Incash

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Re: Incash

Post by PatrickLFC »

I mean obviously the mechanic shouldn’t exist at all, but what if you made it so that garrisoned units reduced fort attack? Increase base attack or something for ‘balance’, but this would actually make it less of an obvious choice to hide in your fort and avoid a fight, idk
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon
ESO: Yukietty

Post by Yukietti »

feels like a cooldown to garrison and ungarrison again would help also fort attack shouldn't increase when units are garrisoned
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

OP has made solid points and given an explanation, I think even the biggest Inca fan can agree on that. Can we get that exact lisht on the official forumsh?
Indonesia Nojirex
Crossbow

Post by Nojirex »

How about giving Huaracas an "Artillery" tag so that they can be countered by culverins?
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Nojirex wrote: ↑
16 Apr 2022, 12:46
How about giving Huaracas an "Artillery" tag so that they can be countered by culverins?
they did on the original release. it was great because they took 6x damage from light cannons, among other issues.

the unit is broken by definition and doesnt fit in the counter system. i dont see a way outside of fan patches where huaraca are not stupid. the devs will never fix it
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Huaracas are just like abus, I don't see the problem.
Image Image Image
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

because abus don't have a metric ton of siege at long range, have penalties against a dozen things and arent combined with an eco civ, and abus cant garrison in buildable forts?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I think both abus and huaraca have penalty vs cav and vills, if not then Huaraca should.
Siege is the perk of Huaraca, it is fine, Inca don't have artillery. Abus insta shoot and have bonus vs HI infantry, none ever complained about that.
The garrisoning thing is about the fort, not the unit.
Image Image Image
No Flag United_empires
Crossbow

Post by United_empires »

My little contribution to the community.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/lets- ... cas/200980

They have to nerf them at least the stronghold imo
India iron_turtle
Skirmisher
ESO: iron_turtle

Post by iron_turtle »

Garrisoning should be paired with heavy penalties, so it can be used once or twice like wonder abilities. Like garrisoned buildings should not be able to train units or receive shipments, killing building kills all the garrisoned units, and maybe chasqui get eco shipments only.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

iron_turtle wrote: ↑
16 Apr 2022, 20:08
Garrisoning should be paired with heavy penalties, so it can be used once or twice like wonder abilities. Like garrisoned buildings should not be able to train units or receive shipments, killing building kills all the garrisoned units, and maybe chasqui get eco shipments only.
oh make it like a ship? lol that would be kinda funny. it would make sense though.
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

the question is, why was Kynesie allowed to use Inca when he already won with it? That was bs, rules should have 1 win per civ.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

it's just broken
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Viewers want to watch strongest players play strongest civs! I have 100's people asking me to play my dutch in tourny xD
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Take AOE2 for example. Of course you can wall and go age 3, build a castle, but it's quite difficult to build castle near your enemy base. Even if you managed to do so, you can't train siege weapons from it, and hide them in a castle: that's ridiculous!

But we should also mention that Inca is nearly unplayable without these ridiculous builds. Inca units are just trash, and their boom is the worst in game. It's nearly impossible to break musk+cannon combo.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

It is unfortunate, the rework intended to standardise seems to have somehow pigeonholed them into this playstyle even harder.