[Cheater in QS]

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America minimoult21
Dragoon
ESO: minimoult21

Re: [Cheater in QS]

Post by minimoult21 »

It's not called cheating. It's called pay to win. If you have the African civs you just get extra elo and....oh...that's not what this is about?
minimoult21 represents a relative unknown.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

speedflyer wrote:I've heard some ppl can easily get games during NA times now , how is it dead ?
it's dead because it never had a professional scene, obviously. the game was never alive to begin with.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

speedflyer wrote:I've heard some ppl can easily get games during NA times now , how is it dead ?
As far as I understand, he is being sarcastic:
iNcog wrote:meanwhile the game is not actually dead, there is a 1500 tourney tomorrow. a lull in competitive aoe3 scene? maybe. bad balance atm? for sure.

is the game dead? lol?! no.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

gibson wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:Surely for the average skill of esoc players the effective community is of roughly similar size
Yes, but some 800 elo player can get his hands on cheats and be 1800 elo in a matter of hours, while this didn’t happen on ep.
Good point, didn't think of this.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

How about roiarthurbis and uhlan?
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

JKProwler wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Tens of thousands is an exaggeration
not really. theres probaby 10k unique players that play within 24 hours (not concurrent). Not sure how many of that play multi tho.
Based on numbers I looked at during legacy just before DE and numbers from 10 years ago, both times it was approximately 10% of players play multiplayer. I dunno how to check it now but based on what I’ve seen that would be about right.

According to steam charts around 2.5k average play this game at any given moment with around a 3.5k peak. It wouldn’t be unreasonable to say there’s around 10k unique players a day but around 80-90% of them would play single player.