Is the end!?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Is the end!?

Post by look »

every day I turn on the computer, I no longer want to open age of empires 3
I thought that with the launch of a definitive edition, all those problems we experienced in RE would not experience.
what we see is a total disregard for those who seek competitiveness.
they can launch a lot of civilizations, but they can't change a number in a line of code (balance)
they can't produce a decent spectator mode.
they are just laughing at you while you buy the new dlcs
I have played this game for several years and have never felt as vague as I am right now.
I'm not saying I'm going to retire, but at the first opportunity I won't open this game anymore, because I feel disrespected.
I wish everyone luck and hope for good things in the future

"good times are lived and they don't come back." LoOk_tOm
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Re: Is the end!?

Post by Sargsyan »

its just karma for banning gibthedurrty
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

I feel vague too
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Not the end, the devs just need to get a patch out sooner rather than later. botched release, as always. it seems that there isn't a single game dev out there that can do things properly from the get go

the DLC had the potential to be amazing and in a lot of ways, it's really great. the balance is absolute trash and we only just got done with the whole sweden/logistician/peru bs

I have no idea why this is so hard.

edit: ranked lobbies RIP tbh ngl
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

look wrote:every day I turn on the computer, I no longer want to open age of empires 3
I thought that with the launch of a definitive edition, all those problems we experienced in RE would not experience.
they can launch a lot of civilizations, but they can't change a number in a line of code (balance)
I have played this game for several years and have never felt as vague as I am right now.
I'm not saying I'm going to retire, but at the first opportunity I won't open this game anymore, because I feel disrespected.

personally it's the end imo, since october 2020 we have no match history no spectator mode shit ranked team shit ranked treaty shit catastrophic balance and no communication from dev,
it's really annoying
Image Image
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

oh yeah the lack of working spectator mode is a joke. game came out almost a year ago
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

look wrote:every day I turn on the computer, I no longer want to open age of empires 3

Quoting yourself is a based move
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Lancer

Post by kevinitalien »

I mean I even try to send an email to suggest problems that this game has lol because its annoys me not to be able to play I like this game actually
response from dev lol :
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2021-08-13 154603.png
Image Image
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

a single person with a broad vision can change the course of a game company.
I believe this is lacking for many companies of games.
many things can be avoided with just one day of work focused on feedback.
if game creators loved games as players, the games would be quite different. but they are just workers
no mens sky is an example of that.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

iNcog wrote:oh yeah the lack of working spectator mode is a joke. game came out almost a year ago
I explained this earlier, the way aiz ui worked is fine as a community mod but it might be skirting the legal line for devs something which they may be unwilling to do so. If they wanted to build a working spectator UI without skirting the line they may have had to rewrite the game from base maybe make new engine itself. The other likely scenario is that changes to DE might have made the aiz style ui unviable.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Retired Contributor

iNcog wrote:oh yeah the lack of working spectator mode is a joke. game came out almost a year ago
I explained this earlier, the way aiz ui worked is fine as a community mod but it might be skirting the legal line for devs something which they may be unwilling to do so. If they wanted to build a working spectator UI without skirting the line they may have had to rewrite the game from base maybe make new engine itself. The other likely scenario is that changes to DE might have made the aiz style ui unviable.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

princeofcarthage wrote:
no I mean the observer mode in aoe3 is trash
Garja wrote:
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Well said. I was looking forward to this patch that might've been DE's first state of pretty reasonable balance but it dropped at the same time as the DLC. Hoped the new civs might at least seem kinda bad on release like the US did, but nope, not even close. Sure, some imbalance with new content is to be expected, but it's not just that, it's my now complete lack of faith that it'll ever get fixed in a reasonable time frame. It took almost a year to maybe balance Sweden which now looks stupidly simple compared to these two new bloated clusterfucks. Does anyone who designed this mess even play the game? It's not like half of this shit requires any play-testing to tell it's retarded. I haven't had the energy to play a single game since the DLC dropped and if I had I'd probably be even more pissed off. Maybe I'm being melodramatic but after 10 months of cautious optimism it feels like we're right back at release day.

And btw if anyone's interested here's the steam player stats. April was when the US DLC came out, so far this one has barely made a dent
steamcharts
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Inside sources tell us that it takes about a month for a change to go from their screen to our screen. Meaning even if the developers were aware of any balance problems and worked on an entire list of changes on day 1 of the DLC, the patch would still arrive on day 30 in the best scenario. Hotfixes are a different story, and while the developers have been quick to release these with minor balance changes, previously one hotfix also brought new bugs, such as a reset of USA challenge progress. That underlines the importance of proper deployment testing and explains the 30-day delay.

There is hope, but it will take a little while to arrive. At the same time, everyone is playing aoe4 so only scrubs are left grinding African civs on the ladder right now.
Korea South Miyawaki Sakura
Dragoon
ESO: April

Post by Miyawaki Sakura »

I am waiting for DE esoc patch mod.
Whatever Kaiser and his agents do, it will be better than it is now.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Kawapasaka wrote:Does anyone who designed this mess even play the game?
You can watch Fitzbro's interview with one of the devs, the leader of Forgotten Empires team. He said that he never played multiplayer before definitive edition came out.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I doubt there are that many devs working on this. It's just probably very low on Microsoft's list of priorities. So they allotted resources accordingly.
If they have like 15 devs or fewer working on a code base of over 1 million LOCs, yeah making even a small change can risk introducing a bug elsewhere in unexpected ways.
Based on how slowly things are going, they're probably understaffed.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Miyawaki Sakura wrote:I am waiting for DE esoc patch mod.
Whatever Kaiser and his agents do, it will be better than it is now.
Thing is, I don't see how it'd be possible to make an EP on/for DE.

And then also, seems weird to make an EP when the developer is actually patching the game every month.
Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

yurashic wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:Does anyone who designed this mess even play the game?
You can watch Fitzbro's interview with one of the devs, the leader of Forgotten Empires team. He said that he never played multiplayer before definitive edition came out.
I have no idea how they're so out of touch with what a unit should be.

The desert warrior is literally mathematically twice as good as a normal musketeer, doesn't make any god damn sense
Garja wrote:
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

TAD and TWC were so balanced when they came out too! Sad!

(Sarcasm for the uninformed)
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Zutazuta wrote:TAD and TWC were so balanced when they came out too! Sad!

And DE civs for that matter
mad cuz bad
Lancer

Post by kevinitalien »

Zutazuta wrote:TAD and TWC were so balanced when they came out too! Sad!

the difference is that DE arrived on EP base, but they managed to make the balance even worse that the problem, maybe would have been necessary to give the balance to the esoc team or volunteer players to do it who know the balance surely better than them imo ( its a dream i know )
Image Image
Retired Contributor

Prince : Kevin! Tell me a joke!
Kevin : Esoc team knows balance.
Lancer

Post by kevinitalien »

princeofcarthage wrote:Prince : Kevin! Tell me a joke!
Kevin : Esoc team knows balance.
I admit it's funny
Image Image
No Flag Kanoo
Skirmisher

Post by Kanoo »

What would you have done differently, Prince?
thebritish wrote:
19 Jan 2016, 09:58
So, you are saying that if i watch H20's rec, i can beat anyone below H20's level because i know his BO?