Results of the Emperor of Africa Tournament

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Re: Results of the Emperor of Africa Tournament

Post by tabben »

Jerimuno wrote:Sometimes I wonder how people can come to such different conclusions - I firmly believe princeofcarthage was hired by the ESOC admins to play the role of a devil's advocate, just to bring back some spice into the forums since SirMusket and others aren't around anymore
lol @GiBthedurrty
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

On the 5th the final was due to be played, but AoK had already told us that he could not postpone the final. On the other hand, Yuki that day could not for reasons already explained and totally understandable. On the other hand, I proposed to both of them that they could play whenever they wanted, 1, 2, 3 weeks later or as long as necessary. But neither of them wanted, due to various reasons, among them, a possible change of the meta for updates, etc. For that reason we defined a winner, in this case it was AoK.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Can these "various reasons" that the players didn't want to play 1-3 weeks later be made more specific?
duck
:mds:
imo
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

My round with @gibson lasted three days, after I was told to begin scheduling with him. But I wasn't aware it was lasting three days, I just got a PM on the third day saying they need the games played that day. Since I was already out of town for the weekend for this entire exchange I had to forfeit. Had no idea the time table was so short tbh. Shame, would probably have been the single best DE tourney series yet.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

I mean it's pretty much written in the original announcement post that tournament will start on 2nd and end no later than 5th meaning 5th as last day. It is yours and only yours fault if you didnt the rules/info before signing up. Stop blaming others for your incompetence.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

I was invited, I didn't sign up. To a point, good tournament organization isn't contingent on players actually reading the tournament rules. Communication is hard and I'm bad at it everyone is bad at it that's the point. There's interest for both parties to communicate well.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
No Flag turnuva
Crossbow

Post by turnuva »

Cringe Map Maker wrote:let me know when microsoft publishes some of your maps
Retired Contributor

Out of curiosity, why couldn't you complete say 2 days later or 3 or even 10, according to elite that option was presented to you.
Retired Contributor

callentournies wrote:I was invited, I didn't sign up. To a point, good tournament organization isn't contingent on players actually reading the tournament rules. Communication is hard and I'm bad at it everyone is bad at it that's the point. There's interest for both parties to communicate well.
Doesn't mean organizers should sit you down on a reclining sofa in ac with champagne and read a b c d e. You were invited, still you had to agree to participate which is as good as sign up. Even if they failed to whisper the rules/info in your ear, you, using your mouth in this case hands could've asked for the same. Only a lazy and an entitled person like you would ask to be fed truffle in a golden spoon.
Retired Contributor

Kartoffel Joe wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Ban yuki from future tournaments
ban princeofcarthage from esoc :roll:
Potato Joe.
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon
ESO: Yukietty

Post by Yukietti »

Kaiserklein wrote:
chronique wrote:I don't understand, yukietty is not suposed to be the same person as AOK?
Maybe that's why the finals couldn't be played
i will pretend like i didnt read this
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon
ESO: Yukietty

Post by Yukietti »

i played 2-3 series in that day and went to work and i was home at like 23:00-24:00 and was so tired so i couldn't play at that time so admins gave him the win
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Jerimuno wrote:Sometimes I wonder how people can come to such different conclusions - I firmly believe princeofcarthage was hired by the ESOC admins to play the role of a devil's advocate, just to bring back some spice into the forums since SirMusket and others aren't around anymore
Guess we'll have to let the truth out now you've guessed it.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

This thread looks familiar
Argentina foquitaman
Crossbow
ESO: foquitaman
Clan: MUNDO

Post by foquitaman »

As a result of the problems and misunderstandings that arose these days, from the ComunidadAoE Administration we want to communicate how the events really were, on the one hand, Age of Killer from the first day of the tournament informed us that in case the Established schedule he could not play as he had different issues and would have very little time to play. The tournament took place in the established times, however since Yukietty's braces there were problems coordinating the games, which led to Yukietty having to play two rounds on the same Sunday. At the time of coordinating the final Yukietty offered to postpone the meetings to which Age of Killer communicated his problems. Yukietty proposed to give AgeofKiller the admin win, since the Administration proposed several possibilities, such as postponing the final, shortening the matches to one bo3 but the players agreed to give AgeofKiller the winner, the Administration accepted this decision. Anyway we are analyzing if there was any error on our part, in order to improve the experience in the future. Thank you very much for all constructive criticism. ComunidadAoE