any new high lvl china plays? any new strats? replays?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Monaco redrocket
Musketeer

any new high lvl china plays? any new strats? replays?

Post by redrocket »

anyone played some higher lvl games with china recently and wants to show some records?
United States of America abeisfriend
Musketeer

Re: any new high lvl china plays? any new strats? replays?

Post by abeisfriend »

does the king of china, Mr. @Mitoe, have any thoughts on the new cards?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

abeisfriend wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 18:58
does the king of china, Mr. @Mitoe, have any thoughts on the new cards?
I haven't played any games on this patch yet, but these are the cards that stick out to me:
[NEW] 1 Flying Crow (III): “Ships 1 Flying Crow.”
Could be good with a Confucian build? Time this shipment with the completion of your first Flying Crow and you have 2, which is significantly stronger. By itself I don't think it's very significant though.
[NEW] Year of the Tiger (I): “For each 2 Disciples you have lost, a Pet White Tiger will be mustered to your homecity spawn point (up to a maximum of 12 units).”
There was a popular disciple rush build (White Pagoda as the first wonder) back in 2018/2019 that could win games if the opponent wasn't prepared. I don't remember what China was like on that patch, but I think villages are cheaper now, and combined with the extra food on the goat it's probably a little bit stronger now. I could see this card being a decent addition to the deck for that build now.

Otherwise Tea Export and the Consulate changes seems interesting. I'm not sure where they fit into China's build orders.

I struggle to see why I should want to give up 2 or 3 villagers to send this card, but maybe using it to skip chopping wood, allying with Russia for the discount on villagers, and getting a Blockhouse could be good? I'm a bit skeptical though. Maybe if you immediately switch to German consulate afterwards (how much export would you have at that point?) for the discount on units and the trickles later.

Alternatively I guess you could get a TP to send it in transition, but I'm not sure if this is worth giving up an age 2 shipment.

Overall my initial impressions are that this does not change much for competitive China, but I could be very wrong; there are some new things to explore for sure.

I wonder if the changes to the French consulate have any implications for India? Could be that the GFA build is improved, or maybe it's the other way around and it's no longer viable.

Edit: I guess the 3 villages into German consulate build is improved a bit now by the extra food on the goat and the cheaper food trickle. Hopefully very small.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

GFA with French consulate is basically non viable anymore for india because you only get wood in age2 now.
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea I’d like them to revert the French cons changes
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

im sure we can start a french cons petition