Kaiserklein is Back!!

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Re: Kaiserklein is Back!!

Post by InsectPoison »

@Kaiserklein can you post a link to the PC you bought
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Its also possible he bought all in one desktop which are also bit expensive. Found this one from dell France which is ~1400$ after discount and comes with 2 gb vram, 16gb ram and i7.

https://www.dell.com/fr-fr/shop/ordinat ... o/cd770007

Though alienware with 1650 is also available for similar price
https://www.dell.com/fr-fr/shop/gaming- ... p/dawr1201
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Dell is a well known day light robber in the pre-built space i think so thats a bad sign
Netherlands Pedrownage
Crossbow
ESO: Pedro1989

Post by Pedrownage »

Yea you have to be very careful when buying pre-built, check out some videos of GamerNexus or Dawiddoestechstuff they do reviews on pre-built systems from multiple brands including Dell/Alienware. Best case scenario is that they are just a bit overpriced, worst case you are getting an actual shitty PC for way too much money.

Personally I have a Ryzen 5 3600, RX5700 XT, 16GB Ram, Definitive Edition runs super smooth. AoE4 should be even smoother if we can believe the required specs. You should be able to get a more than capable system for EUR1000 imo, especially when GPU prices go down a bit more.
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Post by Cleters »

Literally every prebuilt gaming pc starting at 800€ should run AO3 + AO4 smooth, not sure if you can stream at the same time on the other hand. If you have 1400€ to use, you'll find it pretty easily.

+ You can usually choose if it's assembled or not, this way you can keep some euros, or not if like me you like the easy way. :P

But just don't go for a laptop if you can, neither for an office pc, that usually lack good graphic card even if they're expensive.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

please someone just search and fine a good gaming laptop for kaiser or something. i run the game just fine on an ASUS laptop with an rtx 2070 that I got for around 1100, im astounded that a 1400 euro comp wouldnt play de unless France just has super inflated prices
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Turn this thread into one where we find Kaiser a laptop that will run DE and stream for less than 1400 euro
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Retired Contributor

Pretty easy tbh
Germany Oliveza
Pro Player
ESO: Oliveza

Post by Oliveza »

https://www.csl-computer.com/pc-systeme ... -4000.html
<-- prebuild with rtx3070ti and ryzen 5 3600 for 1,4k (german website tho)
You should defo be able to find an equivalent pc in france.
:mds: > BIGS
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

princeofcarthage wrote:Pretty easy tbh
Yea, basically any modern gaming laptop can, for far less than 1400£
France Syphax
Crossbow

Post by Syphax »

Depend what kind of laptop you buy.
For 1400€ you can get a super light laptop, low battery consumption but shitty graphic chipset.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Thing is I had just 1 day to get a laptop. I went to the store during my work hours and tried to find something quickly. The only comp that seemed decent was that dell, so I went for it, knowing I could get a refund if it was shit. Also that comp was already returned once so it was in some weird package which didn't have all of the specs. So yeah turns out it was just shit
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Ah it was a Dell, Dell strikes again, somebody notify Gamers Nexus
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Well its not like what he bought was a bad deal per say, he just didnt buy a gaming pc.
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

get a gaming specific laptop, thats what i have, it plays aoe3 de fine and i can stream as well
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Squamiger wrote:get a gaming specific laptop, thats what i have, it plays aoe3 de fine and i can stream as well
What comp you have? i have a gaming laptop but streaming + DE is not possible
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

chronique wrote:
Squamiger wrote:get a gaming specific laptop, thats what i have, it plays aoe3 de fine and i can stream as well
ASUS laptop, bought in 2020, 16gb ram, 14 inch screen (i play with a monitor attached), gpu is an rtx 2070. I think it goes for about $1400 normally, but I got it on sale for $1100.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Squamiger wrote:
chronique wrote:
ASUS laptop, bought in 2020, 16gb ram, 14 inch screen (i play with a monitor attached), gpu is an rtx 2070. I think it goes for about $1400 normally, but I got it on sale for $1100.
maybe link the specific model, if that is okay with you? :) ?
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Don't use laptops for gaming and streaming. Laptops are shit.
Unless they're some of those huge spaceship-looking ones that have enough vents and the chassis is big enough to fit more powerful components, they're all useless for gaming.

t. someone who used a laptop as a main driver for years. never going back
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

iNcog wrote:
Squamiger wrote:
Show hidden quotes
this one: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-z ... Id=6403816

its actually not even 2070, its 2060. runs very well. I looked into desktops and while a desktop is probably better in the long run because you can upgrade individual parts, everything I found with similar specs basically cost the same as this laptop. yes it runs a little hot, but I bought a 20 dollar cooling fan pad on amazon which works well + a cheap mechanical keyboard and a mouse. and I have a 60 fps, 24 inch monitor which works great. i like it because I can move around with it easily.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Not bad for a laptop, not bad at all. Thanks for sharing
Garja wrote:
Germany Oliveza
Pro Player

Post by Oliveza »

Squamiger wrote:
iNcog wrote:
Show hidden quotes

its actually not even 2070, its 2060. runs very well. I looked into desktops and while a desktop is probably better in the long run because you can upgrade individual parts, everything I found with similar specs basically cost the same as this laptop. yes it runs a little hot, but I bought a 20 dollar cooling fan pad on amazon which works well + a cheap mechanical keyboard and a mouse. and I have a 60 fps, 24 inch monitor which works great. i like it because I can move around with it easily.
The thing is you cant compare for example a 2060 form a laptop with a 2060 you´d put in a desktop. laptop equivalent gpus are worse in performance (less clockspeed, less shader etc. bcs they need to keep power consumtion and heat low)
Germany Oliveza
Pro Player

Post by Oliveza »

princeofcarthage wrote:2060 is 2060 in laptop or desktop, earlier gpus used to have M classification for mobile aka laptop gpus like 970M, don't think there are worse gpus for laptop since 1000 series.
no
Retired Contributor

Oliveza wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:2060 is 2060 in laptop or desktop, earlier gpus used to have M classification for mobile aka laptop gpus like 970M, don't think there are worse gpus for laptop since 1000 series.
no
Which is why I deleted the post after realizing the mistake... anyways, yes the graphic card is virtually same, its only frequency locked to reduce power.
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

Oliveza wrote:
Squamiger wrote:
Show hidden quotes

The thing is you cant compare for example a 2060 form a laptop with a 2060 you´d put in a desktop. laptop equivalent gpus are worse in performance (less clockspeed, less shader etc. bcs they need to keep power consumtion and heat low)
true enough, but it plays DE on medium/high settings and lets me stream (subscribe for top secret dansil strats and other squantent) and I can carry it to work and when i travel, so I'm happy with it. and it's considerably cheaper than whatever Kaiser bought. @Kaiserklein just get this one, if you don't mind also getting a monitor