AOE3 - Update 13.690 [New Civ Confirmed]

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Re: AOE3 - Update 13.690 [New Civ Confirmed]

Post by rsy »

Trying to get back into the game but it already feels so fucking strange and they making new civs
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Hmmm regarding the Rangers. What do you think about their lategame stats with 60f/60c and ~205hp/41dmg/40%rr and a slightly higher multiplier, like 3.25(?), against heavy inf (everything else identical to skirms, I think)?
You need to ship 2 cards (Yeomen + enabling card) for that. All in all, they look quite good for lategame fights.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

duckzilla wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2022, 07:34
Hmmm regarding the Rangers. What do you think about their lategame stats with 60f/60c and ~205hp/41dmg/40%rr and a slightly higher multiplier, like 3.25(?), against heavy inf (everything else identical to skirms, I think)?
You need to ship 2 cards (Yeomen + enabling card) for that. All in all, they look quite good for lategame fights.
the 3.25 multiplier is due to a bug with yeomen, they are supposed to only have 3 i think and longbows are supposed to get more multipliers.

Late game I think their they have like a 20 DPS difference vs heavy infantry compared to Longbows. and against non heavy infantry longbows are just superior

Their only real advantage is that they cost coin and are more microable compared to longbows
Great Britain LionHeart
Skirmisher
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by LionHeart »

rsy wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2022, 07:09
Trying to get back into the game but it already feels so fucking strange and they making new civs
Embrace the changes, I haven't played brits since vanilla but had a lot of fun playing them since these changes, have fun with it
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

callentournies wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2022, 05:37
How does GMT work? Is it only the #TPs you have at the moment you click the technology research? What if you build another TP while aging? Do you lose all benefit if youve lots all your TPS?
Just send the card first and you have no problem
Image Image Image
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Did someone, by any chance, do the math for GMT first 3v second compared to 3v first GMT second? I can't imagine it balancing out each other right now.
GMT first VC second (as some players suggested) just leads to a delayed VC boom and TPs getting taken down without being able to put up much of a resistance. In that case, the usual (but now worse) VC strat seems better with being full manor around 6:20 and then redistribute to timing push/age.

GMT right now seems like a situational card only useful on high TP maps to properly contest the line in age 2 and then age up afterwards. However, I can also imagine native tp strats being fun on some maps.

Maybe VC gets less viable as soon as the -100f change is actually implemented, maybe not. It's weird not to include it in the latest patch.
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon
ESO: Yukietty

Post by Yukietti »

ITALY INCOMING (Hopefully)
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

jesus3 wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2022, 12:38
Did someone, by any chance, do the math for GMT first 3v second compared to 3v first GMT second? I can't imagine it balancing out each other right now.
Idk about the math but 3v, GMT doesn't really benefit from the second card aside from maybe having faster age3.
Image Image Image
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

GMT first VC second (as some players suggested) just leads to a delayed VC boom and TPs getting taken down without being able to put up much of a resistance. In that case, the usual (but now worse) VC strat seems better with being full manor around 6:20 and then redistribute to timing push/age.

GMT right now seems like a situational card only useful on high TP maps to properly contest the line in age 2 and then age up afterwards. However, I can also imagine native tp strats being fun on some maps.

Maybe VC gets less viable as soon as the -100f change is actually implemented, maybe not. It's weird not to include it in the latest patch.
I have been only trying it in like chill games but so far I think the GMT order is for like an FF which kinda goes tp start then 3 vils during transition - food age up into 700 coin either for muskets or age up.

I am thinking about whether GMT start is also good for like a native rush on non-tp map since you kinda save can easily get 2 native tps and age early.

There is also that weird 6 min in age 1 Industrial build which might benefit from the faster age up and the new rangers tech.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Garja wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2022, 13:07
Idk about the math but 3v, GMT doesn't really benefit from the second card aside from maybe having faster age3.
yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Can't pinpoint it, but I don't really see the use for an earlier (if even) age 2 if you have to delay resources those 3v would gather. To me, it looks more like a semi-ff card. From what I've seen so far, GMT first has only delayed manor building in transition if anything.

I am thinking about whether GMT start is also good for like a native rush on non-tp map since you kinda save can easily get 2 native tps and age early.
@helln00 Indeed, also thought about that. Could be at least some nice stinky cheese
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

16 Mar 2022, 14:05

yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Can't pinpoint it, but I don't really see the use for an earlier (if even) age 2 if you have to delay resources those 3v would gather. To me, it looks more like a semi-ff card. From what I've seen so far, GMT first has only delayed manor building in transition if anything.
GMT first is fine. Can do a 18v age up at 4.10 or 16v age up at 3.40. Aging at 3.40 means you can drop military builings from 700w which results in more efficiency. Then you have the benefits of 2 TPs and still the fast teching.
GMT second gives almost no benefit in terms of age up time to age2.
Image Image Image
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

will try, thanks!
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

Garja wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2022, 14:39
16 Mar 2022, 14:05

GMT first is fine. Can do a 18v age up at 4.10 or 16v age up at 3.40. Aging at 3.40 means you can drop military builings from 700w which results in more efficiency. Then you have the benefits of 2 TPs and still the fast teching.
GMT second gives almost no benefit in terms of age up time to age2.
i just tested you can't reach 4min10 with 18v and with 17 vills you reach age 2 at 4min05 but with 3 vills less during the transition for about 10 sec
Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

18v is with 2 manors ofc. But ye I don't remember the exact time. It was something between 4.10 and 4.30, it also depends on treasures because aftet the 18th vill there is some idle time.
Also I did test it on Arabia which has TP and usually a 25-35w treasure in base.

Btw, I don't get why Manchuria has 4 TPs now. 3 TP shared or 2 personal, that's how it was supposed to be :SS
Image Image Image
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Are all these numbers taking into account the -100f nerf?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

no
Image Image Image
Brazil DNLgibraltar
Skirmisher

Post by DNLgibraltar »

African cattle trade rate is bugged,
I thought that would be fixed before they released the final patch
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

DNLgibraltar wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2022, 22:21
African cattle trade rate is bugged,
I thought that would be fixed before they released the final patch
it was fixed in the pup lol this is strange
Iran kia_wp
Crossbow
ESO: blackmanc3

Post by kia_wp »

ah shit here we go again
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

I just thought of a really dumb build with the logistician since you get a free tech now with the age up, you can get CIR in age 2 for the rangers, Cherokee native shipment and if combined with native treaty just have a mass of skirms in age 2 that shred any heavy infantry.

a GMT start means that you can delay your age up to get the logistician and it barely eats up your age up timing
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

Building on this logistician idea, since all british cav cards are general combat cards, on maps with cav archers or goon natives, you can get Range Cavalry Caracole for free and effectively get age 2 vet goon to harass the opponent or age vet cav on the field.

Its a new world of cheese
Canada SongOfStorm
Crossbow

Post by SongOfStorm »

I did a match of Unknown and got a map with a cave. :ohmy: Was cool and unexpected for sure, love that Unknown is getting new stuff.
From what @vividlyplain told me on discord, it was added in the recent patch.
Attachments
UnknownCave.PNG
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Cave is actually nice. Would like to see that
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Is a trap!
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP