Team Ranked makes no sense

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Re: Team Ranked makes no sense

Post by JKProwler »

#MakeTeamGamesGreatAgain
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

aaryngend wrote: ↑
02 May 2022, 23:21
Cleters wrote: ↑
02 May 2022, 23:07
Well, you don't understand how it works neither, I have the ladder exemple to explain the problem, but i could do the same with an elo range, it's impossible to have 1M players within 200 elo, it will basically be the same whatever the playerbase is superior to like 1000 players.

The game is not working well at all lol, so your statement is just wrong. For teams I mean, totally agree the system is good for 1v1 (as long as devs are here, you will welcome cheaters in few years without possibility to host ranked 1v1 neither, and everybody will leave). Everybody stopped because it's impossible to find a game.
There are roughly as many 1v1 players as there are team players (just check the leaderboard).
The thing is that 'Ranked Team' features the 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 game modes. 1v1 only has 1 mode.

It takes 3 1v1 games to populate a 3v3 game (6 vs 2 players). It's faster to get a game too. So it shouldn't surprise you that there are more 1v1 games at any given time compared to team ga mes.

I still think there are enough Team Players, there only aren't that many if your rating is too high (1800+). Even worse at 2000+.
Queueing solo has always sucked. Idk why you bother to schedule games on the legacy game but not on DE?

Because there is no ingame FL that tells you who is online? You can't take a proper look at the Game Browser without quitting the Ranked queue?
Unfortunately there aren't enough players for this system to work properly. Solo queueing is a bit of a coin flip in any game, but you shouldn't get in games with people who have 1/3 of your elo.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Might be too difficult for devs, but if you queau up for team game it takes u to ranked lobby or creates a new ranked lobby if none exist at that elo.

Better waiting in a lobby with other players than staring at that qs timer

I just don't think devs really thought much about the user experience much
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

02 May 2022, 23:03
Squamiger wrote: ↑
02 May 2022, 21:35
02 May 2022, 20:30
I hope everyday when I connect that they announce ranked lobbies for team. The current system just don't work as it's designed for 1v1...
just curious, why do you care about having ranked lobbies? casual lobbies already exist, there's nothing stopping you from making premade games there and arranging teams if you want. all this would do is kill team quicksearch, which is one of the best features of DE

Team quicksearch is totally dead, nobody plays it anymore. Just go in the obs mode, it's 80% 1v1, 15% 2v2 and 5% 3v3. It was like 70% team 30% 1v1 early DE, and we all know there was more teamplayers in AOE3 history than 1v1 players.

I'm currently playing nilla everyday instead of DE, because with 20 pr30+ on nilla we can have game when we want thanks to lobby, you host + there's a friendlist to see who is connected, who is in game or not, which is impossible in team on DE exept if you add everyone on steam + every smurf account and harass them everyday all together... which I won't do.

Basically, ranked teamlobbies just makes you host and everyone at the lvl of the host join = op game for teamplayers.
i still don't get it, if you're going to all the trouble to schedule games with friends on legacy, why not just do that in DE in team lobbies? That's what I do, it's fun. Surely the minor inconvenience of having to use steam for friends is better than dealing with bugs and server crashes and hackers in legacy
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

03 May 2022, 00:43
Show hidden quotes

Team quicksearch is totally dead, nobody plays it anymore. Just go in the obs mode, it's 80% 1v1, 15% 2v2 and 5% 3v3. It was like 70% team 30% 1v1 early DE, and we all know there was more teamplayers in AOE3 history than 1v1 players.

I'm currently playing nilla everyday instead of DE, because with 20 pr30+ on nilla we can have game when we want thanks to lobby, you host + there's a friendlist to see who is connected, who is in game or not, which is impossible in team on DE exept if you add everyone on steam + every smurf account and harass them everyday all together... which I won't do.

