Current civ tier list

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Re: Current civ tier list

Post by kevinitalien »

turnuva wrote:
kevinitalien wrote:
turnuva wrote:Recently I don't have direct connection in the patch making process but I still don't complain about it, it's all up to devs, what is problematic is a group is constantly abusing their existence with knowing they won't have any opposition to any change they want to be added or removed, simply that's why potential port buffs were prevented 2 months ago aswell. It's not my problem but defenitely puts a big question mark to balance changes. Not gonna give any names since I have respect to devs that are in the charge of making the balance, but yeah, a blind follower simply can't decide between what is right or wrong, only matters for a blind follower is showing his cringe behaviours without knowing what is going behind the scene.
and you you are the only one who knows perfectly the balance of the game, you understand everything in the game, you try to tell the truth about the conspiracy but nobody listens to you, only you can restore the balance of the game, you who say that the cassador lose against pike can solve everythings !!!
( thank you i have a good laugh at the ton of bullshit you can say btw )
Cassadors lose to pike? Not only me but your boss also says it, think about it again. Other than that I hope you get well soon because living with bipolar disorder is not an easy one. Literally you have been attacking me since months, I'm telling you flaming people on internet won't help you recover your disease but as I said, get well soon :flowers:
Said the guy when i beat him and who doesn't stream insult my mother while insulting me aswell, you know this game with my dutch against your USA and don't pretend not to know or to say it's not true AHAH
I think you should get the documents out of the conspiracy theory problem, it might help you i think

Btw you don't even know the difference when someone is ironic cause clearly kaiser is laughing at you lmao
Image Image
No Flag turnuva
Crossbow

Post by turnuva »

broken english with crack head, suddenly trying to change the subject. Not worth of my time anymore haha.
Cringe Map Maker wrote:let me know when microsoft publishes some of your maps
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

turnuva wrote:broken english with crack head, suddenly trying to change the subject. Not worth of my time anymore haha.
yeah its weird its always turns into conversations like this one when we try to discuss with you, always the others who flame, always the others who aggress, always the others who do not understand anything and yet all conversations end like this with you, it's strange tbh
Image Image
No Flag a forum ghost
Musketeer

Post by a forum ghost »

turnuva wrote: Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. I was the one who suggested & promoted all those water mechanic nerfs that I am complaining about right now, but later on, 2 players with a high echelon on the semi-ff gang that where present in the patch team started flaming/attacking and eventually blackmailed the patch team to not contribute to the as game as soon as I'm involved in the patch making process just because of personal reasons, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla, semi-ff gang boycotted me, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla .

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. Bla bla. Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. They nerfed Ports because they could not beat them with their semi-ff, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.
Yes, yes, YEEEEES!!!

It was so weird seeing you being so reasonable on the first post!!! That's was the stuff I was expecting when I saw your name on the thread!!!

God I'm so fucking horny here right now!!! Image

I'm gonna copypasta the shit out those paragraphs on the upcoming tournaments!
No Flag turnuva
Crossbow

Post by turnuva »

Attachments
Summary of the thread.png
Cringe Map Maker wrote:let me know when microsoft publishes some of your maps
No Flag a forum ghost
Musketeer

Post by a forum ghost »

Hehe... Pretending that was not you annoying Garja that started all this :lol:
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

turnuva wrote:broken english with crack head, suddenly trying to change the subject. Not worth of my time anymore haha.
User was permanently banned for this post and other posts in this thread (as well as even older posts that have since been edited by the user to avoid confrontation).
fightinfrenchman wrote:Basically when a mod adds red text saying that a user has been banned, they should specify how long the ban is for. Otherwise us regular users don't have access to that information and can't predict when our favorite posters will be posting again.
Like this?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

edeholland wrote:
User was permanently banned for this post and other posts in this thread (as well as even older posts that have since been edited by the user to avoid confrontation).
fightinfrenchman wrote:Basically when a mod adds red text saying that a user has been banned, they should specify how long the ban is for. Otherwise us regular users don't have access to that information and can't predict when our favorite posters will be posting again.
Like this?
I'd do it differently
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Like this?
I'd do it differently
Edit the post instead?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

i shouldn't have tagged him, it's always the same thing with this guy
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

edeholland wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I'd do it differently
Edit the post instead?
I can't tell you, only show you when I'm a mod
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Ngl breeze was rambling so incoherent in this thread he should run for US president.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

#modtheear
:nwc:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

kevinitalien wrote:Btw you don't even know the difference when someone is ironic cause clearly kaiser is laughing at you lmao
Lmao he actually took me seriously when I trolled about pikes beating cassadores, this is hilarious
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America gagootz
Crossbow

Post by gagootz »

This is a good thread guys keep it coming. Glad to see the heart and soul of aoe3 is still staying strong even after the release of aoe4
#modtheear
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

EliteRifleman wrote:https://tiermaker.com/create/age-of-emp ... lc-1132134

Since the other guy never updated the tier list, I took the liberty of making a new one.

