I am tired

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

I am tired

Post by look »

just am i tired? every 3 games in qs 2 or 3 come (port swe spain)

it's impossible to have fun
I want to have fun, not play against this shit all the time

So if anybody would like to play some BO5 tourney rules pm me.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Korea South Miyawaki Sakura
Dragoon
ESO: April

Re: I am tired

Post by Miyawaki Sakura »

I'm also tired of dealing with swe

I can play if you want
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

Miyawaki Sakura wrote:I'm also tired of dealing with swe

I can play if you want
Add me steam

https://steamcommunity.com/id/look_tom
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@look csgo?
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

I fully trust that next Tuesday (when the USA event ends), a new update will come out with new balances. Hopefully the meta can be changed a bit more.
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

me arpil stream now
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

EliteRifleman wrote:I fully trust that next Tuesday (when the USA event ends), a new update will come out with new balances. Hopefully the meta can be changed a bit more.
Don’t bet on it. Expect some random Aztec nerf or buff, a small handful of logical changes but nothing serious against Sweden, Spain Logi, Port Cm/water, Peru, or Japan.

I play unorthodox styles and am contemplating learning 1vs1 properly and adapting my unorthodox styles to the meta but Japan and Sweden put me off. Honestly they never should have changed Spain logistician, it was fine the way it was before.

So i ‘might’ see if I can find some people willing to play with me.
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

Just petard your way out.
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

i want a fun qs again.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

look wrote:i want a fun qs again.
lol
 name a point in time in the last 10 years where qs was actually fun

Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

Zutazuta wrote:
lol

Well I can't do last 10 years... but...

When Vanilla launched before everyone figured out how busted Otto and France was.

When Tw... nope... Spain shipment spam was OP in vanilla, it was OP at the start of TWC and throughout it. Agents were also a huge issue at launch and Haudenosaunee could build war huts with starting travois.

Maybe when TAD launched before everyone figured how busted China was, though we were still dealing with Spain's brain dead nonsense too but not as badly as the start of TWC. (Japan shrines were buffed after China was nerfed guys).

In other words, when people didn't know how to play and didn't know the meta. Every game is much more fun when that is true, gives a feeling that anything is possible :).
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Peachrocks wrote:
Zutazuta wrote:
lol

Well I can't do last 10 years... but...

When Vanilla launched before everyone figured out how busted Otto and France was.

When Tw... nope... Spain shipment spam was OP in vanilla, it was OP at the start of TWC and throughout it. Agents were also a huge issue at launch and Haudenosaunee could build war huts with starting travois.

Maybe when TAD launched before everyone figured how busted China was, though we were still dealing with Spain's brain dead nonsense too but not as badly as the start of TWC. (Japan shrines were buffed after China was nerfed guys).

In other words, when people didn't know how to play and didn't know the meta. Every game is much more fun when that is true, gives a feeling that anything is possible :).
lol wat were agents like in those days, they are supposed to have increased los right?
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

aoe 3 qs days and games were pretty fun. unbalanced AF but entertaining games.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Vanuatu DoctorSulla
Musketeer
ESO: DoctorSulla

Post by DoctorSulla »

lol wat were agents like in those days, they are supposed to have increased los right?
They were fast, with huge line of sight, 300hp, and no counters.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

helln00 wrote: lol wat were agents like in those days, they are supposed to have increased los right?
Nah the los is one of the few things that didn’t change. Spies as a base had 10 attack rather then 5 but lower multipliers. Agents increased their attack to 15 I think but their HP increase was absurd, I think it was 200%? Whatever the case they were basically unbeatable per cost.

They had no counters, beat anything in a straight fight, were fast, had decent siege. Yeah, there wasn’t many times where the usually abysmally slow ES balance team moved quickly but this lasted about two weeks irc. Which for an issue of this magnitude these days would be way too slow.
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

There were 2 different cards for spies - agents and another one, that I dont know the english word for (In german I think it was "Meuchler").

Agents increased hitpoints and the other card increased attack. Agents had 450 HP and 10 attack. They would still lose to a hussar but you could spam them all day long very fast and simply build a few pikes with them to counter the hussars.

Was absurd as hell, the whole TWC expansion was a sick joke tbh. U guys remember great house spam from Iroquis? Basically NOT rushable by ANY civ, forced you to play the late game vs unnerfed forest prowlers. There was a replay at agesanctuary where a guy rushed with british grenadiers and lost to 12 town centers. I am not joking, they were built in 10 seconds, had massive dmg, massive HP and were cheap as fuck.

Good times :D
No Flag GettinBetter2
Crossbow

Post by GettinBetter2 »

lol @blasdg
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

just play japan
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

@blasdg the other card was assassins and has never been changed and good memory. I thought I kept good track of things.

Great house was really ridiculous and that wasn’t nerfed for at least two or three months if not longer, things were really really slow back then. It was also combined with town ceremony which was stronger than it is now.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

princeofkabul wrote:aoe 3 qs days and games were pretty fun. unbalanced AF but entertaining games.
Re qs was very fun, no better feeling when you get a shit mu on a shit map with no second hunt or beginning mine and manage to win
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

Qs was good..
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

I guess it's only a matter of time the patch comes out. IMO they should revert spanish logistician and make SG instant gold delivery on your inventory, to encourage FF play and reduce age2 rush.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

gibson wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:aoe 3 qs days and games were pretty fun. unbalanced AF but entertaining games.
Re qs was very fun, no better feeling when you get a shit mu on a shit map with no second hunt or beginning mine and manage to win
I always thought that if the map spawn was decent (so having a starting hunt, mine, a second hunt and second mine nearby) that QS was pretty awesome. The sheer amount of ridiculous strats that you had to be prepared for was great.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

It was just a different, scrappier meta for a lot of reasons maps being a big one. Maybe DE team should be more active with qs map rotations, but then you'll see 33% Japan play rate (like on Legacy).

It's weird to call an old system good and diverse when one of the fourteen civs was picked 33% of the time.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

callentournies wrote:It was just a different, scrappier meta for a lot of reasons maps being a big one. Maybe DE team should be more active with qs map rotations, but then you'll see 33% Japan play rate (like on Legacy).

It's weird to call an old system good and diverse when one of the fourteen civs was picked 33% of the time.
im not talking about 2008..
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP