Units stop walking

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Units stop walking

Post by musketeer925 »

Anyone else experiencing where units that are told to go somewhere just stop walking like halfway there? Even units rallying out of a barracks will do it sometimes.

This bug is really annoying.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Units stop walking

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Last patch there has been a change in that units ordered to attack something specific will immediately completely stop if their target dies.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

musketeer925 wrote:Anyone else experiencing where units that are told to go somewhere just stop walking like halfway there? Even units rallying out of a barracks will do it sometimes.

it does it to me all the time, in fact it's when I do my hotkey to select all my units like musk and then I do a zmove with them, and those who are on their way who have just left the barracks just stop to walk lol
Image Image
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Last patch there has been a change in that units ordered to attack something specific will immediately completely stop if their target dies.
I'm almost sure I've seen units rallied out of a production building do it, I don't think I had the building rallied to a enemy unit/building?

Not totally sure, need to go back and check recs when it happens.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

It was to stop the units surrounding hero bug but this bug is just way more impactful. I think it has been reported
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Probably the worst bug the game currently has
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

Hazza54321 wrote:It was to stop the units surrounding hero bug but this bug is just way more impactful. I think it has been reported
actually this bug is still here xD
Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Unit control is just so fucked up in so many ways
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

oh so its not just that i cant micro its an actual bug. good to know
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Noticed that one too and yeah I believe it's when the targeted enemy unit dies that tasked units just stop. Very silly.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

I appreciate that they're trying to fix unit control, it undoubtedly has always had lots of problems.

It's just disappointing they haven't really reached parity with legacy yet.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

aligator92 wrote:Probably the worst bug the game currently has
Shift click is more annoying to me because it seems to only work when you are looking at the action. If you shift click and move the camera away the action often doesn't happen. So it's either a house, a trading post or a military building that is not built untill you discover it.
The new timeshift lag is also extremely annoying. Back in the day the game would just slow down and become unresponsive, now it timeshifts you 5 second later when the events already happened. Off course it lags in big fights where you are supposed to micro and the game doesn't allow you to micro for 4-5 seconds.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

some quick testing: attack moving both melee units and ranged units simultaneously produces the worst results. the ranged units fire and knock out the front line and any cavalry or melee inf grouped in that was charging toward those unfortunate victims of the front line immediately stop in place. the workaround so far is you have to attack move your ranged units first and entirely seperately, then move your cavalry into position and attack move. this is awesome
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Yeah this gotta be fixed asap because you're not microing your units fighting, instead you're making sure your reinforcements come into the fight
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

yurashic wrote:
Shift click is more annoying to me because it seems to only work when you are looking at the action. If you shift click and move the camera away the action often doesn't happen. So it's either a house, a trading post or a military building that is not built untill you discover it.
The new timeshift lag is also extremely annoying. Back in the day the game would just slow down and become unresponsive, now it timeshifts you 5 second later when the events already happened. Off course it lags in big fights where you are supposed to micro and the game doesn't allow you to micro for 4-5 seconds.

the lag workaround is perfect since it only affects the player lagging. if you have shitty connection YOU suffer and not both of you.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

yurashic wrote:
Fair enough. The amount of unbuild houses and unfinished TPs is scary
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

yemshi wrote:
yurashic wrote:

the lag workaround is perfect since it only affects the player lagging. if you have shitty connection YOU suffer and not both of you.
Interesting. I should get better internet then.
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher
ESO: CR_Joops

Post by CR_Joops »

Yeah this bug is so bloody annoying. A fight ends and half your supporting army has just stopped halfway in the middle of the map somewhere.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Fun because i was thinking it was a new feature added with the same logic as USA. So it's a bug.
Canada klonko
Skirmisher
ESO: klonko

Post by klonko »

kevinitalien wrote:
musketeer925 wrote:Anyone else experiencing where units that are told to go somewhere just stop walking like halfway there? Even units rallying out of a barracks will do it sometimes.

it does it to me all the time, in fact it's when I do my hotkey to select all my units like musk and then I do a zmove with them, and those who are on their way who have just left the barracks just stop to walk lol
Double clicking on unit seems to now select all units of the type, which if ordered to attack is gonna kill a unit and all rallying units to kill this units will stop unless tasked otherwise.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

klonko wrote: Double clicking on unit seems to now select all units of the type
It depend, sometime it happend, and when it happend one time, it will happend all the time after.
Slovenia Javon
Musketeer

Post by Javon »

Pretty sure this isn't a bug, it was done intentionally I believe. So this could be reverted if people asked for it on the official forums (which they might have, haven't checked), but looks like this unit behaviour works exactly as intended since the latest patch. The way to correct for new unit behaviour would be to just rally units to a spot on the map/ground and not right click or attack move an enemy unit, but that would mean unlearning years of instinctive commands made by the players. When you are aware of this behaviour and it being intentional you learn to play around it quickly most of the time.
Attachments
Attack move.jpg
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

This "Fix" looks like a new bug lol. You'll always have to right click the ground instead of units; if not, they just stay at home.
Dozens of micro bugs make musketeer civs more lame: they don't micro.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

yeah I reported this on the forum a while back, i think they are debating whether this is a good thing or not.

It makes attacking moving incredibly tedious so maybe and a "fix" has been suggested in just setting all the units to attack move mode instead of just stopping them or the stop has to be very short.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

oof i hate this new information. give me my braindead cannon fodder back