Public Update Preview - September Update

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Re: Public Update Preview - September Update

Post by yoqpasa »

musketeer925 wrote:
yoqpasa wrote:''Artillery units no longer automatically switch to Limber mode when attacking a unit that is not far out of the attack range''
Is this correct? I mean the right sentence which makes sense to me would be like this:
''Artillery units no longer automatically switch to Limber mode when attacking a unit that is (not) far out of the attack range''
You're suggesting removing the "not"? I think it's right as written. Replace "not far out of" with "near":
Artillery units no longer automatically switch to Limber mode when attacking a unit that is near the attack range.
They'll still switch to Limber to attack a unit that is very far from them, but not for one that is "not far" (i.e., "near").
Ok thx. One of the most appreciated changes for me.

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

JKProwler wrote:
Garja wrote:lag shouldnt be much of a problem in DE. But seeing so much of the map is bad for gameplay
I think will be handy for certain situations. Also I can see myself getting used to that zoom level.
it's too handy, that's the point
Image Image Image
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

when is the patch going live? I'm literally -10 atm and literally only meet hausa rushers. minus a few games vs top 30 players for some reason

the game is pretty much unplayable
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Judging from the minimap the new zoom out level is 1/3 of that specific map
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

I am kinda amazed they decided to buff the zenata rider merc with that increased range resist. It cost more now but considering the unit was just a better manchu, it feels weird.

The nerfs to African civs are sort of everywhere, from the influence mechanic change, changes to natives and then changes to cards. Not sure about the overall impact
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

hopefully it will be enough but idk. the mortar is still going to be OP for instance if the player knows how to protect it properly
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

iNcog wrote:hopefully it will be enough but idk. the mortar is still going to be OP for instance if the player knows how to protect it properly
It is at the very least slow as fuck, so there will be time and opportunity to snipe it on the field, prepare for forward towers with Ethiopian.

I am still worried about the javelins, the nerfs feel inconsequential.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

helln00 wrote:
iNcog wrote:hopefully it will be enough but idk. the mortar is still going to be OP for instance if the player knows how to protect it properly
It is at the very least slow as fuck, so there will be time and opportunity to snipe it on the field, prepare for forward towers with Ethiopian.

I think it takes siege elephants 5 shots to kill it.
Garja wrote:
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

iNcog wrote:
helln00 wrote:

I think it takes siege elephants 5 shots to kill it.
Yeah it does but siege ele are always funny units. it takes 3 culv shots to kill it which is more relavant. Maybe a siege elephant buff so that it only takes 4 shots? raising its attack to 50 should do it.
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

This looks amazing. Really great to see that they're not just making a few essential changes but that they're committed to fixing long-standing issues and make general improvements as well.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It takes seige eles 4 shots to kill 2 falcs, and 6 to kill 3 gatlins, assuming nothing is stacked, so its not even like thats completely unreasonable.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

Has anyone seen the new icons for the coyotemen ie the Hand Shock Infantry? I cant seem to find it on any of the units.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

Lol the new icons for the units look ok, all except the the new skirm one, which looks off. I think its just the hat is not at the right angle
Picture1.png
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:ive read through all of these. What jumps out at you is the acknowledgement that nearly everything was busted, and it still looks like they are going to still do well.

Has aztec been nerfed again??
aztec gets one nerf every patch since October. we don't know why. I still think revert to everything including siege trooper tag is the fix for the newbs imo
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Puma siege was always total bs. 7 puma is nuts
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

InsectPoison wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:Done a quick test, artillery indeed seems to behave better.

Here's how far the new zoom goes:
How do you get the camera to zoom out this far?
Under graphics options on the beta:
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

I don't see that Aztec change as a nerf. The unit cost has been reduced by 10% for an 8% HP reduction, no change in attack, and a tiny 2% siege decrease. I don't see any important breakpoints at 125 instead of 135 HP either. For example they still don't die to TC+tower and take the same amount of crossbow shots.

I would consider that a very marginal buff actually since the unit is more cost effective, and the improved shipment actually makes the early push slightly stronger.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

7 puma is a tiny buff. Puma just do high damage and die fast, so 125hp and 135hp makes no difference.
But well, they have an age iii 8 puma shipment which worth 720 res now.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Remove the stupid extreme zooming out feature - my guts tell me that it will only lead to abuse and bugs.
iNcog wrote:Those nerfs to Africa are there but rather light.
Rather a nerf like this than gutting the civs completely, no?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

aaryngend wrote:Remove the stupid extreme zooming out feature - my guts tell me that it will only lead to abuse and bugs.
why bugs?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

aaryngend wrote:Remove the stupid extreme zooming out feature - my guts tell me that it will only lead to abuse and bugs.
I reckon they using aoe3 de to test what's possible for aoe4
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

yoqpasa wrote:
musketeer925 wrote:
yoqpasa wrote:''Artillery units no longer automatically switch to Limber mode when attacking a unit that is not far out of the attack range''
Is this correct? I mean the right sentence which makes sense to me would be like this:
''Artillery units no longer automatically switch to Limber mode when attacking a unit that is (not) far out of the attack range''
You're suggesting removing the "not"? I think it's right as written. Replace "not far out of" with "near":
Artillery units no longer automatically switch to Limber mode when attacking a unit that is near the attack range.
They'll still switch to Limber to attack a unit that is very far from them, but not for one that is "not far" (i.e., "near").
Ok thx. One of the most appreciated changes for me.
This change has single-handily decreased my elo by 200 points. I was renowned for my hotkey mashing when my artillery bugged, thereby outplaying my opponents’ bugged artillery.
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

iNcog wrote: the mortar is still going to be OP for instance if the player knows how to protect it properly
dont forget they still can heal the mortar in the fight
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

After looking through the patch, they have almost revamped the african civs I feel. Late game eco is buffed with a lot more new cards, new mercs shipments for ethiopia (that also contain buffs to cannons and cav).

And also a card that allows livestock to gather from fields, which is interesting to say the least.

The rushes are nerfed hard as well though. the upgrade cards have been moved, there is a new ability for Hausa hero, basically an inverse of inspiring flags for buildings
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

The -1 starting crate should be enough to nerf the problematic rushes.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.