AOE3 - Public Update Preview - March Update

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Re: Public Update Preview - March Update

Post by kevinitalien »

the comments on the official forum are the opposite of what is said here and people just want reworks of old civs or new civs i think the next patch will see reworks fr ger ports otto etc etc
Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Riotcoke wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 13:36
Rohbrot wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 13:34
Buffing already the strongest civ in the game, but nerfing the dog hp of their fortress and industrial stats...
Genius!
Dogs needed a nerf, either hp or giving them a counterable tag. Nearly 200hp for a cheap unit that doesn't get directly countered is kinda silly ngl
Dogs didn't need a nerf. The strong leap in stats was purposedly added back then when Spain was nerfed at the start of TAD. So the change was intended (not an overlook of some sort).
And from a practical standpoint they're fine. They are extremely good but it's one of Spain perks and it's not a balance issue.
kevinitalien wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 15:17
the comments on the official forum are the opposite of what is said here and people just want reworks of old civs or new civs i think the next patch will see reworks fr ger ports otto etc etc
Well, it is clear by now that's exactly the devs plan. Problem is some civs like Brits are on the strong side of power chart and they need nerfs not buffs.
Image Image Image
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

Garja wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 15:20
Riotcoke wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 13:36
Rohbrot wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 13:34
Buffing already the strongest civ in the game, but nerfing the dog hp of their fortress and industrial stats...
Genius!
Dogs needed a nerf, either hp or giving them a counterable tag. Nearly 200hp for a cheap unit that doesn't get directly countered is kinda silly ngl
Dogs didn't need a nerf. The strong leap in stats was purposedly added back then when Spain was nerfed at the start of TAD. So the change was intended (not an overlook of some sort).
And from a practical standpoint they're fine. They are extremely good but it's one of Spain perks and it's not a balance issue.
kevinitalien wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 15:17
Well, it is clear by now that's exactly the devs plan. Problem is some civs like Brits are on the strong side of power chart and they need nerfs not buffs.
Dogs were to strong for DE spain and the change is awesome !
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Says the guy with zero game knowledge
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Thrar wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 01:22
I think we need to keep in mind that balance is for all skill levels, not just the top tier.
Well this is just completely wrong tbh. You can't balance for all skill levels, because balance is inherently a fonction of skill level. It will always be different depending on how well you play.
So you need to pick 1 skill level on which you index the state of balance. To me, the obvious pick seems to be the level at which people play the game as properly as possible, not the one at which people have no idea what they're doing.
Or you can decide to balance for the average level at which you have the most players, but if you do that it means you kill any hope for the game to be competitive.
Thrar wrote:
If they noticed Brits getting too weak then reverting the manor cost seems fine to me. 5w isn't much anyway, that's 100w total once you build all your manors.
Brits weren't too weak, they were still too strong. And if 5w barely matters, then why was it the nerfed they decided to go for, when people complained about the civ being too strong? This doesn't make any sense either way. On a side note, it's supposed to snowball, you can't just say it's 20x5w = 100w...
Thrar wrote:
That's the only straight buff I see. The rangers look more of a quirk than a straight buff.
Any viable option you add is a straight buff. Being able to get skirms, transform lbs into skirms, and ship skirms, all with that one card, is non arguably a buff in a variety of MUs. Especially as you can still get highlanders for a very good cost in fortress.
Thrar wrote:
Some things will need to be watched, sure, like the strength of rangers or the effect of GMT, but I don't see anything that immediately screams "OMG so OP".
The age 1 TP card is definitely OP.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

Garja wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 15:38
yeah thats why lifidi get nerfed cause u said they are not good :hehe: :roll:
Attachments
lifidi.png
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

:hmm:
Attachments
Garja rofl.png
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Kartoffel Joe wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 15:46
Garja wrote:
Well the Statement: "the devs agree with me so i have great game knowledge" makes very little sense. If there is a connection at all, the correlation tends to go the other way (:
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

Plantinator wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 16:34
Kartoffel Joe wrote:
Garja wrote:
Well the Statement: "the devs agree with me so i have great game knowledge" makes very little sense. If there is a connection at all, the correlation tends to go the other way (:
thats not what i said fool :roll:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Kartoffel Joe wrote:
Garja wrote:
They're getting nerfed because it's full of crybabies like you who think they are OMFGOP when in fact you can't even do math like in your lifidi vs cuirs post. Spoiler: the planned nerf for lifidi is an overnerf. 20% rr nerf was sufficient, or simply removing the melee resistance. The cost nerf plus the cards moved to the other ages are unecessary changes (especially the latter ones that also affect riders).

