Public Update Preview - February Update

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Re: Public Update Preview - February Update

Post by fei123456 »

Garja wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 03:48
These ideas seem very bad for balance.
But good for a "game".
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

EliteRifleman wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 02:31

Brits nerf, manors cost 140 :wood: now

Dutch nerf, now food crate is 50 :food:
booth should get -50 f , the 140w is a bad idea imo (main issue with brit is the early age time). also spain should get a nerf, i dont see the reason to nerf brit and dutch but leave spain as it is :hmm:
China SquidTheSid
Musketeer

Post by SquidTheSid »

Next Patch:

Inca: - New shipment (IV): All Inca units turn into Strongholds because Fuck You.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Well it would slow it down a little bit. You have to consider how gathering times stack, meaning every single of those manors will add delay compared to now. We already had this change over the course of EP balance, and it did a good job iirc.
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

jesus3 wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 13:04
Well it would slow it down a little bit. You have to consider how gathering times stack, meaning every single of those manors will add delay compared to now. We already had this change over the course of EP balance, and it did a good job iirc.
The manors build as fast as they do now. It just means they have 1 Musketeer less while doing everything else the same way as before imo.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

That's pretty much the intended effect.
Image Image Image
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Yeah i never thought i ever say this but i agree with Kartoffel on this one. It feels like they are making the same mistake as with sweden earlier where they just made torps more expensive but no other big changes in most patches.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

@Joe you might want to check if there is any changes to the bank :P I will be surprised if there will be both the crat change and a bank change for the patch.

For all those complaining about the 5w destroying brit please show yourself to the door. I will re-suggest that slowing down the manor by 5 secs (which delays 2 vills gathering wood for 5 secs = 5w) also would be a better change.

I do hope that spain can also receive a reasonable small adjusment if all the other s tier civs are

Also small changes is what we all want to see instead of knee jerk reactions. This patch looks to be a very good one with that regard
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

hope they don't touch haud (if youre a dev reading this, haud is very average mediocre civ, B tier-ish)
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 19:00
@Joe you might want to check if there is any changes to the bank :P I will be surprised if there will be both the crat change and a bank change for the patch.

For all those complaining about the 5w destroying brit please show yourself to the door. I will re-suggest that slowing down the manor by 5 secs (which delays 2 vills gathering wood for 5 secs = 5w) also would be a better change.

I do hope that spain can also receive a reasonable small adjusment if all the other s tier civs are

Also small changes is what we all want to see instead of knee jerk reactions. This patch looks to be a very good one with that regard
Who is complaining that it is too much of a nerf? Most are saying it's not enough. But I think it is, since Brits are roughly ok, despite being among top civs since forever.
5 sec nerf would be bad cause manors take already take too much to be built. If anything should reserve the -50f or 100f change in case 5-w/manor is not enough.
Image Image Image
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Post by PatrickLFC »

Garja wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 19:59
I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 19:00

Who is complaining that it is too much of a nerf? Most are saying it's not enough. But I think it is, since Brits are roughly ok, despite being among top civs since forever.
5 sec nerf would be bad cause manors take already take too much to be built. If anything should reserve the -50f or 100f change in case 5-w/manor is not enough.
They did -50 food for Brit as well?
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Post by Cleters »

Tbh giving brit the bad crates of RE would have been a better way to nerf them, no tp + manor and neither 2 manors.

Now it's just changing tempo and the cost of a building that's it since 2005, for 17 years guys, idk. The civ is not bad because of that but I don't think it is the good way to do it. It just feels like a random change and "we'll see how it work".
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Both the FP and the EP had manors cost ranging from 130w to 145w depending on the specific patch. It's not an unusual change.
"Bad crates of RE" is simply 300f 200w + the random extra crate.
Having fixed crates leads to this too, Brits having optimal start every time while Germans and Sioux having the worst one. Other civs have to be arbitrarily tuned depending on what the meta says about the civ strenght. Obviously it's a mess.
Image Image Image
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

The brits having the choice to go TP+Manor, two manors or market+Manor is great, I'm glad they nerf them in other ways rather than changing the crates start.

