Does the Inca FF actually have a counter?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Does the Inca FF actually have a counter?

Post by Riotcoke »

So i've been trying to play some games as malta after a decently long hiatus and like 1/3 of games I get are against someone doing a super quick FF with inca where the fort goes up and then i'm basically fucked by Hurracca + Bolas.

I can't work out what actually counters it because the hurraccas seem to basically counter everything?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Does the Inca FF actually have a counter?

Post by Garja »

It should be definetely counterable, as well as overall beatable without a direct counter. At least now that it has been nerfed.
With Malta try 700w 600w double rax bow pike. You can probably even catch the fort going up or alternatively just fuck up his strat big time by sieging down houses, etc.
Image Image Image
Great Britain andrewgs
Musketeer

Post by andrewgs »

Musk skirm is the only thing I've found that comes close to being effective late game. I'm not sure its cost efficient, I only won when I contained and had the map to gather from. Wonder how xbow would do.

If they place fort somewhere random on map, TC fire + xbow cav sort of works, if you have your houses and such behind base.

Getting the tp down helps slow them down.

chasquis can't get the fort shipped to them now, that seems new
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

yea now that the fort wagon is going to be coming from the towncenter, this strat should be easily counterable. Before its much harder cause its almost impossible to deny it.
Great Britain andrewgs
Musketeer

Post by andrewgs »

So you have between 5:21 when 2 trading posts go up, and 7:10 when fort arrives to take out two tps to prevent it being shipped forward.

After the fort is shipped it'll be unit shipments. He has 16 vils and 50 pop in housing (10 from tc, 15x2 from kanchas, 5 x2 from tps)
To delay the first shipment of huaraca, you need to take out 2 kancha and a tp or 1 kancha and a tp.

The fort takes 24s to build with the wagon. If you don't have units right next to it, you're not sieging it down.