October Update – Build # 46542

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Re: October Update – Build # 46542

Post by Aizamk »

harcha wrote:They're rewriting history now.
Hussar’s history section now correctly indicates that the unit is heavy cavalry instead of light cavalry.
CANCELLED
heavy cavalry armed with cold steel?
oranges.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Bolas are going to be the new caro and Inca FI is going to be king. Maybe this is how the devs plan to dethrone the african civs, just make Inca great (not again)

15 range musk with range resist in age 4, aoe damage and snares at range, it counters both hand cav and goons, just slap on jungle bowman and a few abus and you can clear most things
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Idk exactly how it will turn out but it's a massive rework for Inca and will most likely raise issues.
I don't get what was the problem with old Inca, at least I don't see why are so many changes needed.
Image Image Image
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

yeah i felt like current inca was one of the more reasonable new civs. it was wonky but didn't stick out
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Hussar’s history section now correctly indicates that the unit is heavy cavalry instead of light cavalry.
CANCELLED
This is not exactly accurate, cuz Hussars started as lightish cavalry and then quickly turned into heavy cavalry. Polish-Lithuanian Hussars which were very effective were heavier than traditional light cavalry. Hungarian hussars were to heavy cavalry in nature. During the reign of Fredrick the great and napoleon wars French and Prussia reorganized them into light cavalry for Prussian and French forces. So it is actually a mix n match. OG Aoe 3 also had Hussar as heavy cavalry.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I'm quite glad with the Inca changes actually
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Seamonk
Musketeer

Post by Seamonk »

princeofcarthage wrote:
CANCELLED
This is not exactly accurate, cuz Hussars started as lightish cavalry and then quickly turned into heavy cavalry. Polish-Lithuanian Hussars which were very effective were heavier than traditional light cavalry. Hungarian hussars were to heavy cavalry in nature. During the reign of Fredrick the great and napoleon wars French and Prussia reorganized them into light cavalry for Prussian and French forces. So it is actually a mix n match. OG Aoe 3 also had Hussar as heavy cavalry.
Nah. For the time period we're looking at and the factions that get Hussar, they were used as light cavalry. The game is actually pretty bad at determining light/heavy cavalry. Hussar should be light (unless we're talking specifically Polish), there should be wider access to a cuirassier type heavy cavalry, dragoons shouldn't fire from horseback and be more of a medium cavalry when mounted. etc. etc.

The evolution to light cavalry happened in the 1600s, well before Napoleon and Frederick the Great.
United States of America Dolphincup
Musketeer
ESO: Dolphincup

Post by Dolphincup »

helln00 wrote:Bolas are going to be the new caro
This is where my mind went as well; bolas are basically caroleans that get a ranged snare for a 10% resource cost. After all shipments, bolas will get a couple points more in speed, and carolean will have ~20% hp over them. With no shipments, bolas are clearly better. The splash damage is where things become a bit unclear. I think to be safe the devs should keep bolas' current coin-heavy cost to prevent them from being too mass-able, or find a middle ground, like 50/55. Where bolas sit with these notes, I think they're over-tuned.

Here's the full comparison:
spoiler
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

princeofcarthage wrote:
CANCELLED
Yeah it's not accurate, so what is the point of replacing a half-truth with a half-truth... I seem to remember that hussars were light cavalry by description on nilla. Either way the game intermixes heavy and hand cavalry and uses heavy/light completely differently than it would be accurate for military/historical purposes.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Exploit fixes
Fixed various exploits used by cheaters to gain an unfair advantage in multiplayer matches.
Wth is this refering to. Scary stuff.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

aaryngend wrote:
Exploit fixes
Fixed various exploits used by cheaters to gain an unfair advantage in multiplayer matches.
Wth is this refering to. Scary stuff.
it means that they are working on anti-cheat. obviously they shouldn't go into details
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Oh I know, and details should never be disclosed for the purpose of not spreading them, but I'm dying to know what kind of stupidity was possible with this geniusly coded game.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

it might be as uninteresting as fixing the explorer revive bug
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

aaryngend wrote:Oh I know, and details should never be disclosed for the purpose of not spreading them, but I'm dying to know what kind of stupidity was possible with this geniusly coded game.
I mean, people have found ways to cheat in the biggest multiplayer game titles, sometimes even on lan. Any game with a player base is gonna deal with cheaters, I’m just glad the devs have been able to keep it under control.
France Gimmick_aoe
Crossbow

Post by Gimmick_aoe »

chris1089 wrote:Thoughts @Gimmick_aoe ?
Tested like 6h , the civ seems overpowered.

Some build allows to have ageII 3.10 into 27v at 4.10.
Some build allows to get insane water boom scaling from wood upgrade age up.

I agree the civ had broken mechanics before but I think it's not getting any better.
The chimu "charge" ability allows chimus to run 7.88speed for 8seconds with speed card and not be snared during this right click.
The civ will be able to turtle even more because of kanchas acting like wood factories ageIII.

800 res + 3 lamas is too much for a start.

Kallanka ageII can bring broken rush in team because ally unit can garrison into kallanka and benefit from pop diminution aswell.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

I like the kancha BB change. Now it's not the standard age 1 BO but another way to boom. It's a mix between imperial bureaucracy (cost) and Otto consulate vills.
We should discuss about chimus snare removal. I guess they will not be as good raiding since players will save their ability for engagements. It's a pity they didn't remove the feature 100%.
Their 2 main units are cheaper now, seems too much. On the other side, no more 2 warhuts as soon as you hit colonial.

France speedflyer
Dragoon
ESO: speedflyer

Post by speedflyer »

iNcog wrote:I'm quite glad with the Inca changes actually
Dont be glad , the civ is absolutely stupid tbh , it will ruin ladder again for months
I hope Zoi and his team of faithful minions can stop demonizing people
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Just asking, is Inca now better than first iteration of africans civ?
United States of America Dolphincup
Musketeer
ESO: Dolphincup

Post by Dolphincup »

IMO, every change they're making to Inca is well-reasoned, but a few too many changes are going a bit too far, and the combination might break things. 400w, 6 vill, 3 llama start might be okay, but alongside vill shipments, probably not.

I think a more reasonable start might be
300f
400w
0c
5 vill
4 llama (4 llama = 1 vill on plaza, which might actually be worth building at this point)

No vill shipments, but lower Queen's festival cost to 250 of each res.

Also I don't think the chimu snare-disable-ability should boost speed as well. should just release them from snares. that would be plenty.

EDIT: to disclose some biases of mine, I do feel like most civ should start with more wood b/c more wood means more options and therefore more strategic diversity, and very few civs should start with coin because it devaluates coin treasures, and it pigeonholes builds into age-1 market. Also feel like fewer civs should have age-1 vill shipments, but you can't really that away from any civ. So best not to give them vill shipments in the first place if possible.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It’s the speed doesn’t really matter, if you can’t get snared speed becomes a lot less relevant.
Indonesia Nojirex
Crossbow

Post by Nojirex »

Not mentioned in the changelog but now Aztec starts with 2 Warrior Priests.
Attachments
aztec.png
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Lol random changes
Image Image Image
Indonesia Nojirex
Crossbow

Post by Nojirex »

Garja wrote:Lol random changes
Any thoughts?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Idk, feels a bit random buff but then again Aztecs aren't very competitive.
Everything just feels very random. I guess they want to try out new stuff but it becomes a mess very quickly.
Image Image Image
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

2 warrior priest does mean that aztec have an exp trickle that is better then TP right at the start of the game so ealier 3 vils and easier to get to max warrior priest in age 2 as well. might be decent in boosting their lategame age 2 eco.