October Update – Build # 46542

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Re: October Update – Build # 46542

Post by Squamiger »

the fact that there even is a 2 wp age 1 bug means that someone was fiddling around with it, most likely, meaning they are thinking about how to change aztec, right? or else otherwise how would a bug like this occur?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I'd take 3wp age1 card btw
Image Image Image
United States of America Seamonk
Musketeer

Post by Seamonk »

Squamiger wrote:the fact that there even is a 2 wp age 1 bug means that someone was fiddling around with it, most likely, meaning they are thinking about how to change aztec, right? or else otherwise how would a bug like this occur?
Pessimistic view:
Since this is the Inca patch, they might have just been looking at community plaza rates to adjust Inca's start. Trying to dial it in so that they don't get twice the benefit a war priest would give. Then they forgot to revert after the comparison test. So never intended to make Aztec better, but rather get a bench mark of what the start would look like.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Crates changed, 400 wood, 300 food and 1 llama.
Mexico Plutonic
Crossbow

Post by Plutonic »

EliteRifleman wrote:Image

Crates changed, 400 wood, 300 food and 1 llama.
Divine Interjection
No Flag Kanoo
Skirmisher

Post by Kanoo »

Does India warrant +10w for a house? It was never OP, right?
thebritish wrote:
19 Jan 2016, 09:58
So, you are saying that if i watch H20's rec, i can beat anyone below H20's level because i know his BO?
United States of America abeisfriend
Musketeer

Post by abeisfriend »

did they change Inca from 3 llama back to 1?
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

The additional Warrior Priest was a bug introduced due to ongoing work on the upcoming Empire Wars gamemode which, as you can imagine, has an alternative set of starting units
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Interjection wrote:The additional Warrior Priest was a bug introduced due to ongoing work on the upcoming Empire Wars gamemode which, as you can imagine, has an alternative set of starting units
LETS GO!!!
mad cuz bad
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Interjection wrote:The additional Warrior Priest was a bug introduced due to ongoing work on the upcoming Empire Wars gamemode which, as you can imagine, has an alternative set of starting units
Doesn't aoe3 get going fast enough? What do we need an EW mode for ??
India iron_turtle
Skirmisher
ESO: iron_turtle

Post by iron_turtle »

Fast imperials, lets gooo!
United States of America Dolphincup
Musketeer
ESO: Dolphincup

Post by Dolphincup »

aaryngend wrote:
Doesn't aoe3 get going fast enough? What do we need an EW mode for ??
could be 5 mins faster, why not?
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon

Post by EliteRifleman »

New
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

I've tried to play Inca and lost 300+ mmr in two weeks. After this new update I'm still not sure what's the "point" of this civ, or rather, what does the designer want us to play Inca. For example, British spam houses and take control of the map, French and German tends to go semiFF, Spain just go fortress and cannons. And what about Inca?
They don't have house boom now, instead they have decent eco (but not good as boomy civs), decent colonial units (but not OP as India Japan etc), weird fortress units. Early rush, late colonial, fortress or even industrial: they can do everything but none of them are as good. Native is the only "unique" thing of Inca, but it depends too much on the map and the 2 travois can't build TP now.
It's also a pity that llamas are designed to do something different (just likes yaks for African civs), but they didn't. 4 llamas dance as one villager is just too stupid, you still have to kill them asap for a faster age up, and it makes no difference with food crates. Failed design.

In current patch, I would chop 30 wood for a TP and a house, age up with 15p (eat 1-2 llamas) with messenger, and send 250 gold TC+warhut shipment. Inca can easily age up between 3:30, and travois can be sent at the chasqui at any place of the map. It's just like a more aggressive version of colonial Portuguese.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Llamas should dance at fire pit as 1/2 or 1/3 vills. And it would be OK if it enables player to train llamas from Firepit or Kancha Houses.
Brazil DNLgibraltar
Skirmisher

Post by DNLgibraltar »

fei123456 wrote:I've tried to play Inca and lost 300+ mmr in two weeks. After this new update I'm still not sure what's the "point" of this civ, or rather, what does the designer want us to play Inca. For example, British spam houses and take control of the map, French and German tends to go semiFF, Spain just go fortress and cannons. And what about Inca?
They don't have house boom now, instead they have decent eco (but not good as boomy civs), decent colonial units (but not OP as India Japan etc), weird fortress units. Early rush, late colonial, fortress or even industrial: they can do everything but none of them are as good. Native is the only "unique" thing of Inca, but it depends too much on the map and the 2 travois can't build TP now.
It's also a pity that llamas are designed to do something different (just likes yaks for African civs), but they didn't. 4 llamas dance as one villager is just too stupid, you still have to kill them asap for a faster age up, and it makes no difference with food crates. Failed design.

In current patch, I would chop 30 wood for a TP and a house, age up with 15p (eat 1-2 llamas) with messenger, and send 250 gold TC+warhut shipment. Inca can easily age up between 3:30, and travois can be sent at the chasqui at any place of the map. It's just like a more aggressive version of colonial Portuguese.
It's always bothered me the fact Inca are the most stacked civilization in the game and the devs keep stacking this civ. Ridiculous booming, Ridiculous turtling, Minor civ shenaningans, solid units by themselves, cheap and powerful cards, they can do a good rush (not as good as Lakota but better than most "standard" civs)...

Failed design.
I think they are better than Sweden. Anything is.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

DNLgibraltar wrote:
fei123456 wrote:I've tried to play Inca and lost 300+ mmr in two weeks. After this new update I'm still not sure what's the "point" of this civ, or rather, what does the designer want us to play Inca. For example, British spam houses and take control of the map, French and German tends to go semiFF, Spain just go fortress and cannons. And what about Inca?

It's always bothered me the fact Inca are the most stacked civilization in the game and the devs keep stacking this civ. Ridiculous booming, Ridiculous turtling, Minor civ shenaningans, solid units by themselves, cheap and powerful cards, they can do a good rush (not as good as Lakota but better than most "standard" civs)...
The reason I think is that its a bit of jack of all trade, master of none. it can do a lot of things, but can be countered by another civ doing what it does well better.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon

Post by EliteRifleman »

EliteRifleman wrote:
The Elder (Age 1 → Age 2): Now grants Lumber Ceremony (250) and Forest People Ceremony (385) – We will be playing close attention to this politician and will make further adjustments as necessary
Hey, I don't know what you think, but a 40% lumber collection and 635 free beef is seen as the future Inca goal.