update sucks

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France speedflyer
Dragoon
ESO: speedflyer

Re: update sucks

Post by speedflyer »

Seamonk wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I would, but not if my internet speed defaulted to a 1/3 every two weeks. Unfortunately it’s not possible to switch provider in this case, and I already sold my MSFT stocks before DE was released.
Maybe it's just me but this situation seems weird. This is a forum that was created for a fan patch of a game. People spent tons of time making content and fixing the base game. Now that we have access to a dev team that can change the underlying code, an admin of said forum thinks that it's a bad idea to try to fix the game.

Is it only appropriate to try to fix things long after the possibility to fix certain things has passed? Is it really better to be stuck with shitty animations and fixed number of cards? If I remember correctly, banner armies were hard coded too.

For the record, I'm not trying to simp Microsoft. This update sucks. Trying to collect crates on the back side of the TC shouldn't be micro intensive. It's just another MS product that needed more time in the oven.

Also, if you have actual choices in internet providers, I'm insanely jealous.

you are actually simping microsoft :D If ppl that weren't paid could make better there is nothing else to expect from microsoft then a better and improved game which is not the case. Stop trying to excuses MS when this game is out for 9 months and is still a total piece of shit
I hope Zoi and his team of faithful minions can stop demonizing people
France speedflyer
Dragoon

Post by speedflyer »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:Looks like they were trying to go for an aoe2 look, the only thin I don't like about it is that there is a white in between HP and depleted HP which actually seems to be more distracting than useful
Get ready to have this shit bar on aoe4 ... even on aoe2 its not that big iirc
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Afroholic wrote:
I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:Looks like they were trying to go for an aoe2 look, the only thin I don't like about it is that there is a white in between HP and depleted HP which actually seems to be more distracting than useful
If we want to see aoe2 look, we can play aoe2. So there is no point to launch aoe4 with aoe2 looks or update a new patch with aoe2 look to aoe3DE.I hope one day the aoe team will get it,
I don't know if you saw the trailer for AoE4, but to me it looks like a complete AoE2 clone
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

RefluxSemantic wrote:I have to admit that I quite enjoy windows 10. It's been a huge step up in terms of performance and reliability.
Of course it is a step up, but it could be so much better if they stopped putting in useless features that no one asks for resulting in making the system a lot more unstable and breaking things with every release (we had 2 releases per year, now we are down to one at least with one update being without new features).
There were times where Windows 10 deleted a lot of your personal data if you met some requirements and a lot of other issues too you would only see when using specific hardware or tools within Windows 10. That's why most Windows 10 users never meet the most annoying bugs introduced through updates.

Anyway, I suggest that when the next Public Beta Branch comes out people should schedule with some friends and test the new stuff and report any bugs immediately. You can only see that specific forum while logged into Steam btw.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

I know the computer in my lab is never to be connected to the internet, and runs on windows 7. Those updates are particularly annoying when you're running niche hardwares with 10 year old drivers that are being used by a few hundred people at best. So in that case those windows updates can indeed be quite annoying.
France speedflyer
Dragoon

Post by speedflyer »

aaryngend wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:I have to admit that I quite enjoy windows 10. It's been a huge step up in terms of performance and reliability.
Of course it is a step up, but it could be so much better if they stopped putting in useless features that no one asks for resulting in making the system a lot more unstable and breaking things with every release (we had 2 releases per year, now we are down to one at least with one update being without new features).
There were times where Windows 10 deleted a lot of your personal data if you met some requirements and a lot of other issues too you would only see when using specific hardware or tools within Windows 10. That's why most Windows 10 users never meet the most annoying bugs introduced through updates.

