Current civ tier list

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Re: Current civ tier list

Post by Joe »

Garja wrote:
Kartoffel Joe wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:most port changes all pretty much universal, you can't call them port nerfs. It's just adjusting the game
sure but they hit port the hardest, u could give port xp crate like usa has to compensate for tc xp nerf. besides water maps port is clearly trash tier now
The TC xp is a buff.

How is port trash tier on water maps lol?
"besides water" lol
No Flag turnuva
Crossbow

Post by turnuva »

kevinitalien wrote:
turnuva wrote: cassadors have around 50% lesser hp than regular skirms
I will explain the design of this unit to you: the unit has 4.50 speed with less hp than a classic skirm but more range resist, which means that the unit fights very well against other skirms (even better since 4.50 speed and more rr), the unit is very mobile which is not the case with other skirms, the unit mainly costs food and 35 gold i believe (which is cheaper than a classic skirm btw and just as strong) and of course the unit has the design to die easily vs melee cav and the falc since it has a very good mobility and a lower cost than the other skirm and ofc less HP ( make sense right ), and if you lose cassador against pike you just suck tbh
So, having 0.5 speed makes all these other disadvantages cassadors have legit? If you have that kind of logic, that means your iq is below 50 but that's another topic anyway, Cassadors aren't better than skirms in skirm fights, they used to be actually worse and now it's equal nothing else. And against rest, cassadors are worse than skirms so I don't get the 0.5 speed mobility being a great advantage in a game which has "snare" mechanic if you didn't know.
Cringe Map Maker wrote:let me know when microsoft publishes some of your maps
No Flag turnuva
Crossbow

Post by turnuva »

Kartoffel Joe wrote:
Garja wrote:
Show hidden quotes
The TC xp is a buff.

"besides water" lol
Having ability to actually read should be a mandatory to discuss I believe.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

turnuva wrote:
kevinitalien wrote:
I will explain the design of this unit to you: the unit has 4.50 speed with less hp than a classic skirm but more range resist, which means that the unit fights very well against other skirms (even better since 4.50 speed and more rr), the unit is very mobile which is not the case with other skirms, the unit mainly costs food and 35 gold i believe (which is cheaper than a classic skirm btw and just as strong) and of course the unit has the design to die easily vs melee cav and the falc since it has a very good mobility and a lower cost than the other skirm and ofc less HP ( make sense right ), and if you lose cassador against pike you just suck tbh
So, having 0.5 speed makes all these other disadvantages cassadors have legit? If you have that kind of logic, that means your iq is below 50 but that's another topic anyway, Cassadors aren't better than skirms in skirm fights, they used to be actually worse and now it's equal nothing else. And against rest, cassadors are worse than skirms so I don't get the 0.5 speed mobility being a great advantage in a game which has "snare" mechanic if you didn't know.
Why are you assuming there must be a symmetrical civ design and that a civ can't have different advantages and weaknesses to other civs?
No Flag turnuva
Crossbow

Post by turnuva »

chris1089 wrote:
turnuva wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Why are you assuming there must be a symmetrical civ design and that a civ can't have different advantages and weaknesses to other civs?
I'm not assuming it, in fact, every civ should have some sort of strenght and weakness, that's the core mechanic of aoe3 aswell. what I discuss here is one civ has more disadvantages than other civs and gets effected more by the universal changes than other civs aswell, in that regard it results specific civs to perform weaker overall. I know it's not easiest thing to balance a civ in aoe3 since civs are so much unique but still, even when you look at how much ports used to be played 4-5 months ago and now, you could draw the conclusion that the cv is almost never played at top level now which actually speaks for itself imo, at that point it feels like rather than balancing, it just turned out to put a civ under unplayable tier which is looking like the case here.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

turnuva wrote:
kevinitalien wrote:
So I summarize: you say my iq is low but you played a ton of game ports and you are not even able to understand how cassadors work, you still forget that cassadors are cheaper unless you don't know, and you still forget the rr which is much higher unless you do not know, and i am the weak IQ, you are the only one who does not understand the functioning and the design of this unit, but excuse me i have below 50 iq you you are top 1 we are not of your caliber after all, my bad
Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

what a waste of time
Image Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Kartoffel Joe wrote:
Garja wrote:
Show hidden quotes
The TC xp is a buff.

