Minor civilizations Tier List Maker

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Minor civilizations Tier List Maker

Post by EliteRifleman »

Hi!
I wanted to consult, what are your opinions regarding minor civilizations? (I see that they are used very little), for this, I have created this tier list.

https://tiermaker.com/create/age-of-emp ... ns-1132134
minor.tier.list.PNG
This is my humble opinion.
(Lakota, Iroques and Azteca is pretty useless, but they keep showing up in campaigns, so add them anyway)
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Re: Minor civilizations Tier List Maker

Post by dansil92 »

notes: theres a few that shift around lots. seminole is insane on brits, japan, aztec, absolutely worthless for civs like dutch or india.
Mapuche is kinda decent for the coin crate timing or a rush but not a good midgame ally.
Udasi. low siege gren, yuck. at least they arent HI anymore...
Sufi, expensive unit. probably decent for aztec and no one else. fattened goat tech is like "nice" but thats as far as it goes.
Huron for the fishing tech. Cheyenne for the bison. Navajo has a busted unit amd very good techs (especially for japan).
Zen, i like sohei, they're good units, but its not really worth building a trading post for them. the techs arent exactly great either for 1v1.
Cherokee and Klamath exactly hit the middle ground settlements for me. a moderately overpriced unit that does its job well, a decent tech and some lategame techs.
Shaolin is king. cheap wood tech, massive melee buff to musketeers, a really dangerous unit and a crazy 50% dmg tech for said unit.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

I don't even know what half the nats do
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Slovenia Javon
Musketeer

Post by Javon »

Yep, a list overview of minor civs and which "major" civs they synergize with the best (because of techs, possibly units) would be great. BTW if you click on TP socket and hold ALT key it shows you what units and upgrades a native offers if you build a TP, so it's nice to check it out in the middle of the game.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I think Sufi is a bit situational, but can be great, e.g. for Dutch or Japan who should both get +10 vill limit. What's the benefit of Nootka? I usually hate seeing their TPs.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Great Britain andrewgs
Musketeer

Post by andrewgs »

The wiki pages are quite good for viewing the native techs.

You can have some fun playing spain and doing logistician and sending native lore to get expensive upgrades early. An early 50% att or hp buff on rattans or tiger claws makes them stronger than people expect.

State militia + pike or goon is quite fun too. I always wanted to get to stealthy apache raiders with the villager multiplier, but never got to age 3 :< For some reason the USA native shipments are affected by native post techs, whereas other civ's shipments aren't

One highlight of my games was seiging a factory with seminole archers.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

dansil92 wrote:Image

notes: theres a few that shift around lots. seminole is insane on brits, japan, aztec, absolutely worthless for civs like dutch or india.
Mapuche is kinda decent for the coin crate timing or a rush but not a good midgame ally.
Udasi. low siege gren, yuck. at least they arent HI anymore...
Sufi, expensive unit. probably decent for aztec and no one else. fattened goat tech is like "nice" but thats as far as it goes.
Huron for the fishing tech. Cheyenne for the bison. Navajo has a busted unit amd very good techs (especially for japan).
Zen, i like sohei, they're good units, but its not really worth building a trading post for them. the techs arent exactly great either for 1v1.
Cherokee and Klamath exactly hit the middle ground settlements for me. a moderately overpriced unit that does its job well, a decent tech and some lategame techs.
Shaolin is king. cheap wood tech, massive melee buff to musketeers, a really dangerous unit and a crazy 50% dmg tech for said unit.
This is pretty accurate, but vanilla Lakota are S tier because of dog soldier big button and hunts. Comanche also S tier because of 2 strong cav upgrades. Huron are higher because of the cheap fishing upgrade. Udasi and Sufi have gathering upgrades so they are not terrible. Vanilla Iroquois have 10% ranged infantry attack which also makes them not terrible.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

duckzilla wrote:I think Sufi is a bit situational, but can be great, e.g. for Dutch or Japan who should both get +10 vill limit. What's the benefit of Nootka? I usually hate seeing their TPs.
nootka are a very tanky unit with good siege, the nootka chief is an insane unit and the vill hp tech is 100% busted for france, and very good for everyone else. As for sufi they're a very expensive powerful unit. they're very "good" units but having to invest 200w into a build limit of 7(?) is pretty rough ngl. the techs for almost all nats are good in lategame but my ranking was aimed for 1v1 sup, where 10 vills to dutch shouldn't ever really come into play
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

Apaches are literally the best thing that could happen in a Sweden game.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon

Post by EliteRifleman »

I expected the Cree higher up, not just because of CBS, but the cree tricker is an insane unit in the second age. And it has a couple of very useful improvements.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

i tried making a tier list but i cant tell which natives are which based on the pictures
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon

Post by EliteRifleman »

my-image (4).png
Update images to include native Africans. In my humble opinion, the Yorubas are broken in every aspect and sense.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon

Post by EliteRifleman »

https://tiermaker.com/create/age-of-emp ... ns-1132134

Update the tier list, with the new real houses.
NOTE: The image is an example, I did it randomly xD