Also a reminder for you for future posts where you post supposedly questionable quotes of myself (spoiler: they are not questionable, they are mostly correct): I can take quotes of you too and since you're a lowbob with little to no clue you're gonna say 10 times more bullshit. Translated: cut the crap and stop annoying me.
Image Image Image
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

Planti & Garja perfect rofl Team :roll: :lol:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Lifidi were only ever a problem in age 2. Simply removing the ability to train them in age 2 probably would have been sufficient, perhaps a small resist nerf as well. But you have people who couldn’t even tell you what one Hausa age up is crying about how they can train cuirs for 200 res.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon

Post by Plantinator »

Kartoffel Joe wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 16:53
Planti & Garja perfect rofl Team :roll: :lol:
Lol i can live with u lil dipshit disrespecting me but maybe have some respect for the G after all he did for our community? Oh right u dont know becuz u didnt even play before DE.
China 1613301898
Crossbow
ESO: 1613301898

Post by 1613301898 »

No one care the Chinese German consulate and koxinga...I think koxinga 750~800Gold is ok.
India Realife_Brahmin
Skirmisher
ESO: Realife_Brahmin

Post by Realife_Brahmin »

At this progress rate, in a future update devs will finally fix unit pathing for good, whilst adding in a new commerce age +15% ashigaru speed card.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon

Post by Plantinator »

1613301898 wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 17:16
No one care the Chinese German consulate and koxinga...I think koxinga 750~800Gold is ok.
Hhm i wouldnt say no one cares but we have all been a bit preoccupied raging against the brit changes
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

these new cards further support my theory that if the current devs made original aoe3, France would have a bunch of cards named things like "Baguettes", "Omelette du Fromage", "Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite", Spain would have cards named "Bullfighting", "Castanets" , Russia would have cards named stuff like "Steam Sauna", "Borscht", and "The Kremlin" etc etc
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Post by Cleters »

Meh, the community opened the pandora box by constantly asking devs to nerf/change things to RE civs. It was absolutely obvious that something will be overtouched at one moment or another. Just bring back brit exactly how it was before.

Unpopular opinion : I restarted playing 1v1 recently and on like 40 games around 1800 elo I faced brit only like 1 or 2 times, if people start to spamm it now it will be because of the overeactings here, not because of the patch :D
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

brit a very popular pick at the moment, will only get more popular
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Cleters wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 18:45
Meh, the community opened the pandora box by constantly asking devs to nerf/change things to RE civs. It was absolutely obvious that something will be overtouched at one moment or another. Just bring back brit exactly how it was before.

Unpopular opinion : I restarted playing 1v1 recently and on like 40 games around 1800 elo I faced brit only like 1 or 2 times, if people start to spamm it now it will be because of the overeactings here, not because of the patch :D
Yea the eye test says that brit is not played very much, although with 20 civs its a bit hard to tell with just your own games.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

from my experience i play constantly against brit or china atm tbh ( more china though )
Image Image
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

kevinitalien wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 20:20
from my experience i play constantly against brit or china atm tbh ( more china though )
i mostly see china in qs atm. brit gets picked similar amounts as russia otto india germans & spain in qs from my experience
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Cleters wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 18:45
The patch isn't out yet right?
Besides it's definitely more than 1-2 brit games out of 40 on average
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Brit is top tier in current patch. They are just a bit boring.
It's my opinion that Brit should not age up that fast. Among those boomy civs, British has the best early eco, has a complete unit combo, and they can even train skirm and age up fast now. Consider how scary it will be if Japan age up at 4:10 every game without idleing vill training.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

not that I am 100% on board with British skirms, but they are difficult to aquire (either long term or the church card, which is opportunity costed), and very low hp with only 18 range. they're basically 120 resources for a wakina, and they dont seem to shadowtech in age 3. I'm genuinely not terribly concerned with that change- the tp one is probably scary though. brit ff with even faster timings. not sure how feasible it is in a real game, brits doesnt have anything special age 3 and you wont have your carded muskets either