Possibility to veto maps in ranked like AoE2.

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag Adribird
Musketeer
Clan: ArC

Possibility to veto maps in ranked like AoE2.

Post by Adribird »

This topic will also be published in the official forum, but I would like to know what you think of the idea.

The truth is that it is not comfortable to have an unfavorable MU and on top of that you are on an unfavorable map.

It is true that that would delay the search a bit, but that would favor that, even if you do not have a good MU, you have an acceptable map to play.

What is your opinion?

P.D: As an alternative option, let the map that will come out 30 seconds before be known to choose another civilization.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

@kaist2rock

European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Re: Possibility to veto maps in ranked like AoE2.

Post by aaryngend »

I agree but only with a low amount of vetos. Like 2 maps. Else it can be abused too hard. Few people are queueing and having things like 4 or 5 vetos would lead to easy abuse and very long queue times.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

deleted_user wrote:@Kaiserklein @Hazza54321
Don't bait.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

aaryngend wrote:I agree but only with a low amount of vetos. Like 2 maps. Else it can be abused too hard. Few people are queueing and having things like 4 or 5 vetos would lead to easy abuse and very long queue times.
You can solve the issue by having last min vetoes. Like matchmaking matches players based on whatever parameters it has, it then takes player to a window something like games starting in 30 sec. Pls veto your maps. At this point opponent identity and civ is still hidden. Once maps are vetoed apart from those 4 maps any map is selected and then game commences
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

I think it would be a nice thing if it was implemented in a non-jarring way. Unfortunately I think that matchmaking already takes too long, it would be nice to somehow reduce this time.
chris1089 wrote:
Don't bait.
If you recognize that he is violating the rules then why don't you take any action. It's not like he hasn't been warned before.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

chris1089 wrote:
Don't bait.
Since when mentioning is considered to be bait? I Just did what ESO-C Admin has done here. viewtopic.php?p=547972#p547867

If the contradictions are real...
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

I thought that that thread was genuine.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag Adribird
Musketeer

Post by Adribird »

aaryngend wrote:I agree but only with a low amount of vetos. Like 2 maps. Else it can be abused too hard. Few people are queueing and having things like 4 or 5 vetos would lead to easy abuse and very long queue times.
3 vetos (like AoE2) can be a great number. I understand your point.
No Flag Adribird
Musketeer

Post by Adribird »

@harcha If you don't like the veto system for the search time, unless the map is known 30 seconds before and it is allowed to change civilization. There are many ways to better balance fighting.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I don't see how it increases search time. When you queue you set game mode, civ and vetos (there should be a default option of no veto) and then queue. The system can match players like it always did, collect the vetos and pick a map from the remaining pool. This operation takes no time