Anyway, I suggest that when the next Public Beta Branch comes out people should schedule with some friends and test the new stuff and report any bugs immediately. You can only see that specific forum while logged into Steam btw.
I really struggle to see how people that played the "Public Beta Brench" couldn't see how garbage it was... all the bugs have nothing to do with this imo. Atleast i hope or that means the players which tested actually plays with a NASA computer or it means they are totally blind
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

aaryngend wrote:I suggest that when the next Public Beta Branch comes out people should schedule with some friends and test the new stuff and report any bugs immediately. You can only see that specific forum while logged into Steam btw.
It's already up with the incoming hotfix, actually: https://steamcommunity.com/app/933110/d ... 562903833/
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

speedflyer wrote:
aaryngend wrote:

I really struggle to see how people that played the "Public Beta Brench" couldn't see how garbage it was... all the bugs have nothing to do with this imo. Atleast i hope or that means the players which tested actually plays with a NASA computer or it means they are totally blind
Or they tested in singleplayer, where the lag issue doesn't happen. That's what I did.
France speedflyer
Dragoon

Post by speedflyer »

also yeah , glad you could add another option !
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

I have to ask, what is this about the HP bar size being bigger, I couldnt tell if there was any changes, is it just me?
Rainbow Land Afroholic
Crossbow
ESO: Afroholic

Post by Afroholic »

aligator92 wrote:
Afroholic wrote:
If we want to see aoe2 look, we can play aoe2. So there is no point to launch aoe4 with aoe2 looks or update a new patch with aoe2 look to aoe3DE.I hope one day the aoe team will get it,
I don't know if you saw the trailer for AoE4, but to me it looks like a complete AoE2 clone
I saw it and I totally agree with you . Thats why I mentioned aoe4 on this topic too
France speedflyer
Dragoon

Post by speedflyer »

helln00 wrote:I have to ask, what is this about the HP bar size being bigger, I couldnt tell if there was any changes, is it just me?
it's not you :) or well it is :p i missunderstood your post
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

helln00 wrote:I have to ask, what is this about the HP bar size being bigger, I couldnt tell if there was any changes, is it just me?
Yeah it doesn't seem noticeably bigger to me either, I'm on 1440p resolution.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

They just need to fix the lag (experiencing it now) and the mouse icon and were gucci for the hot fix. Also tried to join a few team games and I couldn't connect, and the graphics when it lags is blurry...both must be be related to the lag issue.

I like the change in hp bar personally, so much clearer now
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

I really like the new bright marker between the full part and the empty part of the bar, makes it very easy to see just how much is left in a resource to avoid vils going idle. Much more clear than before imo. I'm also a big fan of the smaller home city overlay, especially that you can leave it open and continue playing while waiting to click your shipment or going over your opponent's deck.

I haven't noticed the bars being bigger than before. That's on 1080p, zoom set to "far".

I did get a bit of stuttering, so I've taken to restart the game every 2 games. Haven't had any issues since. I guess I don't pay much attention to my mouse cursor because I only notice the difference if I specifically focus on it.
Overall this patch has been a step up for me, with the stuttering hopefully getting fixed soon. Now if we could get a consistently working attack move after 16 years, that would be brilliant. :mrgreen:
France speedflyer
Dragoon

Post by speedflyer »

JKProwler wrote:They just need to fix the lag (experiencing it now) and the mouse icon and were gucci for the hot fix. Also tried to join a few team games and I couldn't connect, and the graphics when it lags is blurry...both must be be related to the lag issue.

I like the change in hp bar personally, so much clearer now
no we are not gucci at all , seing enemy flares is a problem , tchat is also a problem , the hp is also a problem , just give us an option to remove this , its ugly
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Yeah the chat issue needs a fix too.
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

Garja wrote:Cause people complained about HP bars being too small. ez answer
I literally havent seen a single complaint about "small hp" bars since DE launched.. maybe I have not been paying attention but as the guy above me mentioned they really are forcing the AOE 2 look.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

My bad, I guess not too small, just hard to see.
Image Image Image
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Garja wrote:My bad, I guess not too small, just hard to see.
Yeah, this was the real issue. If a player was a dark color, it was impossible to see how much HP the units had left. So I made sure that player 1 and 2 are red and green by default because both are easy to see on black background.
Germany InaLeto
Crossbow
ESO: InaLeto

Post by InaLeto »

Today I discovered another feature of the new update: general chat only ... (also pings of the opponent etc.) ...

France speedflyer
Dragoon

Post by speedflyer »

Maybe aoe4 will be out before the hotfix ? who knows
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

@here, HOTFIX IS LIVE