AOE 3 seems pretty dead

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Re: AOE 3 seems pretty dead

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Its just rare to find someone whos good player, good setup, good entertainer aswell
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

harcha wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 13:28
yurashic wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 02:28
So, Age of Empires 3 seems pretty dead to me in these times.

Streaming games is a lot more popular nowadays than before yet AOE 3 top player livestreams have less viewers than in 2014.
I think that this point in particular revolves more around having a strong personality. In 2014 we had Veni who was constantly online and streaming. A year ago we had Drongo, who also grew the AOE3 fan base. Now we don't have anyone to stream 6-10 hours daily.
nobody could get a living that way, so it sucks.
Spain pain train is real
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 18:06
Its just rare to find someone whos good player, good setup, good entertainer aswell
I think it's not that rare. What's rare is that, consistently. Lots of good streamers exist but consistent good streamers they are not. Or perhaps it's a lot of effort to achieve both high quality gameplay and high quality entertainment all the time so they get... tired?
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

creating content is a lot of work
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America minimoult21
Dragoon
ESO: minimoult21

Post by minimoult21 »

callentournies wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 22:49
I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 18:06
I think it's not that rare. What's rare is that, consistently. Lots of good streamers exist but consistent good streamers they are not. Or perhaps it's a lot of effort to achieve both high quality gameplay and high quality entertainment all the time so they get... tired?
There wouldn't be that great of a return when you could spend that time elsewhere. You'd need someone young and super passionate about aoe3. It could happen, but most of the older generation is busy with IRL stuff. I'd love to see it though.
minimoult21 represents a relative unknown.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

harcha wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 13:28
A year ago we had Drongo, who also grew the AOE3 fan base. Now we don't have anyone to stream 6-10 hours daily.
At least the Drongo just uploaded an aoe3 game he casted today:
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 13:30
The games most core loyal fans are just getting on with life. For example for me Ive just started my first "professional" job and am also spending a lot of weekends away with the army reserves. Most other weekends I will be playing casting aoe though, just weekdays are getting more scarce, which might be where Quicksearch may feel quiet. QS/friends list/lobby game divide makes this feel even more true.

There are community events in progress and planned with the FPL tourny 1 gold and bronze matches this weekend, should be good.

Also a lot of pros have retired from the game, but influx of players from the DE era havent quite got to the pro level scene hence why the top players feel a little empty. Especially as kaiser is in a league of his own tbh.
The core loyal fans have been 'just getting on with life' for more than a decade now. There has always been some influx of new players (why people decide to pick up such an old game is a mystery to me) which is what's keeping the game alive.