one of the map allows it take the tp Route and get stagecoach.
2. Age up to 3 and get multiple tc and mosque tech (as otto)
3. Set up a ring of LOS around his base with like blockhouses other buildings ur hero scouts and random low hp units. That is useful for
a) spotting if he sends out raids to ur base
b) if he trys to send his age 3 tc out u can force it to go up in base which is a huge win since he will run out of res at some point
4) all of that doesnt apply if he is water booming. If thats the case u either have to challenge water or indeed break through early on land.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

if you can bait the big CM pop and then retreat without taking much damage, thats a great win for you, since they just spent 900 res on units that you can 1 shot with a falconet a little later on
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

If they are going for water you need to pressure both on water and on land at the same time - don't let him get away with his water boom.
As brits, your land boom is faster than his water boom, so you will have a window where you have just more eco than he has (remember that every warships he trains slow down his boom). Build to 200 manor pop and go either for a late age 2 timing with caravels (train 2 send 2 I guess) or age and send falcs+frigate). But you need a deck adapted to fight against water - less military shipment, more upgrades, 2 caravels, frigate, warship ups...
You don't need to commit under his TC, if he sends cards like CM or advanced dock he is not sending eco cards which is a win for you.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Do the 3 caravel rush, and try to raid his vills with cossacks (though it doesn't help a lot). In age 3, send Advanced Artillery, and train mortars to break his defense.
Age 3 mortars are the best units to destroy turtle play: he can't counter with wall+culverin, as mortars outrange culverins.