update sucks

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France speedflyer
Dragoon
ESO: speedflyer

Re: update sucks

Post by speedflyer »

gibson wrote:Shitcryer crying even though none of the bugs effect his 1200 elo games
If you wanted to be useless , congrats you succeed
I hope Zoi and his team of faithful minions can stop demonizing people
France speedflyer
Dragoon

Post by speedflyer »

@admin i feel harassed by this man :'( please help
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

speedflyer wrote:@admin i feel harassed by this man :'( please help
imagine the mods on this forum actually moderating. Insane idea
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Okay, the update doesn't suck anymore. They fixed pretty much all the issues that creeped up since the update.

HOTFIX 30181

General
  • Note: This hotfix will temporarily break crossplay as the hotfix will be available first on Steam and then later on the Microsoft store.
  • Fixed an interpolation issue that resulted in stuttering animations (which could also have presented as poor FPS).
  • Fixed the cursor sometimes displaying the incorrect icon when gathering resources.
  • Fixed a crash when ejected from lobby due to game size.
  • Team game chat now correctly defaults to Allies and flares will no longer be shown to Everyone.
Map updates:

Manchuria
Fixed a bug where the northern mines weren’t spawning correctly.
Made team spawns slightly smaller than before.

Siberia
Fixed an issue where the starting hunt and berries sometimes wouldn’t spawn properly.
Adjusted how tower and coin spawn so mine isn’t too close to TC and should now be the same distance from the TC for each player.
Regular map only: slightly reduced the size of team spawns.

Borneo
Adjusted the starting mine spawn distance in team games and ffa (mine now spawns the same distance from TC for every player).

Andes Upper
Tier 2 and 3 treasures spawn as intended (3 away from cliffs and 2 within cliffs).

Cascade Range
Adjusted constraints to improve resource spawn consistency.

Punjab
Reduced the number of hunts to the intended number in 1v1, consistent with original design.
Slight size reduction in team games.
Fixed an issue that could cause the covered wagon to sometimes not spawn in nomad mode.

Fertile Crescent
Fixed TC position in 1v1 and balanced team spawns.
Rebalanced map resources in 1v1 for spawn consistency.
Fixed an issue that could result in players’ second mines failing to spawn.
Fixed an issue that could result in the TC wagon not spawning in nomad.

Kamchatka
Changed starting herd from 2 herds of 3 to 1 herd of 6 bighorns.
Fixed an issue that could prevent the covered wagon from spawning during nomad game mode.
Removed some loops for quicker load time.

Amazonia
Re-scripted mines and trees so they spawn properly on the north island.

Great Plains
Reduced the second bison herd from 13 to 11.
Adjusted constraints on treasures to keep the tier 1 nuggets from bunching up around the edge of the map.
Removed some loops for faster loading.
Large GP only: adjusted constraints to ensure that resources spawn correctly.
Slight size reduction in team spawn.
Fixed an issue where some mines weren’t spawning in team games.

Painted Desert
Fixed an issue where some players wouldn’t spawn in FFA/2v2v2v2/imbalanced teams.
Slightly reduced the map size in team spawns.

Korea
Rebalanced hunts for team spawns.

Bengal
Fixed an issue that sometimes resulted in the native(s) settlements from spawning in 1v1.

Arctic Territories
Changed the water type so the terrain along the cliff edge is now buildable.

Florida
Altered trade routes in 1v1 only:
It’s now more difficult for the top player to get first pass on third tp.
It’s now more difficult for the water player to control the trade route.
Fixed an issue where one of the native settlements sometimes wouldn’t spawn.
Touched up swamp islands and trees to fix an issue where trees would sometimes spawn so densely that pathing in and out of the swamp was blocked.
France speedflyer
Dragoon

Post by speedflyer »

i wonder when they will give a look at 6 mamelouks for 900 gold
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

aaryngend wrote: Kamchatka
Changed starting herd from 2 herds of 3 to 1 herd of 6 bighorns.
Fixed an issue that could prevent the covered wagon from spawning during nomad game mode.
Removed some loops for quicker load time.
damn was this so hard to do earlier
@Garja
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

i liked the garja hunts, gave the map something unique and more character. plus punished bad early play
fucking de dared to touch kamchatka... :/
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Flares still show to everyone :hmm:
Vanuatu DoctorSulla
Musketeer
ESO: DoctorSulla

Post by DoctorSulla »