EJ with the opinion of LazarosVas
age-of-empires-iii-civilizations-tier-list-maker-with-dlc-1132134-1636808943.png

Update, now mexico is add.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Probably a little biased but I am happy with this (probably dont actually know where Mex/US/Africa should go but oh well)
Attachments
my-image.png
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

i feel like USA is at least A tier
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I'm speculating on Mexico. I've only built the deck (lol) for now but from what I've seen I guess the civ will be quite broken till it gets nerfed.
China might also be S tier but I put it in A tier just to be safe and don't risk to overvalueate the civ. Same thing for Brits. These two civs might also be slightly better than other A tier civs.
Not sure about Japan being in the middle of A tier, I might be overvalueating the civ a bit now that they got the starting crates nerfed.
I'm not sure about USA. They might be A tier or even S tier. I just didn't test any new strat post patch so I'm trying to gauge based on the old FF strat+new cards or speculate on age2 play which was also good and now can benefit from different age up choices since the the capitol card is not State-dependant anymore.
Other B tier civs might as well be A tier or close to that, including Aztecs which however require double the effort to compete with most of the civs above.
C tier civs I'm really not sure of. General consensus is that they're not great and they didn't receive any buff recently (except Russia which was D tier tho) so I assume their rating is rather safe. Maybe Russia is actually better than this now. Surely it got more potential than the other C tier civs (and more than most B tier civs) but still has the tradional weaknesses should still be there.
Africa civs also might not be this bad but last time I playtested Hausa I coudln't get past age2 because the start felt really garbage. Seems like they have been overnerfed. Maybe it's not the case and it's just the start which is a bit slow and underwhelming. Also maybe Ethiopia compensates for that with the previously broken mechanics and it is still a strong civs.
Image Image Image
Uzbekistan Timurid
Skirmisher
ESO: Trained Spahi

Post by Timurid »

turnuva wrote:
harcha wrote:afaik breeze is the highest player who has knowledge across all civs, both land and the seas. @turnuva
Thanks for your compliment :love:

Here are my tier list and thoughts about the current balance stage of the game and some potential suggestions
Tierlist.png

S tier civs need some sort of nerf. I think Brits are the strongest civ right now followed up by USA and Inca, these 3 civs would require some sort of tweak I feel like, for Spain and Germany, they are surely good but they also got some disadvantageous MUs, I'd say nerfing spanish gold by -10 coin and removing the 2 uhlans coming with 3 sw shipment to 1 would probably be fair enough.

A tier civs mostly don't need a change imo, eventhough I would be happy to see japan getting an actual rework where they are faster early game but having limited outscaling chance in mid late game, also ashi speed should be reduced to 4.25 at least for age2 since it's not possible to prevent early ashi flanking for some civs.

B tier civs somewhat need a buff except current Aztecs I'd say, Lakota needs a rework where their raid abilities are becoming limited while adding some other options to make it useful late game, because it's currently an all in timing civ which I don't think a great thing for design purpose of a civ. Otto are probably high A tier on high ATP maps and S tier on maps like Central Plains, I think their 3 villager shipment could be changed to cost 100 food for 4 villagers so that they wouldn't be a very fast civ meanwhile having more economic options to keep up in the game. Also mosque techs could be improved further imo. Russia and Sweden clearly needs buffs but it's really hard to buff them without making them broken so that it's a risky take, Probably adding +50 food crates for Russia and give oppurtunity to sweden to deal with war wagon/howdah spam, Jaegers are sorta expensive maybe Sweden could get a special jaeger which has reduced stats but cheaper so that they can deal with those stuffs. Ah also early fusilier raids are broken by sweden which should be balanced at least for age 2 I think.

C tier civs clearly needs buff, but I also want to indicate that ports are High A tier civ on water maps and S tier civ on maps with sheep + island spawn since it gives a very different tempo advantage which makes ports age up 20-30 sec faster than usual and claim control of water earlier. Especially with the nerf to CM, ports are struggling much more against artillery spam since Organs are weaker than falconets against anything but equal against infrantry, I think giving 50 food crates back and buffing Organs would be a right direction in order to make ports playable on standard gameplay again as it is borderline unplayable civ right now. Ethiopia and Hausa needs some actual buffs that most players can agree on aswell I think, Removal of 3 vills for hausa was very significant nerf and Ethiopia feels worse than any other civ overall right now. Let's hope we will get a fix to those!
Would it make sense/possible to buff port on land maps (+50food) and nerf them on water maps?
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

@Timurid any buff to ports should simply be done through a shipment - ideally an age 1 shipment, so they would ship schooners on water maps, ATP on high TP map, and this third shipment on no-TP/low TP maps.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:@Timurid any buff to ports should simply be done through a shipment - ideally an age 1 shipment, so they would ship schooners on water maps, ATP on high TP map, and this third shipment on no-TP/low TP maps.
they already have the food up shipment (was meta at some point) or eco theory
Image Image Image
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

i feel like until the top players come back and we get a real tourney it will be pretty hard to make a tier list as accurate as the ones people were making, say, this time last year
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:@Timurid any buff to ports should simply be done through a shipment - ideally an age 1 shipment, so they would ship schooners on water maps, ATP on high TP map, and this third shipment on no-TP/low TP maps.
Somehow, I feel like Ports could be balanced if they just give them a 3 settlers card, instead of giving them a starting food gathering bonus.