Aussie Drongo -Good or bad for the game/community

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Re: Aussie Drongo -Good or bad for the game/community

Post by Challenger_Marco »

oldskool_bro wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Opinions were already shared everyone was positive about drongo so what's the point after this ,what are you gonna do with it? you still haven't answered my question yet ,when the world is 99.9% right and and someone belief's 0.00000000001% shit gets taken down ,not everything can go your way or as you wish this is not a fantasy world.

I donā€™t judge u for ur opinion
If you don't judge opinions ,why you feel attacked then?
:nwc:
No Flag oldskool_bro
Musketeer

Post by oldskool_bro »

Maybe I wanna say that I donā€™t wanna insult someone. If I insult Iā€™m sorry.
Germany Oliveza
Pro Player
ESO: Oliveza

Post by Oliveza »

@Pennis234
:mds: > BIGS
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
chris1089 wrote:Stupid thread. Not even a question. Obviously Drongo was and is good for the community. Ridiculous, unpleasant behaviour.
Then why isn't the thread taken down?
I think it's serving the opposite purpose of the intent. Basically a Drongo appreciation thread which I like very much.
Pakistan comradecommissar
Dragoon
ESO: ComradeCommissar

Post by comradecommissar »

What a stupid fucking thread. Drongo doesn't owe this community anything. In fact, its the reverse. We owe him for all he's done the last year. Will I miss his AOE3 streams and content? Yes! Am I fucking happy he is getting a shot at becoming really big with AOE4? Fuck yes. He comes off as an amazing guy, and I genuinely want to see him as one of the top streamers anywhere. Go grasp at some other straws to project your sadness on. This isn't it.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:
chris1089 wrote:Stupid thread. Not even a question. Obviously Drongo was and is good for the community. Ridiculous, unpleasant behaviour.
Cuz of fat nOeL. These type of threads create dramas, more spicy the dramas more the viewers. Eventually some of them transform into paying ESOC subscribers and youtube watchers. = More revenue = nOeL can avoid more taxes. After paltry $525 prize pool which is actually less than donated amount on stream for EPL3, I am convinced this whole site is now just a big scam for nOeL to avoid taxes.
Why are you always such a gigantic asshole? The grand total of donations during EPL3 amounts to ... $22.48. Which brings us to the total prize pool of $525.

There is literally not a single person on this forums, perhaps on this planet, that appreciates your presence. The only thing you do is spread bullshit, insult others, and create a negative atmosphere. Please leave.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

I wonder once the aoe4 hype dies down in 6months or so and aoe3 player base still remains healthy (small but healthy), will there be someone to take the mantle for aoe3? I know sumarai had the casual for a few years but wonder if someone else will rise up. Aoe3 has some loyal casual players and the game is different enough from aoe4
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It took years for the tournament scene to recover from SC2. I imagine it'll be similar this time
Netherlands steppenwolf
Crossbow
ESO: Steppenwolf_

Post by steppenwolf »

the initial topic seems to fade since everyone s serving olskool_rts with hate.
wouldnt like to be in your skin @oldskool_bro , asking others kind, whats on their mind. :biggrin:
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

I don't think anyone is "hating" the guy or even insulting him. It's just that there is some humoristic value in the fact that the guy tried to throw some shade and was fishing for reactions agreeing with him, but then the Pro-Drongo-Wave hit.

edit: and no matter whether you intended to have an open discussion or not, the way the thread is named just implies you are fishing for negative comments. I am no psychologist or linguist so i probably can't really explain this well, but if you ask a question with two options, one of which being the "natural", accepted option and the other being a "controversial" one, it kinda transmits the message that you are of the latter opinion, and want your listeners to agree. If you were to ask "Is the Sky blue or green?" everyone would automatically assume that you are a weirdo conspriacy dude thinking the sky is green and manipulated or something, because there is no apparent reason why else you would ask the question, since it doesn't seem to make sense. This is a similar case. For most of us, there was no logical reason as to why drongo could possibly be bad for the community. Which is btw. also why i clicked on the thread, i was really interested in knowing what fabricated reasoning someone could come up with.
No Flag Sirchillchill
Crossbow

Post by Sirchillchill »

oldskool_bro wrote:now that aussie Drongo has withdrawn from aoe3 we can talk about whether it was a curse or a blessing for the game/community.

Feel free to write what u want Iā€™m interested at all opinions
Even your lame topic proved a blessing for the game/community, showed you how much community loves Drongo - the blessing for the game/community.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Cuz of fat nOeL. These type of threads create dramas, more spicy the dramas more the viewers. Eventually some of them transform into paying ESOC subscribers and youtube watchers. = More revenue = nOeL can avoid more taxes. After paltry $525 prize pool which is actually less than donated amount on stream for EPL3, I am convinced this whole site is now just a big scam for nOeL to avoid taxes.
Why are you always such a gigantic asshole? The grand total of donations during EPL3 amounts to ... $22.48. Which brings us to the total prize pool of $525.

There is literally not a single person on this forums, perhaps on this planet, that appreciates your presence. The only thing you do is spread bullshit, insult others, and create a negative atmosphere. Please leave.
This is from 27th oct. So you are the one having inaccurate data either on stream or you are just posting half the data currently, so what it is? Liar or incompetent? Either way not my fault.
Attachments
EPL.JPG
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

drongo is a chap, 10/10, always nice too

he's done a lot and deserves recognition
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America abeisfriend
Musketeer

Post by abeisfriend »

@Aussie_Drongo thank you for all the good content over the past year or so man. Really revitalized my love for the game and I'm so glad you started making videos. I'm not an AOE4 guy but I wish you all the best as you try to rise to the top of aoe4 content creators. You're a humble and chill dude who deserves all the good things coming to you. Hope you know that myself and 99.9999% of your thousands of supporters from AOE3 are with you all the way big man. Cheers
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

clickbaits are bad, we should remain poor in protest against stupid consumerism
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

pecelot wrote:clickbaits are bad, we should remain poor in protest against stupid consumerism
That's cringe
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

@princeofcarthage its n0el, zero not an O. Get it right.
mad cuz bad
Retired Contributor

Got it. Zero just like your tax :shock:
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:
Don't want to butt in, but responses like these just doesn't help anybody. You can do better
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

@n0el zero just like your tax
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young childā€™s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Surprising that some people have the ability to get out of bed and dress themself.

User was warned for this post.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

princeofcarthage wrote:Got it. Zero just like your tax :shock:
d0nald taught me
mad cuz bad
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
pecelot wrote:clickbaits are bad, we should remain poor in protest against stupid consumerism
That's cringe
as much as it's obvious that people need to pay their 0 taxes with something, I wouldn't be able to indulge in making more dosh or getting more views by dumbing down my content ā€” if I were a creator
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:
New pasta
Retired Contributor

JKProwler wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Don't want to butt in, but responses like these just doesn't help anybody. You can do better
That is not meant to be serious. Sometime ago someone said that website or whatever was registered or that donations account probably is in his name. I don't know how it works but apparently it helps him reduce taxes. (I could be wrong or my memory could be wrong. Or that they were joking and I misunderstood it.) Now I have nothing against it and if it works for him very good for him. Since there is this new wave of tax sentiment going on in US I am making fun of him. Fat n0el is a meme.