Public Update Preview - August Update

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Turkey abusjan
Crossbow

Yd: Genel Güncelleştirme Önizlemesi - Ağustos Güncellemesi

Post by abusjan »

Otto starts with 400 woods. In that case, destroying the mosque is a terrible idea. What will he do if there is no TP? It was bad on maps without tp anyway. Otto needs a buff. They do nerfs. Absurd. I hope they fix it by August.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Re: Public Update Preview - August Update

Post by dansil92 »

helln00 wrote:welp otto got nerfed...mosque is age 2 in the beta
where can i go to complain loudly about this
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

So you can play with the African maps which is fun, I have been trying to get a map with a native spawn to try them out and just from the one I saw, this can be insanse lol.
Picture1.png
Basically a slow moving Svea lifeguard Carolean in age 2, the native rushes will be insanse

Picture2.png
A militia type unit, loses HP but trainable like mercs in AOM, look at those stats lol, its basically immune to damage, I can smell china temple of heaven cheese

They also have a tech which duplicate all of the existing units from this native, so if you maxxed out on them u can double it and just steamroll shit
Picture3.png
For Kynesie, because walls
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

helln00 wrote:So you can play with the African maps which is fun, I have been trying to get a map with a native spawn to try them out and just from the one I saw, this can be insanse lol.
Picture1.png
Basically a slow moving Svea lifeguard Carolean in age 2, the native rushes will be insanse

Picture2.png
A militia type unit, loses HP but trainable like mercs in AOM, look at those stats lol, its basically immune to damage, I can smell china temple of heaven cheese

They also have a tech which duplicate all of the existing units from this native, so if you maxxed out on them u can double it and just steamroll shit
Picture3.png
For Kynesie, because walls
''ESO'' rider, such a good tribute

Turkey abusjan
Crossbow

Post by abusjan »

dansil92 wrote:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/933110/d ... 628924307/
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Lots of good changes in this, looks great. The new maps look really nice too, something to be excited for.

Very curious, seems like we're getting balance changes in this patch, but no mention of them in the notes. Hopefully we can look at Sweden, Ports and Logistician?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

iNcog wrote:Lots of good changes in this, looks great. The new maps look really nice too, something to be excited for.

Very curious, seems like we're getting balance changes in this patch, but no mention of them in the notes. Hopefully we can look at Sweden, Ports and Logistician?
I think the balance notes arent finalised but there are lots of changes in the game, and yes sweden ports and spain heavily nerfed, widgie did a brief vid But i may try and go for a more detailed look into it
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
iNcog wrote:Lots of good changes in this, looks great. The new maps look really nice too, something to be excited for.

I think the balance notes arent finalised but there are lots of changes in the game, and yes sweden ports and spain heavily nerfed, widgie did a brief vid But i may try and go for a more detailed look into it
Thank god, was sorely needed.

Edit, here is the video for those who wondered:

Um, 260f Russian villagers. 15% Ashigaru HP (which card was this even? or do they mean attack?)

lol interesting
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Gatling camels go brr brr

United States of America openwindowmaniac
Crossbow
ESO: graphmal

Post by openwindowmaniac »

-5 wood cost for tomahawks
That’s good!
-5% rr for musket riders
:cry:
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

so one of the new native tech is interesting, the Berbers allows you to train a camel which builds a salt mine for 200 wood with a build limit of 1. Each salt mine is 10k coin. I mean forget map control, one of these bad boys and 20 vils on coin, maybe with silversmith and you are basically set for the rest of the game and when you run out u can just build another one.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

where are you all seeing the civ balance changes
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

dansil92 wrote:
no need :)
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

Squamiger wrote:where are you all seeing the civ balance changes
basically play the beta and note the changes, I can report that so far I dont think anything changed for china.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

helln00 wrote:so one of the new native tech is interesting, the Berbers allows you to train a camel which builds a salt mine for 200 wood with a build limit of 1. Each salt mine is 10k coin. I mean forget map control, one of these bad boys and 20 vils on coin, maybe with silversmith and you are basically set for the rest of the game and when you run out u can just build another one.
Another spicy one is Yoruba twins.

150 of each resource and every native from that alliance duplicates itself.
Garja wrote:
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

iNcog wrote:
helln00 wrote:so one of the new native tech is interesting, the Berbers allows you to train a camel which builds a salt mine for 200 wood with a build limit of 1. Each salt mine is 10k coin. I mean forget map control, one of these bad boys and 20 vils on coin, maybe with silversmith and you are basically set for the rest of the game and when you run out u can just build another one.
Another spicy one is Yoruba twins.

150 of each resource and every native from that alliance duplicates itself.
Yeah that one is great considering the Legionary is basically svea lifeguard caroleans
United States of America Seamonk
Musketeer

Post by Seamonk »

Sneaky Aztec nerfs (9 mace, 8 mace, 5 coyote) are not reversed. The wall visual bug seems to be fixed though!
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Seamonk wrote:Sneaky Aztec nerfs (9 mace, 8 mace, 5 coyote) are not reversed. The wall visual bug seems to be fixed though!
People should complain in the PUP forums. That's the only way they will revert these unnecessary changes.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I love this. Mostly because of the history of Taoudenni and Taghaza, which were incredibly valuable salt mines in Berber territory. Really nice.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
United States of America Seamonk
Musketeer

Post by Seamonk »

aaryngend wrote:
Seamonk wrote:Sneaky Aztec nerfs (9 mace, 8 mace, 5 coyote) are not reversed. The wall visual bug seems to be fixed though!
People should complain in the PUP forums. That's the only way they will revert these unnecessary changes.
Balance changes in PUP is probably an abuse of its intended purpose. I'm going to refrain from doing that, but go for it if you think its the right thing to do. I fear we'll get a lot of weird an inappropriate balance changes that will drown out the actual technical problems with the update. I can very easily see spamming for trainable spahis and other common, but not going to happen, requests gumming up the works.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Seamonk wrote:
aaryngend wrote:
Balance changes in PUP is probably an abuse of its intended purpose. I'm going to refrain from doing that, but go for it if you think its the right thing to do. I fear we'll get a lot of weird an inappropriate balance changes that will drown out the actual technical problems with the update. I can very easily see spamming for trainable spahis and other common, but not going to happen, requests gumming up the works.
It would just be one suggested change instead of spamming.
We all know that the job of volunteer testers in the PUP is to report any bugs you encounter, preferably with a step-by-step reproduction instruction.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

How we can access to the balance patch note??
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

duckzilla wrote:Doesn't that heavily nerf otto on no-tp/no-water maps, where they are weak already anyway? What are you supposed to do with all the starting wood then?
Build four houses to expedite the 3v shipment which provide housing for the 700f 2 rax Jan rush.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Brazil xitaxuta
Crossbow
ESO: xitaxuta

Post by xitaxuta »

callentournies wrote:
duckzilla wrote:Doesn't that heavily nerf otto on no-tp/no-water maps, where they are weak already anyway? What are you supposed to do with all the starting wood then?
Build four houses to expediate the 3v shipment which provide housing for the 700f 2 rax Jan rush.
wow what a great idea!! that's a exemptional well designed civ.. they can get 4 houses in age1? thats next level stuff :maniac: looking foward to that! NOT
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

xitaxuta wrote:
callentournies wrote:
Build four houses to expediate the 3v shipment which provide housing for the 700f 2 rax Jan rush.
wow what a great idea!! that's a exemptional well designed civ.. they can get 4 houses in age1? thats next level stuff :maniac: looking foward to that! NOT
don't worry, the houses will trickle xp now /s