Basically, ranked teamlobbies just makes you host and everyone at the lvl of the host join = op game for teamplayers.
i still don't get it, if you're going to all the trouble to schedule games with friends on legacy, why not just do that in DE in team lobbies? That's what I do, it's fun. Surely the minor inconvenience of having to use steam for friends is better than dealing with bugs and server crashes and hackers in legacy
Might be unrelated to what your responding to, what happens if you don't have friends in DE to schedule with?
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

No one has actual friends in DE. We are all just interchangeable avatars. Just find an avatar around the same skill as you and ask if they want to play sometime

Do I really have to spell out how to make acquaintances on the internet
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Steam hypothetically makes it easier, however most people around here seem to be technologically retarded. Also not integrating steam features into the game like CSGO does sucks.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

03 May 2022, 03:27
No one has actual friends in DE. We are all just interchangeable avatars. Just find an avatar around the same skill as you and ask if they want to play sometime

Do I really have to spell out how to make acquaintances on the internet
And how do u do that easily? The friends feature in DE is pretty bad. Adding friends on steam seems such a choir

Legacy was just so much easier. Can find friends or player and add them as friends easily
European Union TranceGate
Musketeer

Post by TranceGate »

Unfortunately, the quick search sucks for teams, I play classified only when I have playmates otherwise I would find only people too short and I always find myself k almost always in 1v2 or 1v3 which does not amuse me, I regret the old lobbies and vanilla teams. Many times seen many 2k elo players who have sergeant skills if not worse, embarrassing. It was better to manage everything with the old PR, I wonder how those players are there.
Musketeer

Post by TranceGate »

03 May 2022, 00:43
Show hidden quotes

Nostalgia for vanilla, not everyone has DE or can play and therefore they stay in vanilla or they don't like DE and they play vanilla, sometimes including me :biggrin:
Musketeer

Post by TranceGate »

However there are also the old lobbies but the problem is that the random rank does not work is useless, it is not the pr, and this leads to a similar situation of the ranked ones talking about the players you find against even having your own team because almost most of the game find against people below the sergeant major or find corporals and soldiers. You hardly find games with people from 1 lieutenant up.
At this point it would be better to move the lobbies classified in the old method and restore the Pr.
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Post by Cleters »

gibson wrote: ↑
02 May 2022, 23:20
Considering nothing you said has anything to do with what I said(or even makes sense), I still think you have 0 clue what you're actually talking about. You don't even know how to use the filters properly. The system they use very obviously works with a large player base.
I can't argue with such bad liver. I have like a lot of good teamplayers on steam and like 90% of us are in a total impossibility to play DE and basically stop, not because we don't want to play but because we can't. The screen was factual, for the whole world and all games being recorded at that moment = one 3v3.

I mean, do you even play teamgames at some strong elo rank to understand the problem ? You are saying it's fine, I say I can't have a single game in 4 hours.
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher

Post by Cleters »

A simple solution would be to match people around rank and not around elo. It's stupid that as a top 5 I can't match the top 30 because they have 400 elo less.
Recently in 1v1 Kaiser couldn't even match people in the top 20 because he had like 300+ elo, that's not normal. Now imagine a team of 3 kaiser searching games and you will see the problem...
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Rank is not a valid metric. 300+ elo shows the true difference in skill. Despite being consecutive in rank Kaiser is simply way too wrong and in no way close to rank 2. This was same during EP period also for ex. There were quite a few pr 37, 38 and Kaiser was 40-41. But practically these pr didn't reality. Kaiser was basically having 70-80% win rate against anyone. Recall the 7-0, 6-1 thrashing of Mitoe who was considered number 2 at the time. If you have large pool of players and they are closely related then maybe it works.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Musketeer

Post by TranceGate »

princeofcarthage wrote: ↑
03 May 2022, 08:06
Rank is not a valid metric. 300+ elo shows the true difference in skill. Despite being consecutive in rank Kaiser is simply way too wrong and in no way close to rank 2. This was same during EP period also for ex. There were quite a few pr 37, 38 and Kaiser was 40-41. But practically these pr didn't reality. Kaiser was basically having 70-80% win rate against anyone. Recall the 7-0, 6-1 thrashing of Mitoe who was considered number 2 at the time. If you have large pool of players and they are closely related then maybe it works.
This in 1v1, in team with the pr you can get a half idea of ​​the player even if on legacy you could raise it in many possible ways including the shady ones, with a better management of the pr for De it will certainly be more complicated to do it, another thing that gives me annoyance is that you can change your name whenever you want, we want fixed names with a maximum of one change every few months.
Italy MaxMagous
Skirmisher
ESO: MaxMagous

Post by MaxMagous »

@Gimmick_aoe @Kyo_ @Cleters @stitchh @Tad @Winter @dave_12 lets get the team scene going again
look wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 08:55
Kaiserklein wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 07:42
Well nvm, none of these dates work for me
who care? unfortunately, one must decide to be an aoe3 pro or not
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

TranceGate wrote: ↑
03 May 2022, 12:00
another thing that gives me annoyance is that you can change your name whenever you want, we want fixed names with a maximum of one change every few months.
agree with you but i don't know if the devs can do something about it, it's more because of steam
Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

03 May 2022, 07:50
Considering nothing you said has anything to do with what I said(or even makes sense), I still think you have 0 clue what you're actually talking about. You don't even know how to use the filters properly. The system they use very obviously works with a large player base.
I can't argue with such bad liver. I have like a lot of good teamplayers on steam and like 90% of us are in a total impossibility to play DE and basically stop, not because we don't want to play but because we can't. The screen was factual, for the whole world and all games being recorded at that moment = one 3v3.

