Any idea to save teamgames ?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Any idea to save teamgames ?

Post by Cleters »

As expected as the launch of DE, the QS system for teamgames didn't last long. Now, it's simply impossible to play QS for teamgames, because people just gave up, no games, people playing with fake acc to abuse the elo system, impossibility to know if you're gonna play or wait forever...

As there's no alternativ like ranked lobbies, most of my friendlist just stopped playing or went back to RE (I'm playing nilla again too, I rather 100x DE but I can't simply find a game...).

Is there any talk you guys heard for ranked lobbies like they have for treaty or is it just over for teamgames ?
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Re: Any idea to save teamgames ?

Post by musketeer925 »

I've been playing 2v2's occasionally with the matchmaking, and always seem to get a game in less than 10 minutes. This is with another team member invited searching together, so not sure how well it goes if you search alone. My team Elo is ~1450, which I am also sure is relevant to the queue time.

Sometimes we get games that aren't very fair, but it's better than not playing.
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher

Post by Cleters »

I think I made one real game out of the last 50 I played, if that can give you an exemple... I think everyone at 2000+ elo has that problem. Just check the obs mod, there's no more teamgames, maybe one 3v3 and 2 or 3 2v2 at a time...
Germany InaLeto
Crossbow
ESO: InaLeto

Post by InaLeto »

musketeer925 wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 21:12
I've been playing 2v2's occasionally with the matchmaking, and always seem to get a game in less than 10 minutes. This is with another team member invited searching together, so not sure how well it goes if you search alone. My team Elo is ~1450, which I am also sure is relevant to the queue time.

Sometimes we get games that aren't very fair, but it's better than not playing.
It’s the same for me.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Cleters wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 21:51
I think I made one real game out of the last 50 I played, if that can give you an exemple... I think everyone at 2000+ elo has that problem. Just check the obs mod, there's no more teamgames, maybe one 3v3 and 2 or 3 2v2 at a time...
Well you are top16 player, so yeah there are few other players in the world who can give you a "real" game. Suffering from success.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher

Post by Cleters »

Idk, I just see everybody stopping playing, and the obs mod coming from 50% 1v1 50% teamgames to 90% 1v1 10% teamgames.
I think it's delusionnal to say there's no problem, just the number of time I tag at 2 or 3 minutes but the dudes are top 1000, that means even them found no one in the first 7 minutes, and I was the only one searching between top 16 and top 1000 at that moment.
United States of America Misha
Musketeer
ESO: theMisha

Post by Misha »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 22:00
Cleters wrote:
Well you are top16 player, so yeah there are few other players in the world who can give you a "real" game. Suffering from success.
It seems to me that team queue is dead at "1st lt" or "captain" levels and above. Thanks for raising this issue again Cleters, but I doubt anything will come of it.
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher

Post by Cleters »

Yeah, that's so sad as teamgames had always been the most played games in AOE3. There was a hope with their "try" to put some random rank in lobbies, but it's not working at all and was abandonned for some reason. You can't even organize it by the "rank" <<

I know I look like the old dumb dude saying it was better before, but even now that 80% of the players left, it's easier to play on RE than DE if you're not a fully 1v1 player. You come, there's a lobby, you join, you play.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

The only way to get decent qs team games is when someone is streaming teamgames and queue snipe them
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

It is sad. Team games for most people was the most fun and most played on RE.

Not sure why the devs are so stubborn about this. Just make team games on lobby as ranked.

Also the lobby needs some small tweaks like being able to sort by number of player slots rather than slots occupied.

Like it's such a basic thing to get wrong
France speedflyer
Dragoon
ESO: speedflyer

Post by speedflyer »

Cleters wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 22:43
Idk, I just see everybody stopping playing, and the obs mod coming from 50% 1v1 50% teamgames to 90% 1v1 10% teamgames.
I think it's delusionnal to say there's no problem, just the number of time I tag at 2 or 3 minutes but the dudes are top 1000, that means even them found no one in the first 7 minutes, and I was the only one searching between top 16 and top 1000 at that moment.
I already miss you :love:
I hope Zoi and his team of faithful minions can stop demonizing people
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Cleters wrote:
just be top 2-300 and you dont get a decent teamgame on DE
France speedflyer
Dragoon
ESO: speedflyer

Post by speedflyer »

Kartoffel Joe wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 11:07
EAGLEMUT wrote:
Cleters wrote:
just be top 2-300 and you dont get a decent teamgame on DE
what about #1 ?
I hope Zoi and his team of faithful minions can stop demonizing people