Are Abus shit nowadays?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Re: Are Abus shit nowadays?

Post by callentournies »

mace? just hero ERK lmao
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Kaiserklein wrote:
30 May 2022, 23:12
Nah, abus can trade almost forever vs maces cmon. The threat is with coyotes mixed in, but mass maces won't do shit
It's time specific, first 5 abus are out at 6.10, by that time you can have 25-30 maces + more to come at a higher rate of what otto can get. Only thing is to not overextend if otto built in base (that's not ideal to start with), because pathing or just unit popping out from TC can be deadly. But like in the open you can pursue abus quite hard actually. Jan can't really do much as they get sniped off very easily (at one point you might change the target and take shots from abus but trade from a more convenient amount of jans) and once you get 40-50 maces they also snipe 3 huss pretty quickly.
It's ofc the bully way to deal with jan abus, I wouldn't advise to do that (especially since just mace+coyote mass works very well) but it still goes to show my point about abus.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

5 first abus should be out by like 5:50 with the normal 700w abus jan build, I doubt you can have 25-30 maces pushing the base by that time. And then abus 2 shoot maces so with good micro you can kill 2 per volley. If they keep pushing with the extra 4.5 speed you can use your 5-10 jans so abus don't get focused. Start kiting again, and because of their shitty animation, maces will need to keep walking for a while again while getting shot, etc. And all this buys time for you to get more abus out, each batch being a big powerspike.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..