i have created a thread to definitively balance the game, on the official forums

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

i have created a thread to definitively balance the game, on the official forums

Post by Squamiger »

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/the-d ... ced/133589

it's a definitive list that all hard-working, decent folk can agree on. Only imperialists and class traitors will object. Go like and comment on it and we can restore AoE3 as an RTS
Howdah

Re: i have created a thread to definitively balance the game, on the official forums

Post by Squamiger »

(i didn't add advanced torp card for swedes but thats because thats a no-brainer, my dad who works at AoE3 told me that they will add it next patch so dont worry)
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Re: i have created a thread to definitively balance the game, on the official forums

Post by dansil92 »

im amazed some of those people have the brain cells to spell yabusame, ngl
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

so cute
Image Image Image
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Ban
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@Zutazuta he didn't propose any ashi nerfs dw
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

Are you sure you didn't put this on a public forum :D. I mean I thought this was a very private email. Geez. Wow.
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

it was a private email to the devs, somehow a bunch of shitters have been able to see and comment on it though
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher
ESO: CR_Joops

Post by CR_Joops »

Buff surgeon
India iron_turtle
Skirmisher
ESO: iron_turtle

Post by iron_turtle »

So I was thinking Devs buff/nerf civs based on pure winrates regardless of ELo level. So let's just resign and artificially increase the winrate against the civ we want nerfed.
This message brought to you by IllegalTactics©
United States of America Abrahamburgerlincon
Crossbow

Post by Abrahamburgerlincon »

Nice job, but I doubt anything will come out of it
not a Rick roll, promise :hehe:
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

Funny communnity out there. The only reasonable thing I read was to remove stuff from Sweden.

Also, all those posts trying to balance ports CM by twisting cards and putting time restrictions are just lame. There's an overall balance that nobody talks about, and it's based on that each set of civs from the expansions are miles away from the original design of the game. You either cut content or rework the game entirely.
United States of America Dolphincup
Musketeer
ESO: Dolphincup

Post by Dolphincup »

I agree w/ everything except for OP yabs. think yabs are expensive enough that yumi/yab would be well-balanced if shrine HP comes down and Japan's eco is thus more raidable.
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

after some reflection i think maybe it's not the yabus that are necessarily OP, its the combo of yumi/yabus, and its more the fact that yumis just shit on every other skirmisher in the game, making it very hard to counter yabus
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

wrote an essay in response, kind of already said the same things here on ESOC before but like put it into a list: https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/the-d ... dapple9268
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

you have zero clue about aoe 3
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

Tbh there's no logical explanation to why yabusames have x8 vs artillery, since they already have one cul/falc hybrid . Also the 50%rr is crazy.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Jets wrote:Tbh there's no logical explanation to why yabusames have x8 vs artillery, since they already have one cul/falc hybrid . Also the 50%rr is crazy.
flaming arrows do not have a multi vs other artillery until the honoured upgrade is researched age 4. they are not a culv, and thus yabusame fulfil the role of anti artillery in age 3
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

Yeah I’m okay with yabusame just not with Ashi and Yumi since Falcs would otherwise be a decent answer to both. Maybe make it a bit weaker vs. hand cav so that high range resist can be better negated and y’know neuter Ashi and Yumi a bit and compensate them somewhere else.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

until yumi are standardized to 15 damage with 2x vs HI, japan will never be balanced
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

dansil92 wrote:until yumi are standardized to 15 damage with 2x vs HI, japan will never be balanced
I want the toxic 1150 hp, 2 :pop: Cuirassier back.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

dansil92 wrote:until yumi are standardized to 15 damage with 2x vs HI, japan will never be balanced
Idk I would just prefer to increase the cost. They feel comparable to cassadors so maybe just a food cost increase?

Also maybe for the Yabusame a HP nerf (plus maybe reduce the cav multi to x 3 intstead of 3.5) since I think their main weakness should be melee ( which yumi are also weak to) which will force a 3 unit composition as some people want and also strain a 3 resource economy if they have to make ashi to counter cav
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

... and many civs will just go (semi) FF into skirm/goon and Japan essentially won't have a counter. Early on, yumis get outranged and outmassed by skirms. They also need to be upgraded to age3.

It also doesn't make any sense that a unit that is more expensive than a longbowman would have 2 less attack.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Astaroth wrote:
... and many civs will just go (semi) FF into skirm/goon and Japan essentially won't have a counter. Early on, yumis get outranged and outmassed by skirms. They also need to be upgraded to age3.

It also doesn't make any sense that a unit that is more expensive than a longbowman would have 2 less attack.
technically speaking yumi do about half the damage of a longbow already, no?

as long as japan doesn't have to make naginata to beat other skirms its never going to be balanced. its trivial to crank yumi up to 24 damage age 2, which for comparison is the same damage output as an age 4 forest prowler. They continue to get stupider as the ages progress
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

I feel like you have a fundamentally incorrect understanding of the game if you focus so much on how good Japan is in late fortress while completely ignoring the idea that you can punish them somehow.