about the USA

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon
ESO: Yukietty

about the USA

Post by Yukietti »

I know USA is not very popular at the moment but the people that play it should know its too broken. When the USA first came out i thought it was weak but later i realised that tower spam is so broken like it costs same and its getting built faster its perfect for turtle plays and you should be able to punish turtle plays but you cant punish the USA i think it needs to be changed i dont know what you guys are thinking but its really annoying for me
You destroy one tower then your opponent builds again easily
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon

Re: about the USA

Post by Yukietti »

I dont understand how people can enjoy sitting in base for like 40 minutes
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

DE meta
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's dumb but clearly far from the main concerns atm
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon

Post by Yukietti »

Yeah for sure there are worse issues atm
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I think wagons shouldn't give xp. That would fix the random port 100xp buff and would nerf a bit the US wagon spam. Also I don't think you used to get xp from aging up with a tower wagon on legacy and it was just fine.
Ofc the bank wagon and capitol wagon, and possibly a couple others, should still grant xp
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Age of Empires Three: The Asian Dynasties, Definitive Edition, Tower Defense Expansion
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

good thing about aoe4 is semi-ff gang will completely disappear from the competitive scene once it's out. haha
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Well it's not super op or broken, but it probably should be tweaked. I think towers building at the speed as if 1-2 vils were building them would be good.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

I guess for china with hand mortars towers arent a concern, also with the advanced artillery card you can just mortar them down right?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

helln00 wrote:I guess for china with hand mortars towers arent a concern, also with the advanced artillery card you can just mortar them down right?
by the time you've sent advanced artillery and trained mortars you could also be in IV, so it feels a bit silly
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

harcha wrote:
helln00 wrote:I guess for china with hand mortars towers arent a concern, also with the advanced artillery card you can just mortar them down right?
by the time you've sent advanced artillery and trained mortars you could also be in IV, so it feels a bit silly
I mean you are still having to build the mortars once you get to age 4 anyway, so getting it a bit earlier could be worth the trade off. For civs with mortar cards to send in age 4, then probably go age 4, but for civ without mortars ( which I don't know which one actually).

Like I think just as china having 5 hand mortars when the US is trying to turtle up basically invalidate their defense.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

Yup it’s silly but in strict ‘power level’ terms it’s no more silly then certain other things that are meta and get used over and over and over while other things go unused in consequence. I kinda wanted towers to be more viable but not like this.

Keep in mind those wagons come from one building and towers are unviable otherwise. Mortars exist for all civs now, though granted captured mortars could be age iv instead but I don’t blame them for being cautious about that change.

Don’t be surprised if US becomes the new Sweden though.
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

It certainly can be. The wild west opening can prolong a game to plenty of minutes just staying age2 with comancheros running around kiting and demolishing any army. Tbh the extra range seems ridicolous for this civ.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

Peachrocks wrote:Yup it’s silly but in strict ‘power level’ terms it’s no more silly then certain other things that are meta and get used over and over and over while other things go unused in consequence. I kinda wanted towers to be more viable but not like this.

Keep in mind those wagons come from one building and towers are unviable otherwise. Mortars exist for all civs now, though granted captured mortars could be age iv instead but I don’t blame them for being cautious about that change.

Most native civs have decent anti-tower options, even in age 3 I think. Arrow knights and hurraca should act like hand mortars towards towers and huads have light cannons.

The only 2 civ which I think will really struggle is lakota and india.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

helln00 wrote:
Peachrocks wrote:Yup it’s silly but in strict ‘power level’ terms it’s no more silly then certain other things that are meta and get used over and over and over while other things go unused in consequence. I kinda wanted towers to be more viable but not like this.

Most native civs have decent anti-tower options, even in age 3 I think. Arrow knights and hurraca should act like hand mortars towards towers and huads have light cannons.

id say siege elephants > huaraca in pretty much any scenario, and I'd add japan to the list
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

dansil92 wrote:
helln00 wrote:

id say siege elephants > huaraca in pretty much any scenario, and I'd add japan to the list
japan can just go age 4 and send motaru though
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Post by PatrickLFC »

helln00 wrote:

Light cannons are age 4
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

PatrickLFC wrote:
helln00 wrote:

Light cannons are age 4
time for manlet and ram timing then
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

In order for tower defense to work you have to reach IV, ship advanced fortifications, and your opponent has to donate units to them. The investment to get there is a lot so you have a small mass, and the opponent gets free rein with siege units with more than 25 range.

The annoying part is that USA can kind of force this type of game, which isn't fun for most players. You just skip the majority of the game that is supposed to be action packed and fun and exciting to spam outpost wagons and forts while 6 TC booming with free vills and abusing late game militias and Magyar and bear flag. It really doesn't feel like an "RTS."

So if your opponent wants to play a fun RTS game in which there is dynamic play they will inevitably frustratingly lose. I can't really blame people for not FIing and spamming mortars and typing gg ez.

Aiz USA is way more exciting.
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

I mean different strokes for different folks but I kinda enjoy seeing how much this strats suffers from just 5 hand mortars and the US players struggle to counter it. and like dumb cheese strats are always a thing, its just that aoe3 cheese tends to be defensive while other game cheese tend to be offesive
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

it's a DE thing, not really aoe3 imho. one of those has been going on much longer than the other
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.