Bye for now

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Re: Bye for now

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Veer_84 wrote:
Squamiger wrote:Damn was Kaiser really still playing on the shitty notebook he used for ep? Dude get an actual monitor and keyboard, you will start thumping these kids even harder. I gained like 200 elo when I switched lol
I have noticed that professionals urge players to play on a desktop rather than a laptop. I get it why they say it. But what's wrong with a laptop with a good 17-inch screen? That's enough to see everything clearly.
Well a laptop with good specs will do, 16gb is needed for aoe3 de ,SSD ,good cpu and gpu but that being said many ppl buy student laptops(ppl who are studying) ,i myself use laptop ,the most common age group for ppl playing this game ,is 20-30s ,laptop is very convenient and flexible ,there is difference in comfortability using desktop & laptop ,i feel comfy using desktop ( being able to allocate separate space for my keyboard ,tilt the keyboard if i want ,the keycaps & key switches are different feeling ,laptop have stock key switches which might not be great for pressing) and monitor where i want the viewing angle is different and the hand placement also.
:nwc:
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Veer_84 wrote:
Squamiger wrote:Damn was Kaiser really still playing on the shitty notebook he used for ep? Dude get an actual monitor and keyboard, you will start thumping these kids even harder. I gained like 200 elo when I switched lol
I have noticed that professionals urge players to play on a desktop rather than a laptop. I get it why they say it. But what's wrong with a laptop with a good 17-inch screen? That's enough to see everything clearly.
tbh for me it's the mechanical keyboard that's probably more important. and yea a 17 inch screen is probably good but thats a huge laptop, most poeple don't have one that size. i was using a 14 incher, now i got a nice 24 inch monitor
India Veer_84
Musketeer

Post by Veer_84 »

To be honest, Kaiserklein has been in great form. It's easy to focus on the losses but just a month ago he was able to beat Knusch 5-0 or was it 6-0. I can imagine it could be disheartening to lose against Aussie Drongo.

That would be like for a 1000 ELO player to lose to a 750 ELO player knowing that the 750 ELO player played worse off (followed no build order, sent crappy shipments) but still won. The only difference is that Kaiserklein is a 2k player and Aussie Drongo a 1700 player.
India Veer_84
Musketeer

Post by Veer_84 »

Squamiger wrote:
Veer_84 wrote:
Squamiger wrote:tbh for me it's the mechanical keyboard that's probably more important. and yea a 17 inch screen is probably good but thats a huge laptop, most poeple don't have one that size. i was using a 14 incher, now i got a nice 24 inch monitor
I think even a 14-inch screen is good enough. :)
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Main argument for getting a desktop (or docking station) is probably posture. I find it hard to have good posture on my laptop.

Bigger screen seems nice, but I think that for aoe3 my 27 inch screen is overkill. 21 inch or so is probably optimal.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I used to have a large laptop which was just fine, never gonna bother getting a desktop comp because I don't know where to put it + I can't move around with it.
Now I'm on an actual notebook so yeah that's pretty bad
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

Veer_84 wrote:
I had a laptop with a GTX 1050ti and 17inch screen for 3 years, when I Switched to PC 27 inch monitor and 1440p the difference was HUGE, I was instantly better in every single multiplayer game I played, Dota 2 , Call of duty , Cs Go you name it.. any multiplayer competitive game requires a good monitor and a respectable PC to extract the maximum of your potential.. The same applies to anyone including you and Kaiserklein.. I would imagine at first it he would be a worst player but once he gets used to playing on a bigger monitor there is no going back.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Hey kaiser, it's a shame to hear that!
What I can recommend, if you are interested, is that you try the betas of the updates, I tested it and felt and real change in performance, by the way you can use your knowledge to make recommendations to the development team!
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Big DON Artie made Kaiser quit AoE3.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Kaiser please comeback!
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Astaroth wrote:Big DON Artie made Kaiser quit AoE3.
i don't really think that's the case. It's not like this is the first time Kaiser has lost a game or a tourney. Top players are extremely used to losing, its how they got to the top in the first place.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

playing vs sweden and CM is hardly a motivation to buy a new PC
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Mongolia badger_prince
Musketeer
ESO: badger_prince

Post by badger_prince »

I watched the series and I enjoyed it. Both players playing at a lvl I cannot fully grasp.

