what happened to the meta

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re:

Post by deleted_user »

Lecastete wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Cleters wrote:Yeah, I can understand that.

But basically, for someone playing germany, spain or France, did anything changed vs dutch ?

For their lategame... the only difference is that they have 10 more vills, after sending all the cards... 90% of the games may end sooner.
France has -50 food crates because 12/20 up into 8 huss was considered to be so strong. So that france is still a fine civ, same thing happened to ports, their 10/10 was considered to be too good and has -50 food crates aswell now. the exaggeration & manipulation amount is incredible, also nothing actually has changed about germany it's actually buffed considering the uhlan hp revert.
12/10 was too good, because you could do ridiculous things such as 4:30 stagecoach with several tps, 8 huss has never been a problem it's actually pretty bad.
ports 10/10 is still too good on every atp and water maps.
Now for the civ you seem to hate the most no matter what, germany is ok now, it's not op, it's not bad, it's just ok. Germany used to be a timing oriented civ with swingy shipments. You get better uhlans now and it's nice that they perform better in fights, but you also lost so much momentum by losing early tp and worse exp curve. So is it good for the civ ? probably fair trade, is it good for the game ? probably is
Both kynesie and me don't consider port 10/10 as healthy for water boom purpose, it's just not giving you the boom you want, I personally prefer 13/20 or 12/20. For the atp part, I agree with you. atps overall should be nerfed imo, especially considering the amount of maps with high tp amount like mongolia/central plains and so on, atp civs are just becoming stronger. About germany part, their age3 shipments are still so strong and the uhlan buff made the shipment bonus of germany even more viable than it ever was, so that germany actually is not ok considering the strong bonuses they get especially in age3 imo. But you are free to disagree with me ofcourse.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Re: what happened to the meta

Post by InsectPoison »

Devs need to add more fish to the sea tbh
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

thats probably why you and kynesie dont consider port as op because youre aging 1min slower than you should be
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Re: Re:

Post by kevinitalien »

deleted_user wrote:
Lecastete wrote:
Show hidden quotes
12/10 was too good, because you could do ridiculous things such as 4:30 stagecoach with several tps, 8 huss has never been a problem it's actually pretty bad.
ports 10/10 is still too good on every atp and water maps.
Now for the civ you seem to hate the most no matter what, germany is ok now, it's not op, it's not bad, it's just ok. Germany used to be a timing oriented civ with swingy shipments. You get better uhlans now and it's nice that they perform better in fights, but you also lost so much momentum by losing early tp and worse exp curve. So is it good for the civ ? probably fair trade, is it good for the game ? probably is
both kynesie and me don't consider port 10/10 as healthy for water boom purpose, it's just not giving you the boom you want, I personally prefer 13/20 or 12/20. For the atp part, I agree with you. atps overall should be nerfed imo, especially considering the amount of maps with high tp amount like mongolia/central plains and so on, atp civs are just becoming stronger. About germany part, their age3 shipments are still so strong and the uhlan buff made the shipment bonus of germany even more viable than it ever was, so that germany actually is not ok considering the strong bonuses they get especially in age3 imo. But you are free to disagree with me ofcourse.
well you have a fucking tc at each age with port, is just a civ bonus like ger and the uhlan or hauds with a travois at each age, or spain's xp etc
Image Image
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

kevinitalien wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes
both kynesie and me don't consider port 10/10 as healthy for water boom purpose, it's just not giving you the boom you want, I personally prefer 13/20 or 12/20. For the atp part, I agree with you. atps overall should be nerfed imo, especially considering the amount of maps with high tp amount like mongolia/central plains and so on, atp civs are just becoming stronger. About germany part, their age3 shipments are still so strong and the uhlan buff made the shipment bonus of germany even more viable than it ever was, so that germany actually is not ok considering the strong bonuses they get especially in age3 imo. But you are free to disagree with me ofcourse.
well you have a fucking tc at each age with port, is just a civ bonus like ger and the uhlan or hauds with a travois at each age, or spain's xp etc
ports don't have villager shipments
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

ports age up with 900w (1000w if u consider vill seconds on walking and building time) so nerf ports man!
Lancer

Post by kevinitalien »

deleted_user wrote:
kevinitalien wrote:
Show hidden quotes
ports don't have villager shipments[/quote]
well but for me 2 tc and the 100xp is clearly better actually, oh and free map control
Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

they do age with 500w (and 100xp), which is something people forget. It's actually important because only need to chop 25w for steel traps when doing cav/musk semi FF.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

kevinitalien wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes
ports don't have villager shipments[well but for me 2 tc and the 100xp is clearly better actually, oh and free map control
100xp isn't a ports stuff, every civs have 100xp bonus, so pretending it as a port buff doesn't actually make sense.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Can we maybe cut the xth iteration of this argument short. The OP asked about changes in the meta not tiny details the top players disagree on.

