October Update – Build # 46542

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: October Update – Build # 46542

Post by Hazza54321 »

Seems kinda op tbh. Aztecs have always been underated
United States of America Dolphincup
Musketeer
ESO: Dolphincup

Post by Dolphincup »

Not sure what the goal is for that aztec change. what the devs should want is to boost aztec's mid-game eco without buffing their rush, and this buff doesn't achieve that. it would be better to give them a 5 WP shipment in fortress age or improve their coin shipments. Or maybe combine 2 farm travois with grain market and move that to age III.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

yeah just from a test game, you get the first shipment by like the 1st min, then also stacking 2 shipments by age 2 and actually might have just resurrected the skull knights to the face at 4 min build cause the earlier 3 vils also allows you to age up slightly earlier.

I dont play aztec though so maybe its still bad since puma siege is still nerfed and the shipments are nerfed as well.

Maybe they are trying to allow for a Aztec ff with all these shipments.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

its definitely possible to ff as aztec with that, i guess, mace + that big skull shipment and transition to erks and mace/coyo? idk seems random. id much rather see 5wp age 3 and some sort of fix to make jpk useable ngl
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I tested it a bit but I can't see a disruptive way to use the 2WPs (I mean a new build) except maybe for sending a 2nd card in age1 like ATP (which I didn't test).
All the builds are boosted of course. You get back to back shipments in early age2 and the WP boom is significantly faster. Also 5wp is often enough for many builds and they are worth a 10% boost on attack dance.
I have 3-4 solid builds for Aztecs plus many occasional builds for water etc. With this change Aztecs may be competitive even tho they are still super micro/macro intensive and still have to abuse some mechanics to cut it vs good players.
Image Image Image
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Garja wrote:I tested it a bit but I can't see a disruptive way to use the 2WPs (I mean a new build) except maybe for sending a 2nd card in age1 like ATP (which I didn't test).
All the builds are boosted of course. You get back to back shipments in early age2 and the WP boom is significantly faster. Also 5wp is often enough for many builds and they are worth a 10% boost on attack dance.
I have 3-4 solid builds for Aztecs plus many occasional builds for water etc. With this change Aztecs may be competitive even tho they are still super micro/macro intensive and still have to abuse some mechanics to cut it vs good players.
this was more or less my impression too. you can 2 card discovery, potentially wc card or atp or hardwoods, but you'd have to slow age i think?

also could treasure with one and dance the other age 1?

additionally, i wonder if having that extra xp curve would let you get 5v in immediately age 2 consistently?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Ye 2 cards in age1 always mean slow age. But with ATP that was always the case (and it just makes sense). I think the other best card to send in age1 is infinite 2v but with fast age you can send 4v instead so Idk.
Treasuring with WPs seems useless atm because of the eagle scout. There are almost never enough treasures to require another support unit (moving to the next one is usually the cap). I guess on super good treasure maps it makes sense.
Idk what you mean with 5v immediately. I wouldn't send that as first card unless I'm skipping 3wps entirely and I'm FFing (basically the only build I'd do that is for naked eagle FF with delayed 3wp+8v in age3).

The classic schooners build is also improved as with back to back shipments it is smoother.

Having to guess the build that benefits the most and is probably the land go-to strat is the 10wp age2 timing. Basically fast age into 10wps then mix of crates and units to do a timing.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lol aztecs have to be busted with this buff. It's like they're starting with an extra 1.5 vil or so...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Sad that diarouga is not playing anymore for this patch.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

It's not even that much of a difference in practice.
Image Image Image
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

also wouldnt 2warriro priest on fertility dance also have a sizeable impact now?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Depends what you mean with bizarre. Traditionally aztecs could already do a 18-20 villager age up (fast age option) using the fertility dance. I guess now it's a bit faster but there is still the trade off with the experience.
Image Image Image
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

