Kaiserklein is Back!!

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Germany Oliveza
Pro Player
ESO: Oliveza

Re: Kaiserklein is Back!!

Post by Oliveza »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Oliveza wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:2060 is 2060 in laptop or desktop, earlier gpus used to have M classification for mobile aka laptop gpus like 970M, don't think there are worse gpus for laptop since 1000 series.
no
Which is why I deleted the post after realizing the mistake... anyways, yes the graphic card is virtually same, its only frequency locked to reduce power.
no
:mds: > BIGS
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Oliveza wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Which is why I deleted the post after realizing the mistake... anyways, yes the graphic card is virtually same, its only frequency locked to reduce power.
no
I clearly mentioned 2060 why are you showing me the 3000 series?
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

No I'm just getting a laptop
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

We want you back Kaiser :(
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

Kaiserklein wrote:No I'm just getting a laptop
Please get a monitor with a PC, laptops are always problematic :(
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

we miss you @Kaiserklein !
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Stop it I'm gonna blush :love:
LazarosVas wrote:
Please get a monitor with a PC, laptops are always problematic :(
No way, I don't want to dedicate some space at my place for a comp, and I want to be able to move with my comp
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Kaiserklein wrote:
helln00 wrote:how shitty could the comp have been to not be able to play? it sorta worked on his old laptop and that was even shittier
I was able to play with it. But it was overheating, wasn't 100% smooth, and I couldn't stream at the same time. The comp was good but not for gaming I think. For 1400€ I really didn't want to keep it.
Also btw my old laptop couldn't run DE. I was actually playing on a high end notebook from my work.
LazarosVas wrote:what specs did you buy then refunded the PC Kaiser?
I think it was 16 gb ram, 2 gb vram, latest i7 graphic card
Not sure whether that's a funny or sad fact, but I bought a laptop with 16GB RAM / 2GB VRAM GPU / i7 CPU for 1170€ ... in 2014.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

That was a gaming pc, what kaiser bought wasn't a gaming pc. It's pretty easy to find non gaming laptops in that price range with no dedicated graphics cards(or very underpowered ones, since gaming isn't the purpose).
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

get the one that i linked, its a good deal imo, unless theres something like it thats even a better deal now that its 2021
India iron_turtle
Skirmisher
ESO: iron_turtle

Post by iron_turtle »

Get the newer ones with 30 series GPU if it is in your budget. Some of my recommendations:
https://www.hp.com/in-en/shop/laptops/p ... 218pa.html
https://www.dell.com/en-in/shop/laptops ... 780001win8
https://in.store.asus.com/rog/90nr0571- ... 311ts.html

They should be around 1400usd.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

With laptops, for the same amount of money you pay you get less performance than a desktop. That's because laptops need a special version of the same GPU model which is mobile and slimmer. That costs more than the desktop equivalent and it's worse because of worse thermals.

I mean the component itself might be rated to have similar specs as the desktop version, but if you put it into a hotbox like a laptop, it's gonna be throttled to shit, since all laptops are plastic sandwiches. They sacrifice performance for the sake of mobility, of having everything nicely packed into the smallest space.

So really, laptops are just useful for reading spreadsheets and websites. But if you look on Twitch at any streamer or pro player, there's nobody playing and streaming on laptops. And that's for a good reason.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Dolan wrote:
I mean the component itself might be rated to have similar specs as the desktop version, but if you put it into a hotbox like a laptop, it's gonna be throttled to shit
This is why you need to use a bowl of ice cream to cool the laptop down as you play
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Had a friend on gameranger whose microphone components would robot unless he played with an icepck on his laptop
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Icetop
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Dolan wrote:
I mean the component itself might be rated to have similar specs as the desktop version, but if you put it into a hotbox like a laptop, it's gonna be throttled to shit
This is why you need to use a bowl of ice cream to cool the laptop down as you play
Or just put the laptop in the fridge
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

I am surprised someone hasnt come up with a kettle connected to a water cool loop yet, it can make tea
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

Dolan wrote:With laptops, for the same amount of money you pay you get less performance than a desktop. That's because laptops need a special version of the same GPU model which is mobile and slimmer. That costs more than the desktop equivalent and it's worse because of worse thermals.

I mean the component itself might be rated to have similar specs as the desktop version, but if you put it into a hotbox like a laptop, it's gonna be throttled to shit, since all laptops are plastic sandwiches. They sacrifice performance for the sake of mobility, of having everything nicely packed into the smallest space.

So really, laptops are just useful for reading spreadsheets and websites. But if you look on Twitch at any streamer or pro player, there's nobody playing and streaming on laptops. And that's for a good reason.
i mean kaiser used to stream on his laptop all the time
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

callentournies wrote:Had a friend on gameranger whose microphone components would robot unless he played with an icepck on his laptop
ive done this too before i got my cooling fan pad
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Squamiger wrote:
Dolan wrote:With laptops, for the same amount of money you pay you get less performance than a desktop. That's because laptops need a special version of the same GPU model which is mobile and slimmer. That costs more than the desktop equivalent and it's worse because of worse thermals.

i mean kaiser used to stream on his laptop all the time
Until the laptop showed what it's capable of if you try to both game and stream: it got superhot and throttled, which made the game run less smooth.
When components overheat, the motherboard will just choke the power supply until they cool down. It basically drops power usage by force which will show up as a drop in performance.
No Flag Kanoo
Skirmisher

Post by Kanoo »

What happens if you disable intel turbo boost? I've found it brings down the temperatures considerably. Does it help with that?
thebritish wrote:
19 Jan 2016, 09:58
So, you are saying that if i watch H20's rec, i can beat anyone below H20's level because i know his BO?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Kanoo wrote:What happens if you disable intel turbo boost? I've found it brings down the temperatures considerably. Does it help with that?
it brings down temps and noise in exchange for significantly losing short term performance
@helln00 there isn't enough temp headroom to reasonably work as a kettle. even if you could make it work it would be slow as hell
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Post by Cleters »

At the end it's everyone's choice.

When you get a laptop, you know you get less performance for the price, and that your pc will live only half the time a real pc would work.
But yeah, it takes less place and you can move easily with it.

Just don't buy a semi-working laptop that will barely make run te game, or you will be frustrated for a long time.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Cleters wrote:At the end it's everyone's choice.

When you get a laptop, you know you get less performance for the price, and that your pc will live only half the time a real pc would work.
But yeah, it takes less place and you can move easily with it.

Just don't buy a semi-working laptop that will barely make run te game, or you will be frustrated for a long time.
yeah I learned that lesson with my last laptop before I learned about the market, it was slightly cheaper but ended up not being able to even run a 3ds emulator