iro

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Finland somp
Dragoon

iro

Post by somp »

You cant convert guardians. You cant 1-shot them either. You need some shitty tribal mines. Idk if its just me but winning age 1 is a massive part of the civ and it just seems quite horse shit now lol

DLC "Warchiefs" but your fucking warchief is one of the worst age 1 heros

But I am happy they removed historical unaccurate things like guardian convert. Much more realistic is make lamas dance for you which creates shit.
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Re: iro

Post by PatrickLFC »

You can still crackshot them, it's a separate ability to the area damage one
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

PatrickLFC wrote:You can still crackshot them, it's a separate ability to the area damage one
It does almost zero damage to guardians. You cant take i.e 2 Grizzly treasure anymore.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

somp wrote:
PatrickLFC wrote:You can still crackshot them, it's a separate ability to the area damage one
It does almost zero damage to guardians. You cant take i.e 2 Grizzly treasure anymore.
The new crackshot works the exact same as nilla explorers' crackshot and 1-shots guardians. You're probably using the original area dmg crackshot on guardians because of hotkeys or something.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I find it racist that the iroquois explorer is supposed to be able to instantly kill a grizzly with one shot. Is he some kind of overhyped demigod in the eyes of The One Who Named Him or something?
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

G*mer
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

I don't think hauds is a bad civ right now, tribal market is a little annoying at the beginning and it should be improved (if iam not wrong the building fondation is a little bugged) but it's playable, and the 3v age up is glorious.

I have just no idea how play them on no tp map, you don't have the church to compensate the lack of tp (and most of native are trash on no tp map)
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Somp the explorer has two crackshots and one of them one shots guardians. They also have placer mines researched and a 3v age up which makes them a pretty solid civ
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

guys I know he is a fucking dumbass I take responsibility.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

what a fuck is wrong with this game. why is "somppu" cencored?
like fucking why?
Turkey iamturk
Pro Player
EWT
ESO: iamturk

Post by iamturk »

Because this game cant handle you
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher
ESO: DrAzTiK

Post by draztik »

chronique wrote:I don't think hauds is a bad civ right now, tribal market is a little annoying at the beginning and it should be improved (if iam not wrong the building fondation is a little bugged) but it's playable, and the 3v age up is glorious.

I have just no idea how play them on no tp map, you don't have the church to compensate the lack of tp (and most of native are trash on no tp map)
The same occurs for spain on no tp maps. Like iro ( maybe otto and chinses also)there is a few civs who really need a tp for shine.... and if you don't have your tp, it is a huge drawback against most civs who get a strong native advantage and more precisely all civs who get a boom advantage without the need to rely on tp .

Still not understand why they have added these 2 no tp maps on the competive map pool.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

somp wrote:You cant convert guardians. You cant 1-shot them either. You need some shitty tribal mines. Idk if its just me but winning age 1 is a massive part of the civ and it just seems quite horse shit now lol

But I am happy they removed historical unaccurate things like guardian convert. Much more realistic is make lamas dance for you which creates shit.
The civ is RE Iro level right now because you get a tp start every game and start with 100 wood 500 food (RE Iro is 200 w 200 f and a random crate). You can do the age 1 fishing build as well and get free placer mines. You now have a 800 res shipment age 2. Travois now has 250 hp instead of 150 so you can't kill it in age 1 when Iro goes forward warhut. A lot of other civs like France, Germany, Japan and Otto were nerfed and you still have 30% rr goons so the warchief nerf is justified.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

yurashic wrote:
somp wrote:You cant convert guardians. You cant 1-shot them either. You need some shitty tribal mines. Idk if its just me but winning age 1 is a massive part of the civ and it just seems quite horse shit now lol

The civ is RE Iro level right now because you get a tp start every game and start with like 500 food. You can do the age 1 fishing build as well and get free placer mines. A lot of other civs like France, Germany, Japan and Otto were nerfed and you still have 30% rr goons so the warchief nerf is justified.
hum RE iro was much stronger tbh
Image Image
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

yurashic wrote:

The civ is RE Iro level right now because you get a tp start every game and start with 100 wood 500 food (RE Iro is 200 w 200 f and a random crate). You can do the age 1 fishing build as well and get free placer mines. You now have a 800 res shipment age 2. Travois now has 250 hp instead of 150 so you can't kill it in age 1 when Iro goes forward warhut. A lot of other civs like France, Germany, Japan and Otto were nerfed and you still have 30% rr goons so the warchief nerf is justified.
Hauds is nothing close to the iro RE level. On RE you was able to start with 2 tp (if 300w) and be age 2 before 4 min, with better tp, your explo was a way better (better age 1, better HP bonus and better crak shot), your toma was better.
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

chronique wrote:
yurashic wrote:

Hauds is nothing close to the iro RE level. On RE you was able to start with 2 tp (if 300w) and be age 2 before 4 min, with better tp, your explo was a way better (better age 1, better HP bonus and better crak shot), your toma was better.
Other civs also have worse tp's now, toma stats, explorer stats and crackshot damage are the same compared to RE, hp bonus was nerfed from 15% to 10% because 15% hp on current stats is ridiculous.
Lancer

Post by kevinitalien »

yurashic wrote:
chronique wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Other civs also have worse tp's now, toma stats, explorer stats and crackshot damage are the same compared to RE, hp bonus was nerfed from 15% to 10% because 15% hp on current stats is ridiculous.
animation for toma is worse compared to RE and yeah on RE you can 2 tp age 1 ahah xD or tp age 1 without gathering wood which is not the case for DE, on RE its was a 14 vills for age most of the time i believe compared to DE where it is 15 most of the time
Image Image
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

kevinitalien wrote:
yurashic wrote:
Show hidden quotes
animation for toma is worse compared to RE and yeah on RE you can 2 tp age 1 ahah xD or tp age 1 without gathering wood which is not the case for DE, on RE its was a 14 vills for age most of the time i believe compared to DE where it is 15 most of the time
RE was 15 vills with idle time because you start with 200 food and not 500.
Lancer

Post by kevinitalien »

yurashic wrote:
kevinitalien wrote:
Show hidden quotes
RE was 15 vills with idle time because you start with 200 food and not 500.
i mean you not gathering wood and you have the 3 vill shipment earlier so idk
Image Image
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

yurashic wrote:Other civs also have worse tp's now, toma stats, explorer stats and crackshot damage are the same compared to RE, hp bonus was nerfed from 15% to 10% because 15% hp on current stats is ridiculous.
Eagle shot take longer to reload and toma have a worst animation (which is a significant nerf because you can dodge the axe with your vills).
Lancer

Post by kevinitalien »

chronique wrote:
yurashic wrote:Other civs also have worse tp's now, toma stats, explorer stats and crackshot damage are the same compared to RE, hp bonus was nerfed from 15% to 10% because 15% hp on current stats is ridiculous.
(which is a significant nerf because you can dodge the axe with your vills).
LOL really ? xDD
Image Image
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

kevinitalien wrote: LOL really ? xDD
Like an arrow, the axe can't miss but there are more delay between the end of the animation and the moment where the damage is apply, so the vill can jup into the tc/tower and your axe miss the target, it's a way harder to dodge the bullet animation.

Toma have a worst animation and they throw a projectil which delay the damage output, this unit is super garbage in age 2 (even for 20w instead of 25 it's a bad unit)
Lancer

Post by kevinitalien »

chronique wrote:
kevinitalien wrote: LOL really ? xDD
Like an arrow, the axe can't miss but there are more delay between the end of the animation and the moment where the damage is apply, so the vill can jup into the tc/tower and your axe miss the target, it's a way harder to dodge the bullet animation.
ah yeah i thought it was global xD
Image Image
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

chronique wrote: (which is a significant nerf because you can dodge the axe with your vills).
Dammn, I never knew that
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.