Garja wrote:Depends what you mean with bizarre. Traditionally aztecs could already do a 18-20 villager age up (fast age option) using the fertility dance. I guess now it's a bit faster but there is still the trade off with the experience.
what ?
Image Image
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

speedflyer wrote:
iNcog wrote:I'm quite glad with the Inca changes actually
Dont be glad , the civ is absolutely stupid tbh , it will ruin ladder again for months
Yeah I saw a few changes and thought they were good, which I think they are. But they overbuffed for sure
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

yurashic wrote:Good changes. Now nerf state militia and cowboys and balance is fine.
Nerf? USA feels really shit, their eco is bottoman-tier but without the pace
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

kevinitalien wrote:
Garja wrote:Depends what you mean with bizarre. Traditionally aztecs could already do a 18-20 villager age up (fast age option) using the fertility dance. I guess now it's a bit faster but there is still the trade off with the experience.
what ?
what what?
Image Image Image
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

somp wrote:
yurashic wrote:Good changes. Now nerf state militia and cowboys and balance is fine.
Nerf? USA feels really shit, their eco is bottoman-tier but without the pace
In team they can make 1 unit and all their 1v1 weaknesses don't matter anymore. Age 2 goon with 225 hp, 7.25 speed, 48 attack and 18 range for 120 gold is too good. 150 hp skirm with 4.75 speed for 35w50f is also too good.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

Garja wrote:
kevinitalien wrote:
what ?
what what?
"18-20 vills with fast age", you mean age 1 ? never seen an age up at 18-20 vills and "18-20 vills" :hmm:, had to be more precise because 18-20 vills it is a very big difference or i did not understand anything in what you write then xD
Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

kevinitalien wrote:
Garja wrote:
Show hidden quotes
what what?
"18-20 vills with fast age", you mean age 1 ? never seen an age up at 18-20 vills and "18-20 vills" :hmm:, had to be more precise because 18-20 vills it is a very big difference or i did not understand anything in what you write then xD
After ur first shipment you change war priest to fast dance and just train 18 or 19 vils and fast at and you’re up at 430 but with way more vils visa euro civ that’s up at the same time.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

It's a very old school way to play age1. I've seen it couple times from old recs. Basically just fertility dance from the start so that you can squeeze extra vills in age1 and then use the fast age up to get a somewhat standard time (around 4.15 or so).
Don't personally like it. Xp is just more valuable in modern meta.
gibson wrote:After ur first shipment you change war priest to fast dance and just train 18 or 19 vils and fast at and you’re up at 430 but with way more vils visa euro civ that’s up at the same time.
That's what I used to do as in improvement to just xp dance in age1 but again it's not worth it because tempo and xp are better than the extra vill in current meta. I guess that with 2wp it might be more appealing as everything is boosted, meaning exact same age up time, less xp loss and even better eco due to the slightly faster vill training rate early on.
Image Image Image
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Nojirex wrote:Not mentioned in the changelog but now Aztec starts with 2 Warrior Priests.
They confirmed that it is a bug.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/933110/d ... 219877798/
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

October Update – Build # 47288

Fixed several bugs with the new Large maps
Fixed an issue where the French AI would not gather from food crates
Fixes for missing starting hunts on NE and Yucatan maps
Added missing fire pit to the Inca Volcano customisation
Addressed some gameplay and balance issues identified in the previous PUP build
Corrected Kancha strings to display number 16 (instead of 12) since this is how much population they now support
Fix for AI not attacking walls which are blocking paths to other targets
Fixed for Inca cards' tooltips not mentioning the free Chasqui
Fix for the Cajamarca Support card showing the wrong coin cost
Fixed Akan warchief and Berber Sultan Chaos ability not working
Fix for Patrolling units pursue unseen enemies across map and occasionally not resume patrolling after eliminating enemies
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

EliteRifleman wrote:
Nojirex wrote:Not mentioned in the changelog but now Aztec starts with 2 Warrior Priests.
They confirmed that it is a bug.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/933110/d ... 219877798/
ironically it would've been a good bug
Image Image Image
Brazil Youssef
Skirmisher
ESO: Youssef2709

Post by Youssef »

starting with 2 wp would be a huge buff, but an extra wp with all age up options can be a decent buff imo
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

yeah i've been saying could add a wp to some ageups
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.