AOE3 - Public Update Preview - March Update

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America Zeus
Crossbow

Re: Public Update Preview - March Update

Post by Zeus »

Kancha houses for inca went from 135 wood to 180, brits went from 135 to 140 and back to 135. Why don't they get the same treatment as Inca??? Make them cost 180 wood, or revert inca back to 135 as well. Like someone said. You can siege kanchas, torps, shrines but no one hardly siege brits houses bcuz that's a free vill for them.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

New shipments are great, but BRIT SHOULD -100 FOOD.

i played otto vs brit yesterday and his muskets come out earlier than my Janisary: he doesn't need opening crate to build barrack. A boom civ that can always age up at 4:00 is insane. (Dutch can too, but they lack muskets and manor house>>bank.)

Also, manor house HP should be reduced to 1000. No one wanna siege them so it makes no difference.

Shrine hp 1400 seems fine. 1300 is overnerf.
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon
ESO: Yukietty

Post by Yukietti »

Zeus wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 05:26
Kancha houses for inca went from 135 wood to 180, brits went from 135 to 140 and back to 135. Why don't they get the same treatment as Inca??? Make them cost 180 wood, or revert inca back to 135 as well. Like someone said. You can siege kanchas, torps, shrines but no one hardly siege brits houses bcuz that's a free vill for them.
That's not true siegeing Brit houses gives you good exp tempo also you can't change Inca house price they are already buffed by getting age 1 3 vill card and they are still too strong most of the people just don't know how to play Inca properly
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

It is time for Pax Britannica
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Every other major patch cycle they seem to revamp another civ - first Inca, then Aztec, China, etc. now Brits. When will this stop ?!
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

aaryngend wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 06:17
Every other major patch cycle they seem to revamp another civ - first Inca, then Aztec, China, etc. now Brits. When will this stop ?!
i much prefer this to new civs tbh. usually its pretty hard to make a civ completely broken when you're just revamping it. compare mexico / africa launch to the revamp of china

new maps sound cool, glad they are removing yukon tbh

a little weird to be monkeying around with brit, but maybe it will be interesting
United States of America dutchdude117
ESOC Community Team
ESO: Dutchdude117

Post by dutchdude117 »

Cant believe they haven't undone the Dutch exp bank nerf! I am very happy about the japanese shrine hp nerf seems like a very reasonable change. I think the dev's need to look into the Brit v dutch matchup, as it seems pretty much unplayable now for the dutch player.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

aaryngend wrote:
I think it's great that they focus on old civs.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Denmark jonasnee
Crossbow
ESO: jose96

Post by jonasnee »

pretty certain this will turn brirish treaty from average to S tier, maybe even more.

the only negative british have now is relatively poor artillery but who cares when you got every thing else and do it well too.

skirmishers for british is too much, their eco is too good for it and they got essentially 4 guard units to protect them (hussars, dragoons, grenadiers and musketeers)

i think they should have focused on making grenadiers better as combat troops, would have been a more unique and interesting concept cause right now the British rosters only weakness is going to be art which you can solve with rockets and culvins.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 08:44
aaryngend wrote:
I think it's great that they focus on old civs.
Inca for example is not an old civ. If they semi-rework the civ so soon after its creation... what does that say about their initial vision for the civ itself?
Korea South Miyawaki Sakura
Dragoon
ESO: April

Post by Miyawaki Sakura »

Yes Yes Yes! Gas source six rax sex!!! Oooooooooo
China 1613301898
Crossbow
ESO: 1613301898

Post by 1613301898 »

Hello,everyone.I am a Old Chinese civ player.My Rank is 1750.I try to talk about my idea for some balance in the PUP
First,looking the Chinese.It's my mainly civ.I think the German consulate weaken.It's for treaty.But,-15% Food cost = Take Old Han Army for example.= 255*0.15=38.25F = 38.25/25=1.53 Food/s/War academy =1.82settlers
Looking the consulate need 200 wood.We need 2 min can recovery cost.Especially Chinese can't stretch fully war academy training.So,I think you can -8%~10% all cost for Banner Army
Second,Koxinga need nerf.But 500 Gold nerf to 1000 Gold and -25%Rof to 20%.I can't accept it.I think Koxinga can become 750~800Gold.Chinese is not short of Skirmisher.
Third,Japanese shrine HP I think not need to weaken
British Just wait op or not
Thanks everyone :biggrin:
India iron_turtle
Skirmisher
ESO: iron_turtle

