Team Ranked makes no sense

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: Team Ranked makes no sense

Post by princeofcarthage »

callentournies wrote: ↑
05 May 2022, 17:12
princeofcarthage wrote: ↑
02 May 2022, 19:43
When you said "this is obviously a loss" is where you lost the game. Nothing is obvious. You can win if you try. I know I have. When I was pr 24-26, with a same level team mate, we have won against pr 35-40 premade teams. On EP that is. Heck I and callen almost pulled of a win against h2o and Mitoe before callen resigned for no reason.
I hard carried and resigned so I could read you whine about it for the next four years on ESOC. I beat the best regularly in two vee two. I didn’t feel like letting you experience that.
"You hard carried" what, your ass? You literally walked your 30 or so long bows without any anti cav into cav. If anything I was carrying your nub ass and eco.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Nub ass
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

I don’t remember the game but I stick by what I said unequivocally
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Retired Contributor

That is next level arrogance lol
United States of America Kyo_
Crossbow
ESO: KyoKusanagi

Post by Kyo_ »

MaxMagous wrote: ↑
03 May 2022, 12:15
@Gimmick_aoe @Kyo_ @Cleters @stitchh @Tad @Winter @dave_12 lets get the team scene going again
I like the idea of playing some more high level team again, but unfortunately I've lost nearly all interest in gaming (AOE3/AOE4/CSGO) so I don't think I'll be playing anytime soon :sad:

I'll let my biggest of boys @Tad @Misha and @PatrickLFC revive the team scene in my stead
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Post by PatrickLFC »

05 May 2022, 19:29
Aren't you the guy who claims to have never been wrong about anything?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Retired Contributor

PatrickLFC wrote: ↑
06 May 2022, 00:23
05 May 2022, 19:29
Aren't you the guy who claims to have never been wrong about anything?
It is more like a fact than claim
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Post by Cleters »

Well just played with redpif in qs, we faced kynesie which was solo queueing and it appears his mate was top 3200 on 3400 active players hahaha, and he got matched with 3 top 20, incredible.
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

i'm streaming team lobby's btw for those that wanna play
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Cleters wrote: ↑
07 May 2022, 21:29
Well just played with redpif in qs, we faced kynesie which was solo queueing and it appears his mate was top 3200 on 3400 active players hahaha, and he got matched with 3 top 20, incredible.
don_artie wrote: ↑
07 May 2022, 22:13
i'm streaming team lobby's btw for those that wanna play
And this, my dear people, showcases the difference between 'complaining' and 'taking action' perfectly.
No Flag nono12
Crossbow

Post by nono12 »

DE or aoe4 interface to discuss with every one or to see who is online around your Elo range are so garbage. It isolate players.

DE lobbys can't be order by players Elo makes it impossible to host lobbys except if you have a good enough pc and net to stream on twitch.

Team match making has always been bad. Maybe it is mostly bcz of the player base, maybe not : on aoe4 and aoe2DE there are the same issues whith larger player bases (but still not enough maybe?)
I won't even talk about the experience to solo queue on team, you get beginners vs a premade of your Elo and you lose like 10 points, most of the time.
They made the same errors with aoe2de, aoe3de and aoe4, like they dont care and didn't read players advice or complains.
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

Just to double down on my point about the stupidity of matchmaking.

So I got matched with literal 2400 elo premades, versing 900 elo premades. HOW?!

And that 0 ELO gain, just to rub salt into my wound...
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Retired Contributor

It just means there aren't enough players playing team. Nothing inherently wrong with ranked team.
No Flag Narida
Musketeer
ESO: Narida

Post by Narida »

The ladder should be soloq only at the minimum. Currently you can only q up if you have mates or you will just get bots as teamates vs premades. This means noone queues up alone and then the ladder is just completely dead because there are never enough full teams searching.

Also if it was soloq only there wouldnt be so many abusers and exploiters and the team ladder rank might actually mean something in the long run.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Tried a 3v3 queue like some 3 hrs ago 15mins still not a game found clearly majority of ppl are playing singleplayer/campaign/lobby games and only few like say 200 are doing ranked maybe or even less out of 4k ppl online lol
:nwc:
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

Challenger_Marco wrote: ↑
03 Jun 2022, 15:38
Tried a 3v3 queue like some 3 hrs ago 15mins still not a game found clearly majority of ppl are playing singleplayer/campaign/lobby games and only few like say 200 are doing ranked maybe or even less out of 4k ppl online lol
most guys q 1v1 ranked on DE instead of teamgames
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon

What ELO are you? I am hovering around 1450 ELO(tho i pick 2v2, 3v3, 4v4) and on average get games within 5 minutes, rarely needing to wait longer.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

ShinkuroYukinari wrote: ↑
03 Jun 2022, 18:34
What ELO are you? I am hovering around 1450 ELO(tho i pick 2v2, 3v3, 4v4) and on average get games within 5 minutes, rarely needing to wait longer.
:nwc:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Narida wrote: ↑
03 Jun 2022, 15:20
The ladder should be soloq only at the minimum. Currently you can only q up if you have mates or you will just get bots as teamates vs premades. This means noone queues up alone and then the ladder is just completely dead because there are never enough full teams searching.

Also if it was soloq only there wouldnt be so many abusers and exploiters and the team ladder rank might actually mean something in the long run.
Its actually a good idea to have separate queues for solo people queuing and for people who are stacked, but unfortunately just not even players in this game I think
No Flag nono12
Crossbow

Post by nono12 »

They could do : solo queued player elo virtually deflated when calculating matchmaking before the game and elo gains/loss at the end of a game to favore a bit solo players
No Flag Narida
Musketeer
ESO: Narida

Post by Narida »

gibson wrote: ↑
04 Jun 2022, 01:00
Narida wrote: ↑
03 Jun 2022, 15:20

Its actually a good idea to have separate queues for solo people queuing and for people who are stacked, but unfortunately just not even players in this game I think
I mean thats how it is for other games like LOL. I think to have a ladder for stacked teams is useless though in this case because it will just be dead and split the userbase even more.
European Union TranceGate
Musketeer

Post by TranceGate »

Have you ever thought about parameters? Before searching for a game you could specify the maximum and minimum elo range to be found at this point nobody is sad because it is up to you to specify, if you want to find games with long but equal waits and / or specify using the parameters otherwise you will find games with random elo a short wait. They will be short on budget but this would have ensured a more balanced matchmaking from the start of the launch and would not have killed the quick search.
I am referring to people who randomly search for both 1v1 and team, in case of team with mates the system should act alone by finding a fair elo balance or at least put a button with a preference to find fair elo in case the system does not. If you have to divide casual players who find teams with a team that finds teams, the quick search would die instantly because we know that there are not many team players on Aoe3de
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Wish dev spent more time fixing team ranks. I'm sure a few devs brain storming on this can come up with some creative solutions.
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon

After picking up team ranked again after so long, I can confirm that the situation is still as bad as ever, especially with imbalanced matchmaking.