AOE4 RELEASE DATE

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

AOE4 RELEASE DATE

Post by Cocaine »

Age of Empires 4 launching October 28, 2021.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: AOE4 RELEASE DATE

Post by princeofcarthage »

Source? I tried finding it on google but couldn't see 28th Oct as concrete date anywhere. It just says fall 21.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

princeofcarthage wrote:Source? I tried finding it on google but couldn't see 28th Oct as concrete date anywhere. It just says fall 21.
Someone here will tell you the source, and if not, when the date is announced I will just copy and paste this post into that post and laugh :) But mark the date nevertheless. Or laugh at me and call me a liar until the date is announced sure.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

Apparently there was a hidden post on the official website that was briefly revealed, @Aussie_Drongo made a video about it:

Netherlands Gauix7
Crossbow
Donator 01

Post by Gauix7 »

It was posted on the website when you go to more information about aoe4, they made perhaps offline all the new news about the game, and they post it online by a little mistake. It is already offline now
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

princeofcarthage wrote:Source? I tried finding it on google but couldn't see 28th Oct as concrete date anywhere. It just says fall 21.
Some steam page updated and allegedly showed this. There were also more screenshots accidentally leaked showing a bunch of images (huray, the arrows are fixed now)
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Please no. Let it come out during XMAS!
More time for us to enjoy aoe2&aoe3!
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Post by Cleters »

That was obvious, as AOE2 DE and AOE3 DE just went out to make the franchise live once again before the big release of AOE4, it's just part of the commercial strategy. That's why we have DLC and update for AOE3DE too, to keep the game alive until AOE4 comes out.

Still, I'm personally a bit sad, I hoped AOE4 was for next years, so we could play 3 a bit longer before the community get split once again.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Cleters wrote:That was obvious, as AOE2 DE and AOE3 DE just went out to make the franchise live once again before the big release of AOE4, it's just part of the commercial strategy. That's why we have DLC and update for AOE3DE too, to keep the game alive until AOE4 comes out.

Still, I'm personally a bit sad, I hoped AOE4 was for next years, so we could play 3 a bit longer before the community get split once again.
Didn't we already know the release date was somewhere in fall 2021?
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
Cleters wrote:Still, I'm personally a bit sad, I hoped AOE4 was for next years, so we could play 3 a bit longer before the community get split once again.
Didn't we already know the release date was somewhere in fall 2021?
Of course we did, but there was (maybe still is?) hope that they fuck up and have to delay the game's release once again.
XMAS would be perfect.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

you can always just wait until xmas to buy it haha
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

I can but others won't, so aoe2 & aoe3 will lose quite a bit of their playerbase.
Retired Contributor

Knowing MS they will take atleast 6 months to fix the buggy game they will release. Which means barring couple of weeks most players should return to aoe 2 and 3 until christmas.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

princeofcarthage wrote:Knowing MS they will take atleast 6 months to fix the buggy game they will release. Which means barring couple of weeks most players should return to aoe 2 and 3 until christmas.
not sure there are reasons to expect it to be buggy like the DE games. This is a new code base and a dedicated studio from day 1.
mad cuz bad
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

Funny how people were so certain it would not come out in 2021
Retired Contributor

n0el wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Knowing MS they will take atleast 6 months to fix the buggy game they will release. Which means barring couple of weeks most players should return to aoe 2 and 3 until christmas.
not sure there are reasons to expect it to be buggy like the DE games. This is a new code base and a dedicated studio from day 1.
AAA game in development for years, with budget far exceeding aoe 4, with developers far superior and established with a history of making some of the best games ever made, and cyberpunk 2077 was released as it was despite multiple delays. Now that was single player rpg so playable somewhat even with bugs. Now imagine a multiplayer rts with bugs
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

AOE4 is 93 GB guys lmao
:nwc:
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

princeofcarthage wrote:
n0el wrote:
AAA game in development for years, with budget far exceeding aoe 4, with developers far superior and established with a history of making some of the best games ever made, and cyberpunk 2077 was released as it was despite multiple delays. Now that was single player rpg so playable somewhat even with bugs. Now imagine a multiplayer rts with bugs
I’m not saying it is going to have zero bugs, that’s not realistic even given an unlimited timeline. Not sure the experiences of those games are even comparable considering the issues cyberpunk had.
mad cuz bad
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
AOE4 is 93 GB guys lmao
Imagine if it doubles while updating :hehe:
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Jotunir wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:
AOE4 is 93 GB guys lmao
The only reason AoE3 does this is because AoE3 stores all of the game files inside archived .bar files. So when you update, the game has to unpack all of the .bar files, replace the updated files, and then recompile the .bar archive.

Most games don't store files this way I think, so it's unlikely AoE4 will as well.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Mitoe wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:
AOE4 is 93 GB guys lmao
The only reason AoE3 does this is because AoE3 stores all of the game files inside archived .bar files. So when you update, the game has to unpack all of the .bar files, replace the updated files, and then recompile the .bar archive.
I know, but it would be hilarious if it happened with AOE4 aswell (I hope not).
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

This game better have muskets
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Victor_swe wrote:This game better have muskets
If the game doesn't have batch training like AoE3, does that mean we have to do a 15 rax rush instead of a 3 rax?
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Mitoe wrote:
Victor_swe wrote:This game better have muskets
If the game doesn't have batch training like AoE3, does that mean we have to do a 15 rax rush instead of a 3 rax?
I’m fairly certain we can see goodbye to 5 min rushes with AoE 4. It will be like AoE2 sim city style