new dutch and germany opening

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon
ESO: Yukietty

new dutch and germany opening

Post by Yukietti »

here is the situation there is a reason why germany and dutch don't have musk unit in age 2 right? with new african maps you can start desert warrior with these civs and considering that 90% of the map pool are african maps at the moment it really became a standart opening for me and its really strong like you can 5 bank and musk skirm in age 2 with dutchor musk huss and no one can't beat that combo and with germany you can make like 25 dessert warrior till you ship 700 coin and then you can switch to food and age 3 just in time it really feels too strong what do u guys think?
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Re: new dutch and germany opening

Post by helln00 »

I can see that being good. the new outlaws has also also allowed china to have an age 2 musk opening with really compliments the CKN and pike shipments.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

You can train them from the saloon?
Do you always get desert warriors on african maps?
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Sweden and Germany's mercs semi-FF could make great use of those outlaws.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Korea South Miyawaki Sakura
Dragoon
ESO: April

Post by Miyawaki Sakura »

Dutch skirm + musk OP
They are better than jan + abus at age 2
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

ah welcome yuki, you are like 6 weeks late on that idea. Been there and done that.

the outlaws have a vet tech 25% combat -50% train time for just 250f 250w which also really strong. Skirm musk play as dutch is legit
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

All the outlaw changes kinda destroyed balance.
Image Image Image
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Sand warriors are good, but you're not Hausa. You don't have so many units before 5:30, so things become a bit different.
Suggest you're playing Dutch, and with one bank you can only train sand warriors from a tavern, which is just a better version of musket semiFF. Sand warrrior skirm combo is available only after you have 2-3 banks, while your opponent have enough time to age up.

But well, 10 sand warrior semiFF seems to be much safer than a cav semiFF.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

It is a bit hard to mass the outlaws consistently, Last I tried to measure it takes about 15-16 vills on coin to get constant batches (pre-current patch), for dutch its probably about the same with one bank and the increased gather rate to make outlaws and vills.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

the thing is with germany and dutch in particular, in some MUs its safer to open desert infantry than huss/uhlan. The outlaws even train faster which is a little ridiculous. then once you see inside the saloon for mercs you can plan your composition for age 3. Now as a dutch player i would rather see a top tier age 3 merc in the saloon which works well like stradiot, manchu or swiss pike so you can drop 2 rax andd make skirms with mercs on the side. Although you can upgrade your units etc the idea is that they are a very safe unit for you to get to age 3 and then do something from there after
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I mean, its probably quite reasonable for china as well. i can imagine going for outlaws and then shipping 10 rattan all in age 2 with the laziest macro you've ever seen, ship some ckn to seal the deal, and plan for some iron troops potentially in age 3