ethiopia replay / mitoe help pls

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Monaco redrocket
Musketeer

ethiopia replay / mitoe help pls

Post by redrocket »

Are there any high level ethiopia players that have good experience with the civ and feel comfortable enough to share some replay?
Ethiopia must legit be the least played civ in de right now? right? I can't find anyone playing it.. there is like 2 recording I can watch to learn about ethiopia from mitoe and windy but anyone got any more? mitoe windy? aoe 3 community?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: ethiopia replay / mitoe help pls

Post by Garja »

Image Image Image
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I'm honestly still learning the civ myself. The best advice I can give you is to remember to train Cattle occasionally, and to train Abuns from your Mountain Monastery at some point in early Commerce Age.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

And to lame the abun in age 1 to take monster treasures or the ability to lame your opponents explorer for free (especially looking at the africa vs germany matchup on a mid map cross-tp map)
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

If you aim for some sort of timing, training abuns or cattle is counterproductive.
Image Image Image
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I feel like the Abun is better to just build a Mountain Monastery right away, personally. The MM and Abun both collect resources faster than 1 cattle will generate them.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

The problem is that often Ethiopia doesn't even need gold early on, so you're essentially training abuns to either buy wood or for influence. Influence is usually not needed either, unless some specific strat for which you need to send crates anyway. And as for wood, it means you're producing units early on, in which case you might aswell just directly chop wood with the wood upgrade at the market.
Making abuns sounds good in theory but even in games where the plan is some sort of semi FF I'd rather just build 1 or 2 TPs.
Image Image Image
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

This thread title reads like satire from 2015. I’m not sure which was more improbable: people asking about Ethiopia or Mitoe’s help!
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Garja wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2022, 15:08
The problem is that often Ethiopia doesn't even need gold early on, so you're essentially training abuns to either buy wood or for influence. Influence is usually not needed either, unless some specific strat for which you need to send crates anyway. And as for wood, it means you're producing units early on, in which case you might aswell just directly chop wood with the wood upgrade at the market.
Making abuns sounds good in theory but even in games where the plan is some sort of semi FF I'd rather just build 1 or 2 TPs.
can you not start with shotels, thereby using coin early?

also in general, its a bad time to try to learn ethiopia because the starting cow exchange rates are bugged. can't get hunting dogs + 1 house from a cow anymore. you can barely get 100w in time to not get pop capped
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Yes ofc you can start shotel/jav and maybe in some MUs it even makes more sense than starting gascenya. I just think that it's usually not the case and the strongest builds involve gascenya early on.
Image Image Image
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

Squamiger wrote: ↑
17 Mar 2022, 17:05
Garja wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2022, 15:08
can you not start with shotels, thereby using coin early?

also in general, its a bad time to try to learn ethiopia because the starting cow exchange rates are bugged. can't get hunting dogs + 1 house from a cow anymore. you can barely get 100w in time to not get pop capped
wait! I played some Hausa today and thought they got their starting rates nerfed! They should patch this immedietly.