"besides water" lol
I misread it but it would have helped if you used "aside from", because "besides" is also a way to introduce another concept.
Anyway, ports are not trash tier on land maps.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Trying to argue with breeze is so 2020 guys, don't bother
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag turnuva
Crossbow

Post by turnuva »

Trying to argue with kaiser feels like arguing with flath earthers both makes no sense ngl.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

turnuva wrote:Trying to argue with kaiser feels like arguing with flath earthers both makes no sense ngl.
i dont know a nice way to tell you this, but you're in the wrong here
No Flag turnuva
Crossbow

Post by turnuva »

dansil92 wrote:
turnuva wrote:Trying to argue with kaiser feels like arguing with flath earthers both makes no sense ngl.
I also don't know a nice way to tell you this, like you are in a capable position to judge who is right or wrong, maybe just stick to making meaningless maps, even that is better than being a blind follower. Ah also, don't quote me please, not meaning you but I'm generally not interested in arguing with cringe guys ty.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Was worried with aoe 4 but 10/10 thread so far boys keep it up

Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

turnuva wrote:
dansil92 wrote:
I also don't know a nice way to tell you this, like you are in a capable position to judge who is right or wrong, maybe just stick to making meaningless maps, even that is better than being a blind follower. Ah also, don't quote me please, not meaning you but I'm generally not interested in arguing with cringe guys ty.
maybe just stick to meaningless posts and dont quote me im not interested in arguing with cringe guys k bye
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

turnuva wrote:
dansil92 wrote:
let me know when microsoft publishes some of your maps, k bye
No Flag turnuva
Crossbow

Post by turnuva »

/ignore The Cringe
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

turnuva wrote:
dansil92 wrote:
not a blind follower, you're just being a blind contrarian
No Flag turnuva
Crossbow

Post by turnuva »

Obviously this feature should include Cringe map makers.
Can't ignore the cringe.png
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

turnuva wrote:Obviously this feature should include Cringe map makers.
Can't ignore the cringe.png
like i said, let me know when Microsoft publishes something you make
No Flag turnuva
Crossbow

Post by turnuva »

I have contributed tens of balance changes to this game, before and after DE release. Everyone involved in it knows that, not like I'm a cringe attention seeking guy to self promote what I did for community or the game at all. In fact. I was the one who suggested & promoted all those water mechanic nerfs to make it more playable and soft for everyone, but later on, 2 players in the patch team started flaming/attacking and eventually blackmailed patch team to not contribute to the game as soon as I'm involved in the patch making process just because of personal reasons, I personally left the patch team and decided to contribute alone just for the patch to involve everyone eventhough I did nothing wrong. Even patch team leader himself said that, yet these guys are still there, I'm not complaining about it. One of them had messaged me about how he wants to see specific strats on the ground and will try his best because he can't admit losing to don artie's port and so on. Everyone involved in the patch knows what had happened.

Recently I don't have direct connection in the patch making process but I still don't complain about it, it's all up to devs, what is problematic is a group is constantly abusing their existence with knowing they won't have any opposition to any change they want to be added or removed, simply that's why potential port buffs were prevented 2 months ago aswell. It's not my problem but defenitely puts a big question mark to balance changes. Not gonna give any names since I have respect to devs that are in the charge of making the balance, but yeah, a blind follower simply can't decide between what is right or wrong, only matters for a blind follower is showing his cringe behaviours without knowing what is going behind the scene.
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher
ESO: Senor_boe

Post by Senor_Boe »

breeze's such a badass :love:
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

a wild breeze appears!
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

saying cringe every sentence is pretty cringe ngl
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

turnuva wrote:Recently I don't have direct connection in the patch making process but I still don't complain about it, it's all up to devs, what is problematic is a group is constantly abusing their existence with knowing they won't have any opposition to any change they want to be added or removed, simply that's why potential port buffs were prevented 2 months ago aswell. It's not my problem but defenitely puts a big question mark to balance changes. Not gonna give any names since I have respect to devs that are in the charge of making the balance, but yeah, a blind follower simply can't decide between what is right or wrong, only matters for a blind follower is showing his cringe behaviours without knowing what is going behind the scene.
and you you are the only one who knows perfectly the balance of the game, you understand everything in the game, you try to tell the truth about the conspiracy but nobody listens to you, only you can restore the balance of the game, you who say that the cassador lose against pike can solve everythings !!!
( thank you i have a good laugh at the ton of bullshit you can say btw )
Image Image
No Flag turnuva
Crossbow

Post by turnuva »

kevinitalien wrote:
turnuva wrote:Recently I don't have direct connection in the patch making process but I still don't complain about it, it's all up to devs, what is problematic is a group is constantly abusing their existence with knowing they won't have any opposition to any change they want to be added or removed, simply that's why potential port buffs were prevented 2 months ago aswell. It's not my problem but defenitely puts a big question mark to balance changes. Not gonna give any names since I have respect to devs that are in the charge of making the balance, but yeah, a blind follower simply can't decide between what is right or wrong, only matters for a blind follower is showing his cringe behaviours without knowing what is going behind the scene.
and you you are the only one who knows perfectly the balance of the game, you understand everything in the game, you try to tell the truth about the conspiracy but nobody listens to you, only you can restore the balance of the game, you who say that the cassador lose against pike can solve everythings !!!
( thank you i have a good laugh at the ton of bullshit you can say btw )
Cassadors lose to pike? Not only me but your boss also says it, think about it again. Other than that I hope you get well soon because living with bipolar disorder is not an easy one. Literally you have been attacking me since months, I'm telling you flaming people on internet won't help you recover your disease but as I said, get well soon :flowers:
Attachments
Kaiser.png