@alistairpeter
I am also fairly new to DE, but compared to RE (the last official patch for the Asian Dynasties) the game has become more boomy and defensive as maps now consistently spawn a decent amount of resources in TC range. Just making a forward rax and puttign 15 musks under your opponent's TC is not gonna win games anymore. Some civs use the in-base resources to FF or semi-FF (China, Germany) and push out in age 3 with their shipments. Others stay in base as long as they possibly can and sometimes even reach Industrial before leaving it (Japan). Rushing civs like Russia and Aztec are currently struggeling as they lack a good fortress and Aztec's colonial was unfortunately nerfed even more because it proved too good on the low ladder.
Lancer

Post by kevinitalien »

deleted_user wrote:
kevinitalien wrote:
Show hidden quotes
ports don't have villager shipments[well but for me 2 tc and the 100xp is clearly better actually, oh and free map control
100xp isn't a ports stuff, every civs have 100xp bonus, so pretending it as a port buff doesn't actually make sense.
yeah but I mean we can not dispute that the ports really benefit from it compared to other civ ( apart from the Inca who benefit really well too)
Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

deleted_user wrote:
kevinitalien wrote:
Show hidden quotes
This is a dogshit argument and you know it
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

deleted_user wrote: 100xp isn't a ports stuff, every civs have 100xp bonus, so pretending it as a port buff doesn't actually make sense.
most civs don't even build a 2nd TC, and when they do 100xp is not relevant anymore.
aligator92 wrote:Can we maybe cut the xth iteration of this argument short. The OP asked about changes in the meta not tiny details the top players disagree on.
This is what you get for using the word "meta" on forums.
Hazza54321 wrote: This is a dogshit argument and you know it
he doesn't
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Hazza54321 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes
calling only ports have 100xp is actually a clueless statement and you know it, let's nerf the global 100xp bonus overall if we don't like it, but it's added for a purpose, don't pretend it like it's just a port buff, surely ports and inca starts benefitting from it starting age2
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Garja wrote:
deleted_user wrote: 100xp isn't a ports stuff, every civs have 100xp bonus, so pretending it as a port buff doesn't actually make sense.
most civs don't even build a 2nd TC, and when they do 100xp is not relevant anymore.
It's arguable but you aren't wrong, ports/Inca benefit from it most. Surely can reduce it to 50 or something
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Hazza54321 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes
he really doesnt. After all all civs can build tcs.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Not in colonial age
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Imo give ports 3v and 5v shipments and remove the free TCs upon age up. According to breeze it would be a buff, goes to show how much he doesn't even understand his main civ. Let's try it and have a good laugh please
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

Goodspeed wrote:Not in colonial age
ah. But breeze said it doesnt matter and hes the peoples champion!
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Kaiserklein wrote:Imo give ports 3v and 5v shipments and remove the free TCs upon age up. According to breeze it would be a buff, goes to show how much he doesn't even understand his main civ. Let's try it and have a good laugh please
haha, so you yourself admit that port units are weak then? because if ports had 3v/5v shipments it would literally be same as brits/spain with exiled prince, but yeah they don't have strong age3 shipments.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

btw, I also like how rafa keeps following each post I make since years, that's greatly appreciated mate xd @lordraphael
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

deleted_user wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Imo give ports 3v and 5v shipments and remove the free TCs upon age up. According to breeze it would be a buff, goes to show how much he doesn't even understand his main civ. Let's try it and have a good laugh please
haha, so you yourself admit that port units are weak then? because if ports had 3v/5v shipments it would literally be same as brits/spain with exiled prince, but yeah they don't have strong age3 shipments.
Yeah literally the same as brits/spain but without a civ bonus... moron
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

deleted_user wrote:btw, I also like how rafa keeps following each post I make since years, that's greatly appreciated mate xd @lordraphael
im your biggest fan. the many times you made me laugh. cannot be counted. youre a great entertainer, willingly or not
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

deleted_user wrote:@Community Team
Mommy kaiser is being a meanie again