New meta British

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

New meta British

Post by fei123456 »

Now that British has -100 food start, and Virginia company has been nerfed a lot, TP VC build isn't available now. Is there some idea?

I'm trying to delay my opponent in age ii and outboom him, but it's hard to really prevent him from aging up. Early timing lose to FF 2 cannons, and greedy boom lose to more cannons/FI/out of resource. If i do some semiff builds, my economy isn't that good (without VC), and British age iii units are quite common (compared to those new civs and mercs).
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Re: New meta British

Post by look »

I think you have to search for 100f of treasure (which is not difficult to obtain) and continue the same thing.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Brit’s previous 3 or 4 opening options are reduced to 1: build 2 manors and ship 3v. You still age 2:35 or 2:40.

Just play them normal and pray you don’t get Aiz in queue. If you do instantly resign.

Lament the death of the tower FI, the most innovative viable strat there ever was. was.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

@risi123 is rank 15 playing Brit, ask him
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

callentournies wrote: ↑
05 Jun 2022, 17:13
Brit’s previous 3 or 4 opening options are reduced to 1: build 2 manors and ship 3v. You still age 2:35 or 2:40.

Just play them normal and pray you don’t get Aiz in queue. If you do instantly resign.

Lament the death of the tower FI, the most innovative viable strat there ever was. was.
In most games I do the former build, but the opponent just go age iii and I don't have enough early units to prevent this. Either to follow up or to stay in colonial seems bad, as I don't have 200 pop economy.

And what about the FI build? British doesn't seem to have many attractive things in age iv. They have to upgrade every unit with full cost, and RG musket and hussar becomes a disaster.
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

This has always been the crux of brit.

You can still boom without VC btw. 3v and 2 manor start is a bitchin starting eco.

Tbh forcing me to play brit in a way in which they're decent has been a huge boost to my Elo (when I'm not playing aiz). Brit is very very good civ still, don't blame meta for your unsuccess. The answers aren't obvious but they can be.
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.