ESOC 3v3 Rated?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France iNcog
Ninja

ESOC 3v3 Rated?

Post by iNcog »

I don't care for playing 3v3 random per se, but I did enjoy watching streams of it back in the day. I know many people enjoyed playing and watching it as well. Tibia, you are loved.

Currently DE's online platform is not conducive to this format, as has been pointed out by many before. There aren't rated lobby games and you can't see which of your friends is online currently (absolute trash tbh).

I understand that ESOC's replay functionality does allow to detect the winners of a replay.

My pitch is this:

Have a little lobby, hosted on ESOC itself, where forum users can link a steam account. Once 6 players are ready in the lobby, start the game automatically, voobly style. Everyone gets sent to an actual online lobby to play out the game. Once the game end, someone (the host?) has the replay uploaded to ESOC automatically. The game gets rated on ESOC's 3v3 random ladder.

Already, I can see issues with the technical aspect of it. I'm not sure if this can be done on the website itself, nor that any of ESOC's resources should be devoted to the development of this. Furthermore, whereas I think there is a demand for 3V3 random lobby style, I don't know that this pitch fundamentally addresses it. Maybe it does? It seems a bit convoluted, to have to hang out on an ESOC lobby, to then go to steam/AOE and the back to ESOC.

Frankly, I actually closed the tab while writing this up because I don't overly believe in this idea, but I figured that there is no harm in just discussing the idea. I know that 3v3 random was an enjoyable format for many, especially the higher level players.

I suggested trying to develop this on the website itself as opposed to having it on a third party program for simplicity. Then again, ESOC did develop the most excellent patch launcher.

I also think this is more on the devs to do something about than ESOC, which is another reason I almost didn't post the thread. But again, no reason not to at least discuss things.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Re: ESOC 3v3 Rated?

Post by callentournies »

If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

Your proposal seems really complicated considering the best solution would be for the devs to fix what they broke in the first place... But what most team players these days are doing is using Discord to find people to queue with. Otherwise you get paired with people a third of your team ELO who call you racial slurs while you attempt to carry 1 vs 3.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

callentournies wrote:@JaiLeD
disappointing to see dj spin go the way of the horse and carriage despite DEs integrated random civ feature
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

AoE4 is out in 2-3 months.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag JaiLeD
Crossbow
ESO: JaiLeD

Post by JaiLeD »

Would you guys want me to start a DE DJ Spin in the casual lobby? Wondering how many would actually enjoy that?
Turkey cezzarmert
Crossbow
ESO: Cezz Mert

Post by cezzarmert »

JaiLeD wrote:Would you guys want me to start a DE DJ Spin in the casual lobby? Wondering how many would actually enjoy that?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

JaiLeD wrote:Would you guys want me to start a DE DJ Spin in the casual lobby? Wondering how many would actually enjoy that?
mad cuz bad
No Flag uberjz
Dragoon
ESO: WoodPusher

Post by uberjz »

i would kill for some EP DE DJ Spin (tbh ngl imo)
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Yeah man, get that shit going. The demand is there!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag JaiLeD
Crossbow
ESO: JaiLeD

Post by JaiLeD »

Ok, tomorrow night I'll start it. Gonna have to be after my kids go to bed though. 8:30 or 9pm CST.