I mean, do you even play teamgames at some strong elo rank to understand the problem ? You are saying it's fine, I say I can't have a single game in 4 hours.
Your reading comprehension is terrible. I literally said its hard to play team, talking about the filters I meant that there were actually 6 3v3 games going on at that time, but your filters were set to "closest region". And yes, I'm higher elo than you are(or was last time I clapped you).
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher

Post by Cleters »

No, as said, it wasn't closest region, but maybe you can't read theses words : "for the whole world" mister reading comprehension. But the fact you refuse to realize there is a lot of evening barely more than 1 to 3 3v3 just show that i'm right.

+ I don't even know who you are exept a shitposter apparently, but the "i'm highest elo than you are or maybe the last time we played I am not sure" is quite funny, I don't have a 100% winrate buddy, I loose sometimes. But I hope we'll meet in qs again, because that would mean I find a game, which tbh didnt happen for like a month. What's ur username btw ?
Musketeer

Post by TranceGate »

kevinitalien wrote: ↑
03 May 2022, 12:20
TranceGate wrote: ↑
03 May 2022, 12:00
another thing that gives me annoyance is that you can change your name whenever you want, we want fixed names with a maximum of one change every few months.
agree with you but i don't know if the devs can do something about it, it's more because of steam
I don't know if there are any policies behind it but otherwise it would be blocking the name through the Xbox account, for example the one that appears at the bottom of the name in the main menu.
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

EAGLEMUT wrote: ↑
02 May 2022, 19:14
ShinkuroYukinari wrote: ↑
02 May 2022, 18:15
02 May 2022, 18:10
Cause the longer you( or your opponents/ teammates) are in queue the wider the parameters are in terms of who is acceptable to be on your team/ the other team. This is to prevent you from being in queue for 20 minutes till before getting a game.
I'd rather wait 10 more minutes than have a game be decided in the first second by the absurdity of QS matchmaking...
I think you can do this by cancelling and re-queuing before 7 minutes pass.
Well, I got a game in less than 4 and I got a 2100 ELO azzy on the enemy team...

On the bright side we almost won that game, unfortunately Jaguars somehow tank a fuckton of Voltigeur shots :(
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Canada Tad
Crossbow
ESO: Terrible Tad

Post by Tad »

03 May 2022, 15:21
03 May 2022, 07:50

Your reading comprehension is terrible. I literally said its hard to play team, talking about the filters I meant that there were actually 6 3v3 games going on at that time, but your filters were set to "closest region". And yes, I'm higher elo than you are(or was last time I clapped you).
Pretty sure cleters is top 5 atm, why you trying to flex all the time
Canada Tad
Crossbow
ESO: Terrible Tad

Post by Tad »

MaxMagous wrote: ↑
03 May 2022, 12:15
@Gimmick_aoe @Kyo_ @Cleters @stitchh @Tad @Winter @dave_12 lets get the team scene going again
I’ll be back on shortly ( moved and waiting for net), feels like I haven’t seen you since the early days of DE. Shoot me a pm on discord Taddy#0618 and we will get some games going soon
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Think the best solution is for teams to be done via lobby. It could be implemented by having ranked team games in casual lobby or quick search loading u to a ranked lobby team game.

I personally find chatting with players and spamming taunts prior to loading into the game part of the team game experience
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

02 May 2022, 19:43
When you said "this is obviously a loss" is where you lost the game. Nothing is obvious. You can win if you try. I know I have. When I was pr 24-26, with a same level team mate, we have won against pr 35-40 premade teams. On EP that is. Heck I and callen almost pulled of a win against h2o and Mitoe before callen resigned for no reason.
I hard carried and resigned so I could read you whine about it for the next four years on ESOC. I beat the best regularly in two vee two. I didn’t feel like letting you experience that.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.