DE update 38254

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

DE update 38254

Post by Squamiger »

since i haven't seen a thread on it yet:

https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe3de-update-38254/

what do people think about the changes to the current civs? Swedes get nerfed, but also get dominions back in age 2. Japan shrines and yabus nerfed. Ports nerfed, monitor dmg to artillery nerfed, CM nerfed slightly. Haud gets buffed tomahawks but a nerfed dock start and nerfed Musket Riders. Russia buffed, in a way that probably just makes their rush stronger. Spain logistician nerfed. No nerfs to Dutch, which seems like it will be the sneak S tier civ now
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: DE update 38254

Post by Garja »

Mostly good changes but all the +-5% on amors and the +-50, 25, 75, on resource are meh.
Also Spanish changes specifically are probably not good.
Image Image Image
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

In my opinion you can delete logistician but keep Spanish gold at 400
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Whale Oil (card, I): Now improves whale gather rate by 17% (from +35% ▶ +30%).
What?
Svea Lifeguard (card, IV): Now increases Carolean hit points by 15% (down from 25%; Grenadiers remain 25%).
I thought they intended to lower the ranged resistance to .2 as well. Or did they abolish that part completely?
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

duckzilla wrote:
Whale Oil (card, I): Now improves whale gather rate by 17% (from +35% ▶ +30%).
What?
Svea Lifeguard (card, IV): Now increases Carolean hit points by 15% (down from 25%; Grenadiers remain 25%).
I thought they intended to lower the ranged resistance to .2 as well. Or did they abolish that part completely?
They have 20% melee resist now so they probably switch to 20% ranged resist with the card.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Is for historical accuracy they didn't buff aztek or what?
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

They made a mistake with the Torp patch notes:
Now increases Torp hit points by 10% (down from 30%).
This line is used twice, once for the Torp and another time for the Dominion card (this one is correct).
I was confused at first when I read this line underneath the Torp building.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

chronique wrote:Is for historical accuracy they didn't buff aztek or what?
the word on the street is that aztec still has an extremely high win rate, so it doesnt get buffed.

i think people talk about aztec wrong. it's not categorically an underpowered civ. the rush is quite strong. it's just an extremely one-dimensional and boring civ that can only do one thing
United States of America Kyo_
Crossbow
ESO: KyoKusanagi

Post by Kyo_ »

There's a bug I've noticed. In ranked queue, when I accept an invitation it shows me a board detailing all of my stats. When I click on "ranked search" option, it loads me into a lobby by myself instead of with my mates.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

Well Japan is still going to suck all the fun out of the game for me with its stupid crutch design nonsense. Balanced it might be, but ugh. Anyway nothing new from me.

Interesting that they made dominions age 2 again after otherwise nerfing them hard. Not sure that’s a good idea but ah well.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Squamiger wrote:
i think people talk about aztec wrong. it's not categorically an underpowered civ. the rush is quite strong. it's just an extremely one-dimensional and boring civ that can only do one thing
Could not disagree more xD
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Just downloaded the update and bought the expansion: crashed to desktop after 3 minutes when building a deck with Hausa. Really?

edit: just happened again. Both times it crashed when I clicked on one specific card.

edit: third crash -> the card is Fulani Archer Combat. Whatever you do, stay away from that one.
Guess I will try to play a game with Russia now.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

aligator92 wrote:
Squamiger wrote:
Could not disagree more xD
Curiously could you elaborate? Personally I think Aztec has potential to do other things but ultimately it’s large amount of junk content is off putting, like having 4 different anti cavalry units. Jaguars get a special mention. Even if you stealth on a bunch of muskets and catch them out with 10 wp doing war ceremony, they will still usually lose by being kited to death and/or dying to other things like cir skirms, since it was a good idea to lump all heavy infantry into the same bag.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

aztec has 4 anticav units, and 3 rather mediocre scaling units alongside them, some unit needs to be reimagined as a not-anticav unit

in other news, these african farms can be (almost) free amd still generate build xp, this is fine
No Flag Gretchen
Crossbow
ESO: Gretchen Doorway

Post by Gretchen »

