Mark my words

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Finland somp
Dragoon

Mark my words

Post by somp »

Atleast 1 of the African civs is going to be much more stronger than pre-nerfed Sweden. Once people learn the builds.
I just played a game vs Samby where had 4x TP at 3:50 (GL to any ATP strats XD), meanwhile he outgathered my Russia by 1.2k resources at 8 min game, and outmassed my rush.

I have seen enough. The post-game graphs do not lie. The numbers are absurd.
Colombia Abraxas25
Crossbow
ESO: ValarMorghulis

Re: Mark my words

Post by Abraxas25 »

With Ethiopia or Hausa? I feel like Ethiopia will be that op civ , yesterday at min 15 in a 3v3 one Ethiopia player had like 25 howdah's with insane eco and broke us intsantly...
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Yeah they seem really strong. You can't go greedy vs them because their core units (gascenya and raider) have unbelievable siege attack, so if you can't defend immediately you get right clicked. It's not easy to attack them either because they can make all unit types out of any building (tower, palace and war camp), can call minutemen from houses and have forts in age 2.
They have many ways to boom so their eco isn't bad either - granary, livestock, mountain monastery, university, native trading post, cow with every shipment, influence with every shipment.
Javelin rider is so strong that you can't make any cav at all. And yeah, they both get mams and abus. We'll see if players can optimize any new builds for them.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

No question that some units are busted. A lot of them are just absurdly good.

Also not sure about livestock maps and African civilizations, given how many resources Africans so easily get out of livestock compared to other civs. I used to think India had it good, boy was I wrong.

The design of the civs is really good and fun though, so if it's a question of adjusting stats then it should all work out.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Well those cows can be used for multiple TPs early on. It's like a free age2 shipment. Also both civs seem to have 500 resource age ups or better. So they don't have a specific way to boom but they get pretty strong one time economic bonuses.
Image Image Image
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

somp wrote:Atleast 1 of the African civs is going to be much more stronger than pre-nerfed Sweden. Once people learn the builds.
I just played a game vs Samby where had 4x TP at 3:50 (GL to any ATP strats XD), meanwhile he outgathered my Russia by 1.2k resources at 8 min game, and outmassed my rush.

Yeah this is why I’m not trying to figure out builds or whatever with them. I’ve seen enough to know they are both broken. I don’t find any pleasure in playing with broken civs. I’ll look into them again when they are toned down cus I think the base design is interesting and potentially fun.
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

Those gattling camels are just fkn OP.. the unit makes no sense and a couple of them can thread 50 infantry units fast.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

somp wrote:Atleast 1 of the African civs is going to be much more stronger than pre-nerfed Sweden. Once people learn the builds.

Marked
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I've just been informed the hausa card that gives all their cav splash damage is bugged like the tad aztec warchief, they have no damage cap, and no damage flags. they kill each other, nearby buildings teammates units, everything
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

that rules lol
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

"lifidi knight is confused"

"it hurt itself in its confusion!"
United States of America Abrahamburgerlincon
Crossbow

Post by Abrahamburgerlincon »

I would just like to point out that Ethiopia has potential to get 3 organ guns in age 2 if you wanted to age with Portuguese, and these aren’t toned down versions or organ guns, they are age 3 organs.
not a Rick roll, promise :hehe:
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Abrahamburgerlincon wrote:I would just like to point out that Ethiopia has potential to get 3 organ guns in age 2 if you wanted to age with Portuguese, and these aren’t toned down versions or organ guns, they are age 3 organs.
if only like they had some sort of like, massable strong anticav to compliment it :hmm:
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

additional information: stevastopol bombards have a damage cap of 2500, instead of the expected 1000. technically speaking the 2 stevastopol shipment in age 4 do a combined (potential) 6250 damage per volley
Finland samby
Crossbow
ESO: samby

Post by samby »

Idk hausa's early eco is very good with tps and the arab vills but the units don't seem that broken. At least I especially struggle vs musk/cannon combo since fulani archers do such a low damage and culvs are kinda difficult to make. Just have to suicide hand cav or javelin riders into musk in order to kill cannons it seems.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

On a related note: why the heck do Ethiopians get "Sebastopol Mortars" which seem to be named after the Ukrainian/Russian city located on the Crimea peninsula. Is there any connection between Russia and Ethiopia during that time?! Or does this name refer to something else?

Gatling Camels are an absurd unit that serves troll purposes exclusively.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Slovenia Javon
Musketeer

Post by Javon »

It's based on a real mortar, but it was made only once and never used in combat. Why it bears the Sebastopol name isn't explained (here) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastopol_(mortar) .
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Javon wrote:It's based on a real mortar, but it was made only once and never used in combat. Why it bears the Sebastopol name isn't explained (here) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastopol_(mortar) .
Thanks for that article. Reading the story behind this mortar was a wild ride. Can only recommend.

The article also says that the ethiopian emperor named it specifically after the city of Sevastopol in 1868. Interpreting the date as a hint, I guess that he went with this name due to the siege of Sevastopol (1854/1855) during the Crimean War, which was a very influential event being celebrated in Victorian England.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

This thread reads like a horror story
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Who would have thought that african spear throwers heavily outclass european gunpowder units.
Brazil DNLgibraltar
Skirmisher

Post by DNLgibraltar »

I don't know why there are so many units that counter calvary. And they counter it so much.

You are basically fucked if you are German or Lakota.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

dansil92 wrote:I've just been informed the hausa card that gives all their cav splash damage is bugged like the tad aztec warchief, they have no damage cap, and no damage flags. they kill each other, nearby buildings teammates units, everything
tbh that could be an interesting downside
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

DNLgibraltar wrote:I don't know why there are so many units that counter calvary. And they counter it so much.

You are basically fucked if you are German or Lakota.
You are fucked if you are not african civ lol
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

tbh The Javs and Raiders are basically keshiks and Steppe with free Old dynasty reforms and in the case of javelins, completely without the cost negatives.

And they can be trained individually, which is what apparently keeps china in check