Setting the Direction for DE

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: Setting the Direction for DE

Post by Dolan »

If this was addressed to me too, among others, let me say that I was only referring to the UI shipped with the DE, I didn't say anything about the gameplay or balance, since yeah I don't play the game.
But you can say something relevant about the quality of the work done on DE by just seeing the game played on streams.
Especially if you have some past experience with modding the game, building UI mods, or just building interfaces and game content in general.
I'll let the people who actually play or have played DE weigh in on balance and gameplay issues.
Great Britain Scylla-x
Crossbow

Post by Scylla-x »

gibson wrote:Thats not even true. Looking through the ladder past the 500s there are a solid amount of people who have 1000+ games. Does the population of this website play more than the median person? Almost certainly. Do they play "more than anyone else"? No. Funnily enough, that many of the games vocal critics barely/don't play at all. Weird that people who dislike the game don't play it, while people who like the game do. :dry:
Many people on esoc spend way more time crying about the game on these forums than they actually do playing, not sure why, could just play another game and save a lot of wasted time.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Scylla-x wrote:
gibson wrote:Thats not even true. Looking through the ladder past the 500s there are a solid amount of people who have 1000+ games. Does the population of this website play more than the median person? Almost certainly. Do they play "more than anyone else"? No. Funnily enough, that many of the games vocal critics barely/don't play at all. Weird that people who dislike the game don't play it, while people who like the game do. :dry:
Many people on esoc spend way more time crying about the game on these forums than they actually do playing, not sure why, could just play another game and save a lot of wasted time.
You can also whine about it while playing other games. Then you get twice the fun
United States of America Dolphincup
Musketeer
ESO: Dolphincup

Post by Dolphincup »

Does anybody actually know what the development structure looks like for DE? Isn't Forgotten Empires in charge of balance, and aren't they on ESOC?

Either way, I think the original point of this thread is a good one: the devs are way more likely to notice and consider organized discussions on the official forums, especially on non-balance things like observer UI. One thing I don't think the devs do is read through all the comments on official forum posts. There is way too much nonsense from the same 10 people who know jack shit about anything, and just like everything here devolves into a discussion of who is the brickest wall, everything on official forums devolves into "nerf japan." I think they might actually look at posts and comments that have a lot of likes, so popular players are actually going to have louder voices there than random scrubs. Creating an official forum post and linking it in ESOC is at least a better approach than doing nothing.
Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher
ESO: mk8by8bcity

Post by AndiAOE »

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/germa ... ood/132825

lmao
"Kaiserklein
Yes, the basic concept of Germany is to get extra uhlans out of your shipments"
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

It's honestly a guilty pleasure of mine to occasionally lurk on the official forums to see all the dumb balance changes proposed there.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Its funny how a dumb post like that is way more intelligent than the rest of the shit on there
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/doesn ... ncy/103109
Did they ever fix this? I deinstalled some months ago and dont care enough to check anymore. Thats why I quit, the game was in a quirky albeit ok state.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

onfiregun17 wrote:It's honestly a guilty pleasure of mine to occasionally lurk on the official forums to see all the dumb balance changes proposed there.
u perv
Image Image Image
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

onfiregun17 wrote:It's honestly a guilty pleasure of mine to occasionally lurk on the official forums to see all the dumb balance changes proposed there.
There's some crazy shit going on there.