Response to: ChefSudiste MapHack

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Re: Response to: ChefSudiste MapHack

Post by callentournies »

I demand a third party investigation!
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
European Union TranceGate
Musketeer

Post by TranceGate »

Hi, since the rec games are really so broken the proof i have provided is not fully functional, i have reviewed the rec on both sides again and the pings are identical for both sides so they are confused and it is not clear which player to play wich team pinged. This excludes that chefsudiste has used maphack but since rec games have such a feature, many players can abuse it at least in teams because then there is no concrete evidence to accuse a person who uses maphack. I apologize for the accusation.
European Union TranceGate
Musketeer

Post by TranceGate »

We also await the third party investigation.
France ophisouroboros
Crossbow
ESO: [Cosa] Ophis_Ourobo

Post by ophisouroboros »

XiLED wrote: ↑
06 Jul 2022, 04:14
Last week @TranceGate accused ChefSudiste, member of the french [COSA] Clan, of cheating via MapHack.

We'd like to adress those allegations and while doing so, remain objective & neutral as possible.

XiLED always had good relationships with COSA. We played a ton of ranked Team-Games with/against them & only have positive things to say. They were welcoming and friendly at all times.

XiLED Leadership was shocked by that accusation and therefore investigated the case. We confronted COSA Officials immediatly when news broke out.

This is the response we recieved from Momobreizh/Chefdruidiste [Leaders of COSA]

The accused player "ChefSudiste" and me(ChefDruidiste) are very close friends and we screenshare on discord almost everytime so people in the channel can watch us play.
Obviously you could argue that you can turn off hacks while streaming, but as you can see in the provided screenshot that I am also in that specific game and can assure you he was not cheating and all of the people watching on discord would have noticed if that would've been the case. We distance ourselves from cheaters and will never tolerate cheating!!

The so called "proof" that has been provided by @TranceGate , is not acceptable to us and can't be considered as proof.
It was mentioned that the Ping was suspicious. It's important to understand that those recorded demo's are very glitchy & bugged.
for example: The Enemy player can ping the map, but in that recording it will be visible by all teams - even the team that's not supposed to see it.

This can easily be misinterpreted and unfortunatly is one of the many things that need to be fixed in AoE3 & we urge the developers to improve those mechanics so accusations like this never happen again.

Best Regards,
COSA Leadership

---

Everytime we joined each others discord servers and watched their games on screenshare-stream, we never saw anything suspicious.
XiLED adressed this issue as an act of community service and remains neutral until clear evidence has been provided.

Original Thread by @TranceGate : viewtopic.php?f=982&t=24501
Thanks you are supporting my purposes of the original post, hope your answer and the reclusions of TranceGate will stop all of these accusations.

And for the Third part investigation, it seems that the most effective way will be to streaming some of our COSA games. Among us, were not many in capacity to stream so I will do it myself, but like this you will be all able to be that third party.
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

callentournies wrote: ↑
06 Jul 2022, 05:14
I demand a third party investigation!
I've determined no mhing occurred. I have the rec. Pings are the "color" of the person being actively spectated in the rec. You can restart it, switch perspectives, and ping colors will change, for the same pings.

Sudiste moves his hero organically in the fog of war. If full map was visible on Yukon, you could expect a lot of flaring and abusing of team picking the best treasures.

It makes much more sense that blue pinged the treasure at 1:15 for his yellow mate to help him out, who is in the vicinity -- rather than enemy pinging an 80 xp treasure they have no hope or desire of stealing.

Likewise, at 3:45, it makes sense that green pinged his own forward villager to signal forward base. Note, prior to this, Sudiste organically scouts 3 otto vills moving forward on the map. His envoy was following a mid-map shift-click scouting pattern since 1:50, there was no path alteration.
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

You need to post a link to this discord, so a third party can investigate :)

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

Try to actually refute the accusations rather than saying your friends don't cheat because they're your friends and btw we're neutral toward our friends.
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

I demand @I_HaRRiiSoN_I aĂź third Party!
Spain pain train is real
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Bo7 showmatch? Losing team are accused and proven to be the map hackers?? I will cast it
United States of America InvisibleUnit
Crossbow
ESO: InvisibleUnit

Post by InvisibleUnit »

I'll also vouch for having seen a particular bug that could have caused this: "Flares" will often show as the incorrect player in recorded games. In my own experience, I've flared my own 5 falcs popping from an artillery foundry. It showed as one of my opponents flaring in the recorded game, but you can tell from their troop movements that they didn't actually know about the cannons.
No Flag SutekhOmbos
Crossbow
ESO: SutekhOmbos

Post by SutekhOmbos »

They don't map hack, they just always happen to intercept my raids in ranked game in perfect direct lines through fog of war...
Attachments
four.png
Two.png
three.png
One.png