My poor poor Sweetheart Japan
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

dansil92 wrote:aztec has 4 anticav units, and 3 rather mediocre scaling units alongside them, some unit needs to be reimagined as a not-anticav unit

in other news, these african farms can be (almost) free amd still generate build xp, this is fine
Yeah, they only get 7 units and 4 of them are anti cav? Like really? Granted Jaguars are technically anti heavy infantry too, but they certainly do not function in the role of countering muskets. Still I've seen a lot of solid ideas here that will never eventuate into anything... at least not until the devs stop pretending to give a damn. Though that maybe a bit harsh, the new civs are a bit better developed then I thought they'd be, but then again, that's the only way they can make money so sceptical mode engage.
Gretchen wrote:My poor poor Sweetheart Japan
Be happy I don't get my way and make your civ radiable outside of boring shrines destruction.
Germany aligator92
Howdah

Post by aligator92 »

@Peachrocks
1. Their rush is not particulary strong with all shipments nerfed
2. I think their play-style should be to put continuous pressure to keep the opponent form booming and/or aging but do not commit into the base unless you see a huge army advantage
3. This leads to very interesting scrappy games in comparison to the Germany/France/Dutch age and mass for one big fight or Japan/Sweden/Ports/Inca camping snorefest

I recently went from 1650 to 1720 ELO (which is probably not sustainable) with Aztecs and I did not commit to a pure rush in a single game. Actually a bunch of games went into Fortress

Yes, Jaguars are useless and might as well be removed from the game. I think even the Big Button is essentially useless
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Peachrocks wrote:
dansil92 wrote:aztec has 4 anticav units, and 3 rather mediocre scaling units alongside them, some unit needs to be reimagined as a not-anticav unit

Yeah, they only get 7 units and 4 of them are anti cav? Like really? Granted Jaguars are technically anti heavy infantry too, but they certainly do not function in the role of countering muskets. Still I've seen a lot of solid ideas here that will never eventuate into anything... at least not until the devs stop pretending to give a damn. Though that maybe a bit harsh, the new civs are a bit better developed then I thought they'd be, but then again, that's the only way they can make money so sceptical mode engage.
Gretchen wrote:My poor poor Sweetheart Japan
Be happy I don't get my way and make your civ radiable outside of boring shrines destruction.
yup a pike, a halb pretending it can skirm, a dopp and a goon pretending to be a skirm
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

aligator92 wrote:I recently went from 1650 to 1720 ELO (which is probably not sustainable)
I can drop more than 100 elo in one day with 100% hauds play :D
France speedflyer
Dragoon
ESO: speedflyer

Post by speedflyer »

https://clips.twitch.tv/GoodRespectfulP ... aHb1nIy0gM

Good patch so far , sometimes we are not allowed to go age 2 , i think we gonna win more and more playrs with those insane update ! So far i've played 1 game , and i had a bug , and i watched 1 aizamk game with a bug !!
I hope Zoi and his team of faithful minions can stop demonizing people
Germany aligator92
Howdah

Post by aligator92 »

dansil92 wrote: yup a pike, a halb pretending it can skirm, a dopp and a goon pretending to be a skirm
Good thing that fake goon is so great that you don't need to consider the rest
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

aligator92 wrote:
dansil92 wrote: yup a pike, a halb pretending it can skirm, a dopp and a goon pretending to be a skirm
Good thing that fake goon is so great that you don't need to consider the rest
lol i call it "samurai syndrome"
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

speedflyer wrote:https://clips.twitch.tv/GoodRespectfulP ... aHb1nIy0gM

Good patch so far , sometimes we are not allowed to go age 2 , i think we gonna win more and more playrs with those insane update ! So far i've played 1 game , and i had a bug , and i watched 1 aizamk game with a bug !!
It's not about players its about payers. Conning people into buying it and running off with the money. I mean fortunate for us when they drop the scam we can fix the mess they leave behind but most players won't be so lucky.
France Syphax
Crossbow

Post by Syphax »

There is still this annoying bug, when u add new units to a group.
Units doesn't move to meet the group when u are in battle.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Balance update looks good except spanish gold.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.