More generally, changes that just make a civ a bit slower and harder to play are much better than changes that invalidates whole BOs. Nerfing the crate start would kill TP+VC (not the most frequent build anyway), while +5w per manors just makes every timing a bit harder to reach.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

PatrickLFC wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 21:46
They did -50 food for Brit as well?
no
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

Cleters wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 22:10
Tbh giving brit the bad crates of RE would have been a better way to nerf them, no tp + manor and neither 2 manors.

Now it's just changing tempo and the cost of a building that's it since 2005, for 17 years guys, idk. The civ is not bad because of that but I don't think it is the good way to do it. It just feels like a random change and "we'll see how it work".
Actually, you are paying less than 150 resources for 10pop, xp, map vision(optional) and a instant villager, I don't know how everyone let that one slide for 15+ years without a nerf, seems legit for me, perhaps 150 would have been better.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Its similar for Swedes. Just that Swedes have to invest two homecity cards to improve their Torp's gathering enough for them to be comparable with a single villager and have to look for gold mines specifically. If you want to play a slow version of Brits with worse units options and a general feeling of pointlessness, take Swedes.

edit: actually, playing Swedes feels so bad that even after sending Blueberries and Engelsberg Ironworks the Torp boom feels strictly inferior than just entirely neglecting the Torp mechanic and doing a simple FF for 3 TCs.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Post by Cleters »

Jets wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 02:02
Cleters wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 22:10

Actually, you are paying less than 150 resources for 10pop, xp, map vision(optional) and a instant villager, I don't know how everyone let that one slide for 15+ years without a nerf, seems legit for me, perhaps 150 would have been better.
Nah, it's like you guys don't like how aoe3 works. You can take specificity of each civ and say it's op because other civs don't have that. Look :

-> TAD civs with 2 heros ? They can take all the unprotected treasures, and on some new maps there's like tons of free 20-30 gold that they will collect twice faster than a one explo civ.
-> Germany got a 8 skirm shipment AND get 3 free uhlans with it, isn't it time to speak about it ?
-> France has better villager, harder to raid and has the same eco with 80 vills only, which allow 120 military pop, it's clearly time to nerf that
-> Port literally got a free tc each age up and have such a fast ff which allow them to have 3 tc when most of the civs will still have one, time to nerf it.

Let's not talk about spain dogs, japan shrines, dutch banks, lakota entire civ, every new civ in DE etc...
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Banks experience nerfed

Experience and HP of manors was buffed

EDIT: Ignore manors "buffs"
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

EliteRifleman wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 15:02

Banks experience nerfed
Probably a stupid idea, considering they already removed 50f at start
EliteRifleman wrote:

Their HP hasn't changed, and the XP bounty is simply adjusted to the new cost. Though the kill XP now being 3x instead of 2x is another (small) nerf for brits.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Doesnt make sense to nerf bank building XP once again
Image Image Image
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Kaiserklein wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 15:11
EliteRifleman wrote:

Banks experience nerfed
Probably a stupid idea, considering they already removed 50f at start
EliteRifleman wrote:

Their HP hasn't changed, and the XP bounty is simply adjusted to the new cost. Though the kill XP now being 3x instead of 2x is another (small) nerf for brits.
Isn't 3x kill XP an ep thing ?
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

February Update – Build # 61213

AI: Fix for not being able to use fishing boats on maps without a water spawn flag such as "Lake Victoria"
Fix for artillery sounds being audible through the Fog of War.
Restoring old behavior of 'Select All of Type' hotkey for walls, as it's required for selecting specific wall segment types, which is necessary for some walling strategies.
Fix for co-op historicla battle end cutscene not playing for host when hosted directly from MP screen
Fix issues when joining co-op historical battles from DLC content which could result in : 1) No scenario name showing in lobby & 2) no loading screen picture displayed
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

China 1-trick patch. Not playing Dutch or Brit with these massive nerfs. And not Peru revolting after big Ls to automatic wins (Soldier, Irish, Frontline). The Build without TC xp is shell of self. USA became semi FI civ instead of naked FI civ. Ger mercs are alive, except mercs are dead. That’s the status of things.

Cheers to China practice.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Still waiting for first cattle unit buff for African civs. Aging at 4.40 at best is ridicolous.
Image Image Image