Obviously nobody can know Kaiserkleins motivation or state of mind etc.
But either he just quits completely, because he does not enjoy the game anymore - then thanks for all the entertainment you provided, the countless games we watched you playing with great mechanics.
Or he does a Rocky training montage, gets a decent laptop (and possibly a smurf (which would be a "schtroumpf" in french)) and comes back in a glorious mechanics firework sometime in the future.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

badger_prince wrote:...
Or he does a Rocky training montage, gets a decent laptop (and possibly a smurf (which would be a "schtroumpf" in french)) and comes back in a glorious mechanics firework sometimes in the future.
In cinemas when?
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Squamiger wrote:
Astaroth wrote:Big DON Artie made Kaiser quit AoE3.
i don't really think that's the case. It's not like this is the first time Kaiser has lost a game or a tourney. Top players are extremely used to losing, its how they got to the top in the first place.
You need to distinguish between loosing 4-3 vs Hazza in finals after having smashed great names and loosing in first round vs an unknown guy (sorry don arti). I don't think Kaiser was so used to the later one recently. And once you've gotten used to win tournaments consistently for years, such a defeat is probably not easy to accept.
Probably what kaiser said about the lag and that he doesn't enjoy the current meta is true, but it's also obviously true that loosing this game was the last trigger that made him take the decision to post this thread.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well it's just that it's been a while I've been feeling I'm playing worse, and losing these specific games put into light just how much, much worse I've become.I've lost ladder games to anyone before, but when it came to tourney games I used to pretty much just smash worse players. I don't have any interest in playing this game when 1) the game is trash, thus no fun 2) I can't get past group stages in tournament.
Also it was the first time I experienced that much lag in fights in a tourney game, I realized I can't play competitively.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany aligator92
Howdah

Post by aligator92 »

Time to let the man enjoy his retirement for two month. Then we can welcome him back, hopefully with a revitalized spirit
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

I just played a game after 1-2 months no games at all and WTF is this shit.

First game: All my hotkeys are randomly reseted. Have to resign.

Second game: Looking 6 mins for opponent. Then a shitty game vs look_tom where both of us call minutes accidently because apparently they put by default to some very important key or some shit.

Third game: I sometimes get 0.01 second lag spikes (its not noticeable in cs/pubg but I see some packet loss flash). But in DE it completely fucks up you up. Controls stop working but you can still see ur opponent moving his shit. Chat works too. But the game keeps telling you that you have lost your connection and then drops you out.

Nice game. Not gonna be back either.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Lol I never had any of these, why do some people have way more problems with DE than others?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Almost certainly due to differences in hardware or connection stability/ping
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

I opend this thread to confirm that sometimes things change in ur life and tell u that most people come back to the game and this community. Then i saw it was Kaiserklein and im really shocked about it. Never expected him to say it but it might be just rage :hmm:

Funny is.. i agree with him the game is such a big... I dont enjoy playing it and myself even upgraded my comp just for this game. Wasnt worth it!
shit juice :hmm:
Pakistan comradecommissar
Dragoon
ESO: ComradeCommissar

Post by comradecommissar »

Goodspeed wrote:Almost certainly due to differences in hardware or connection stability/ping
It's definitely this. I've been playing on a pretty new Alienware laptop and a very good connection since release and beyond a bug that sometimes cancels my quick search and requires a game restart, its been a smooth experience, even with graphics cranked up really high.

Came back to Pakistan for the summer and left my Alienware at home. Installed the game here on a decent PC with a decent internet connection and the experience is so much poorer.

I feel like the game just isn't optimized well enough for lower end hardware, even when they claim it should work. @Kaiserklein really should try playing the game on a high end machine and his thoughts really might change. DE on a high end machine is absolutely lovely.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Just re-posting it here coz this seems the appropriate topic.

My pc is too shit to play this game unfortunately.Got 8gb ram which is not enough ,takes 10 mins+ to start the game itself because no SSD and ppl get fed up waiting for me ,laggs when i age up ,commands don't register because of d-sync and server ,shift click bugg & idk how clicking work ,i select vills and click on tc but they instead shoot the hunt below it or something because the commands didn't register it first on tc but on the herd,all these things combined i can't play this game at competitive level. Only can play team games which is more chill.

And for comparison every other games loads superfast,no lagg(CS GO ,dota 2 ,AC Odyssey for eg etc) ,aoe2 de is buttery smooth for me and it's opposite in aoe3 de i really need to have good system to play "aoe3 de" especially.I'm joining the quitter's lobby with kaiser ,rouga etc.Doesn't mean i'm quitting but i'm not interested much.All i can enjoy is consume aoe3 de content ,backseat ,chat on twitch.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

comradecommissar wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Almost certainly due to differences in hardware or connection stability/ping
It's definitely this. I've been playing on a pretty new Alienware laptop and a very good connection since release and beyond a bug that sometimes cancels my quick search and requires a game restart, its been a smooth experience, even with graphics cranked up really high.

Came back to Pakistan for the summer and left my Alienware at home. Installed the game here on a decent PC with a decent internet connection and the experience is so much poorer.

I feel like the game just isn't optimized well enough for lower end hardware, even when they claim it should work. @Kaiserklein really should try playing the game on a high end machine and his thoughts really might change. DE on a high end machine is absolutely lovely.
I believe it's not about the quality of the hardware rather the manufacturer, I have a medium to high-end PC but my experience with DE was sluggish at best.
Germany aligator92
Howdah

Post by aligator92 »

Speaking of slow. Does the snail that sometimes shows up next to one player's name indicate struggeling hardware or struggeling internet?