Post by iron_turtle »

Its a PUP, so changes are bound to be bonkers. Last patch china got relatively tame cards when compared to PUP version. So I am mostly excited about this. I feel players will test around for 1 week, find maybe 1 new BO and then everything will be back to old stuff.
China 1613301898
Crossbow
ESO: 1613301898

Post by 1613301898 »

I agree with you!
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Lol what have i just read
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Are we sure this isn't the April update?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lmao I didn't even see that one
[NEW] Greenwich Time (I): “Ships 1 Trading Post Wagon. Each of your Trading Posts improve Politician and Technology research time by 20%” (Note: Trading Post research speed improvement works like other auras (scales from current rates/stats, not base)
How busted is this shit? So you can just open TP then go 3v into this? Just chop for a second manor after your TP + manor opening, to purposedly delay the time at which you click up by a vil cycle, so that you get it back thanks to your second TP... Can probably still go for a 17v age up with good macro and some treasures, but instead you have 2 TPs (so sending an extra age 1 card barely matters), an extra manor, and your age up is like 35s faster (so you train an extra 1.5 vil during transition and you hit up at 4:00 anyway).
This already sounds just superior to any current opening, AND you also get a much faster fortress age and all your techs research faster, so fucking dumb...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Buffing already the strongest civ in the game, but nerfing the dog hp of their fortress and industrial stats...
Genius!
Spain pain train is real
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Rohbrot wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 13:34
Buffing already the strongest civ in the game, but nerfing the dog hp of their fortress and industrial stats...
Genius!
Dogs needed a nerf, either hp or giving them a counterable tag. Nearly 200hp for a cheap unit that doesn't get directly countered is kinda silly ngl

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Riotcoke wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 13:36
Rohbrot wrote:
Genius!
Dogs needed a nerf, either hp or giving them a counterable tag. Nearly 200hp for a cheap unit that doesn't get directly countered is kinda silly ngl
You didnt even get the point of what i have said, but you are not even playing the game so...
Spain pain train is real
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Rohbrot wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 14:01
Riotcoke wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 13:36
Rohbrot wrote:
Genius!
You didnt even get the point of what i have said, but you are not even playing the game so...
No I understood what you said, but dogs have always been kind of silly good. 50 food for something that has no direct counters, trains quickly and scales incredibly well the buffs to brit are also silly but this dog change is justified.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

its 75 food
50 food for something that has no direct counter.
[/quote]
Spain pain train is real
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Well if u have trouble finding drugs at ur local dealer in the next days its becuz aoe3 devs bought them all lmao
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Very nice bug, I can use all the WC skills separately without waiting for the cooldown lol
France louis293
Musketeer
ESO: obelix293

Post by louis293 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 13:23
Lmao I didn't even see that one
[NEW] Greenwich Time (I): “Ships 1 Trading Post Wagon. Each of your Trading Posts improve Politician and Technology research time by 20%” (Note: Trading Post research speed improvement works like other auras (scales from current rates/stats, not base)
How busted is this shit? So you can just open TP then go 3v into this? Just chop for a second manor after your TP + manor opening, to purposedly delay the time at which you click up by a vil cycle, so that you get it back thanks to your second TP... Can probably still go for a 17v age up with good macro and some treasures, but instead you have 2 TPs (so sending an extra age 1 card barely matters), an extra manor, and your age up is like 35s faster (so you train an extra 1.5 vil during transition and you hit up at 4:00 anyway).
This already sounds just superior to any current opening, AND you also get a much faster fortress age and all your techs research faster, so fucking dumb...
this makes indeed no sense at all, brit is well designed civ just needed to balance it properly and not even that hard to balance, just balancing manor cost and starting crates, this feels so weird to get that idea and not balancing obvious other things (huaracas), try to buff the age up time doesn't make sense, brit is fine being an age 2 civ (great eco, great upgrades in age 2) and aging up wasn't that hard with them