Predicting the next CIV's house

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.

Next house laming

Poll ended at 18 Jul 2021, 23:56

Factory house
13%
Unit provides pop
10%
Building can be built without vill around the house
4%
Mobile house
16%
Tower house
9%
House with healing power
3%
House with a special aura
9%
others
1%
Garja house
36%

Total votes: 70

Brazil DNLgibraltar
Skirmisher

Re: Predicting the next CIV's house

Post by DNLgibraltar »

Miyawaki Sakura wrote:
DNLgibraltar wrote:What is garja house?
I don't know why, but garja here means to abstain.

I know there's a big guy here named Garja. But I didn't get the joke ^_^
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

when in doubt vote for garja
Image Image Image
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

so good news their houses don't generate resources, the bad news, their monastery and churches do
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

helln00 wrote:so good news their houses don't generate resources, the bad news, their monastery and churches do
Still ok I think. Nobody really complains about banks.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Brazil DNLgibraltar
Skirmisher

Post by DNLgibraltar »

helln00 wrote:so good news their houses don't generate resources, the bad news, their monastery and churches do
:lol: :hmm:
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

They have to be crazy. After all the controversy with swe, they make another civ that is based into hidding vills to make constructions that gather res. Insane.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

wait till the civs actually come out before you make any of these claims. i suspect the mountain monastery's main role is as a tech research thing. i dont think its gold gather rate is very high, maybe something like 2 vills on gold, and you only get 2-3 of them it looks like.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

lemmings121 wrote:They have to be crazy. After all the controversy with swe, they make another civ that is based into hidding vills to make constructions that gather res. Insane.
you know that tribal marketplace was originally an age1 plantation right?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Squamiger wrote:wait till the civs actually come out before you make any of these claims. i suspect the mountain monastery's main role is as a tech research thing. i dont think its gold gather rate is very high, maybe something like 2 vills on gold, and you only get 2-3 of them it looks like.
And from what I seen cost 200 wood
Brazil DNLgibraltar
Skirmisher

Post by DNLgibraltar »

lemmings121 wrote:They have to be crazy. After all the controversy with swe, they make another civ that is based into hidding vills to make constructions that gather res. Insane.
According to what I've seen the gather rate is a secondary thing and it's not that impactful. But anyway:

Someone there in the development/balance team REALLY, and I MEAN REALLY loves these special effects for economy. I'm ok and happy they bypass the boundaries set by legacy from time to time to refresh AOE3, but its been across the board too much. Everything nowadays (USA, Sweden, Inca, Ethiopia, Hausa) is just free resources, shipments frenzy, cards with game defining effects, need of super duper peak effects and bonus (to make everything before that a reminiscence of past)...I kind of miss the old school vibe of Age of empires II that was omni present on Legacy and Warchiefs.

I think the design approach from Big Huge games to develop TAD was fundamental to refresh the game, but it's annoying Forgotten Empires used it as benchmark to develop all new civs instead of looking at the Europeans and Natives civs as core and then TAD civs as side model.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

No, this is completely wrong.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

yes, it is always more, always more complicated.

think about it: spains unique bonus is xp. par that with lancers/rods and THATS IT. this is classic power creep.
India iron_turtle
Skirmisher
ESO: iron_turtle

Post by iron_turtle »

It is a power creep, but I also understand why devs are doing it. It is marketed for the casual to semi competitive players. So a new civ with simple bonuses, (imagine germans but cav archers instead of uhlans or aztecs but explorer has siege boost aura) would be attractive to top players, because its not too different and would generally fit in the meta of age2+age3 16min games. Casual players would likely complain they made another copy of a civ.

Anyway, eventually meta will be defined for the civs, and 90% of the cards and buttons won't be used anyway. :p
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

harcha wrote:
you know that tribal marketplace was originally an age1 plantation right?
yea I was also in that beta. 25w age1 plantation with coin mine gather rate. God level game design.

I havent seen to much gameplay of the 2 new civs, but from what I've seen so far, they also dont seem possible to balance, so another 2 civs that will always be either op or useless.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

duckzilla wrote:Houses that have gardens attached which work as fast-gathering mills with 2 vill slots each. Civ cannot build usual mills.
Now that I think about it again, this could be a nice feature if Persians were ever to be added to the game. The house could be named pairi-daêza, referring to the old-iranian etymological root of paradise.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.