Aussie Drongo -Good or bad for the game/community

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag oldskool_bro
Musketeer

Aussie Drongo -Good or bad for the game/community

Post by oldskool_bro »

now that aussie Drongo has withdrawn from aoe3 we can talk about whether it was a curse or a blessing for the game/community.

Feel free to write what u want I’m interested at all opinions
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: Aussie Drongo -Good or bad for the game/community

Post by harcha »

I don't see why it would have been bad. Can anyone explain?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

No idea
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Sweden Aussie_Drongo
Skirmisher
ESO: Darkalbino_

Post by Aussie_Drongo »

Same guy that posted this (he changed his discord name).

Not sure what your deal is mate, but if you could stop micromanaging what I do with my time that would be great.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Absolutely incredible for the community, both AoE3 and AoE4. The man has put in countless (unpaid) hours for ESOC tournaments and has been an AoE3 player for most of his life. To say that Aussie (ab)used the AoE3 community as a stepping stone to AoE4 is not only insulting to him but also untrue and extremely disrespectful to the man.

The only grudge I have is the clickbait titles that he uses. I really don't like clickbait titles and I cannot believe I still click on the videos.

I hope he can achieve the success that he desires in AoE4 and that he doesn't get drowned out by mid-tier SC2 players who have failed there and are now looking for a second chance. Either way, I'll always be thankful for his contributions.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

oldskool_bro wrote:now that aussie Drongo has withdrawn from aoe3 we can talk about whether it was a curse or a blessing for the game/community.

Feel free to write what u want I’m interested at all opinions
What a strange thing to post
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

Aussie is an absolute top chap, and has done some great work for both games. We love you @Aussie_Drongo <3
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner

Post by samwise12 »

I also want to take this opportunity to say how great it is to see Aussie thriving on twitch, all the hard work and hours over the past year is paying off. The streams over the past few weeks have been amazing and very entertaining.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Drongo has been a fantastic contributor to the community. His passion for the game was unmistakable in every video and every stream, and I absolutely loved watching every minute of it.

I hope he is just as successful in AoE4 as he is in the AoE3 community.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

I guess some people are jealous of the success he can have, and i think it's deserved considering the ton of time he's spent making aoe 3 and aoe 4 content lol
Image Image
Uzbekistan Timurid
Skirmisher
ESO: Trained Spahi

Post by Timurid »

@Aussie_Drongo we love you mate! Keep on doing what you love. haters gonna hate.
:flowers:

P.S. thanks for over the top plugging for takk cafe during your casts
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Why this thread has options in first place when the answer is clearly "good"? Secondly why do you want to hear other ppl's opinion & what will you do with it at the end?

You are making your own assumptions he abandoned the community ,aoe4 was released like a week ago and before that there was beta after all the hard work it shouldn't be an issue if he takes off some months off from aoe3 to focus aoe4 ,note that new civ for aoe3 is coming he will be back for that ,without drongo's community i think i would miss many ppl ,friends & discussions thanks to aussie making my time pass thru this covid scenario.
:nwc:
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Need more wedding man Drongo pics imo
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:The only grudge I have is the clickbait titles that he uses. I really don't like clickbait titles and I cannot believe I still click on the videos.
Honestly that is very normal on youtube. You're kinda left behind if you don't do that.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

To me it seemed pretty clear from the beginning that he to some degree wanted to use AoE3 to develop his brand in preparation for the release of AoE4. I have nothing wrong with that, that's just intelligent business practice. He provided great AoE3 content and revitalized the community in a way unlike any other AoE3 content creator had before. Thank you for everything you've done Drongo!
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag oldskool_bro
Musketeer

Post by oldskool_bro »

Aussie_Drongo wrote:Same guy that posted this (he changed his discord name).

Not sure what your deal is mate, but if you could stop micromanaging what I do with my time that would be great.

Yeah. I’m not gonna lie that was me on on ur discord. And u don’t have to read what I’m writing tbh.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Darwin_ wrote:To me it seemed pretty clear from the beginning that he to some degree wanted to use AoE3 to develop his brand in preparation for the release of AoE4. I have nothing wrong with that, that's just intelligent business practice. He provided great AoE3 content and revitalized the community in a way unlike any other AoE3 content creator had before. Thank you for everything you've done Drongo!
I consider everyone who doesn't regularly play AoE 3 for the rest of their lives to be a traitor to the cause
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

oldskool_bro wrote: Yeah. I’m not gonna lie that was me on on ur discord. And u don’t have to read what I’m writing tbh.
Why did you join aussie's discord in first place to type that in a public channel and thinking he won't read it ?
No Flag oldskool_bro
Musketeer

Post by oldskool_bro »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
oldskool_bro wrote: Yeah. I’m not gonna lie that was me on on ur discord. And u don’t have to read what I’m writing tbh.
Why did you join aussie's discord in first place to type that in a public channel and thinking he won't read it ?

i mean this topic
No Flag oldskool_bro
Musketeer

Post by oldskool_bro »

I've heard from some people they are really angry because he doesn't bring any more content. and they feel betrayed. that's why I opened this topic here. maybe the headline is a bit harsh. if you want to earn a living on twitch and youtube everyone should do what makes them most successful.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Even if this was true, it's weird to me that people are so offended by streamers possibly making decisions that improve their revenue.
Regardless I don't see how a talented streamer giving AoE3 some love could possibly have been bad for the game.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

He cleared this question already on his stream he will mostly do aoe4 content and in future for aoe3 he will do 20-40% of content.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Goodspeed wrote:Even if this was true, it's weird to me that people are so offended by streamers possibly making decisions that improve their revenue.
Exactly, it's basically how any other career works ...

Anyways it's irrelevant in this case as anyone who's been around aoe3 will know that not that only is it not true but that it's complete bollocks. Gl to @Aussie_Drongo , best aoe4 streamer there is atm. Hopefully will be casting genesis.
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

Aoe 4 is where the future is at, Drongo has already done so much for this community. His presence brough hype to the game and his communication with EGCTV has allowed us to have insane prize pools for some of the recent tourneys, it makes sense that he is focusing on aoe4 and I wish him all the best as I want to see him become successful there.
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner

Post by samwise12 »

oldskool_bro wrote:I've heard from some people they are really angry because he doesn't bring any more content. and they feel betrayed. that's why I opened this topic here. maybe the headline is a bit harsh. if you want to earn a living on twitch and youtube everyone should do what makes them most successful.
I really can't undertand this mindset. Why would anyone feel betrayed? He is under no obligation to provide you or anyone else with AOE3 content only. He was always very open about moving AOE4 when it was released so it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.