Has anyone tried restoring a saved game where someone has dropped yet? This actually seems like a really good update in terms of QoL stuff, shame they broke so much other shit in the process.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Jerimuno wrote:i liked the garja hunts, gave the map something unique and more character. plus punished bad early play
fucking de dared to touch kamchatka... :/
this
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i actually agree aswell, scrubs just need to get better
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

The garja goats were iconic but annoying as fuck. As a shitter, I like the change.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I'm actually going to go against what I normally do and show support to the developers for getting a hotfix out so quickly. I'm sure they're doing their best with limited resources. I don't want to shit on someone who isn't given the means to do their job properly in the first place.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's probably such a huge codebase, that they're playing a game of constant whack-a-mole with the game. Changing something to improve things in one place probably creates some unexpected bugs somewhere else.

And nobody actually knows the whole codebase, since it probably has more than 1 million lines of code and it was written sometime in the early 2000s, by a much bigger team, because Ensemble activated in that pre-2008 time period when Microsoft was pouring money on them. Now gamedev is a lot thriftier.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

aaryngend wrote: Great Plains

Adjusted constraints on treasures to keep the tier 1 nuggets from bunching up around the edge of the map.
damn i liked running around the outside of the map and getting 200c by the time i hit age 2
United States of America Seamonk
Musketeer

Post by Seamonk »

speedflyer wrote:
Seamonk wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Maybe it's just me but this situation seems weird. This is a forum that was created for a fan patch of a game. People spent tons of time making content and fixing the base game. Now that we have access to a dev team that can change the underlying code, an admin of said forum thinks that it's a bad idea to try to fix the game.

Is it only appropriate to try to fix things long after the possibility to fix certain things has passed? Is it really better to be stuck with shitty animations and fixed number of cards? If I remember correctly, banner armies were hard coded too.

For the record, I'm not trying to simp Microsoft. This update sucks. Trying to collect crates on the back side of the TC shouldn't be micro intensive. It's just another MS product that needed more time in the oven.

Also, if you have actual choices in internet providers, I'm insanely jealous.

you are actually simping microsoft :D If ppl that weren't paid could make better there is nothing else to expect from microsoft then a better and improved game which is not the case. Stop trying to excuses MS when this game is out for 9 months and is still a total piece of shit
Maybe my intent isn't coming across clearly enough. I want to get the most enjoyable experience I can from the game. To this end, I will submit bug reports to enhance my enjoyment. I do not enjoy submitting bug reports, and I wish that these issues were not in the game. Unfortunately, I like the game too much to just drop it.

I'm not giving MS excuses. They have been doing a poor job. They put a hard deadline on a project that wasn't reasonable and are seemingly relying on a Game as a Service type of mindset. You can see it across their newer products as well - Power Automate, Power Automate Desktop (which is significantly different, despite the similar name), and Power Apps. (Luckily Power BI has been around long enough to get through a lot of the growing pains.)
I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:The counter argument was that most of the hard work of creating a new game had been done, they had a template to work on or draw from and an experienced community who could add insight to gameplay and balanced. It is fair to say that the game as it is right now is far below expectations of what it should be.
I completely agree with all of this. Microsoft just had to reskin EP with new textures (gotta satisfy that boss demanding value add) and release it. I'm looking pragmatically at what to do now. It's either work with the people making the game, or just continue to be disappointed until you move on.
India iron_turtle
Skirmisher
ESO: iron_turtle

Post by iron_turtle »

All the patches now could feature map balances/changes, because vividlyplain joined the dev team.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

yeah, nice to see maps being actively updated, vivid putting in a lot of work :love:
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

i tried two games with the hotfix, first one seemed fine, in the second my game crashed when i wanted to select my deck with the new minideck. anyone else got this crash?
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

Ok can someone confirm if they have the same "problem" ?

The units in queue will now go to a second row after having more than 4 and if you make more than 8 the 9th 10th etc will dissapear and you will have to wait for the other units to spawn so you can see it. Was this a problem before or is it something I noticed now because they changed the rows?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

it was a problem before, there's more displayed now than before i believe
mad cuz bad
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

n0el wrote:it was a problem before, there's more displayed now than before i believe
Yea the fact that I did not notice it before and I did now makes it worse at least in my opinion.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

game crashed without even an error message twice right as it was loading in matchmaking. both of the times it was about 3rd game since game launch. counts as a loss ofc
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

@harcha Did you update/disable mods?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

yeah disabled and restarted first thing after update